How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #511  
Best thing I ever ran across for infections is betadine we keep large bottles on hand I never have sore knuckles anymore at my shop I just pour some on my scratchs and no pain later.

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #512  
Best thing I ever ran across for infections is betadine we keep large bottles on hand I never have sore knuckles anymore at my shop I just pour some on my scratchs and no pain later.

I have done pretty well in the past few years by spreading mechanic's gloves all around, and trying to wear them whenever possible. An oz. of prevention sort of thing. Betadine has been the standard for years, and it does work quite well. I ought to round some up myself.

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ?
When you are in from your tractor work, tell us a bit more about water therapy if you don't mind. When I look the term up, it is referring to drinking a bunch of water in the morning, and I doubt that is what you are referring too.

Any clean running stream can help the healing process by removing infectious cells and reducing inflammation ! using local honey can reduce allergies and works great as a natural antibiotic , even the common yard dandelion in your front yard can be eaten and medicinally as a liver /kidney /gallbladder /diabetic/inflammation /skin problems /upset stomach and as a natural diuretic so no need to have commercially produced pills to survive just google it and learn you don't have to die if you don't have your meds !:laughing:

I have done pretty well in the past few years by spreading mechanic's gloves all around, and trying to wear them whenever possible. An oz. of prevention sort of thing. Betadine has been the standard for years, and it does work quite well. I ought to round some up myself.

Betadine which is easily purchased and stored can be "painted on to the lower forearms and abdomen as a source of iodine to avoid thyroid disease and radiation poisoning !

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #515  
Any clean running stream can help the healing process by removing infectious cells and reducing inflammation ! using local honey can reduce allergies and works great as a natural antibiotic , even the common yard dandelion in your front yard can be eaten and medicinally as a liver /kidney /gallbladder /diabetic/inflammation /skin problems /upset stomach and as a natural diuretic so no need to have commercially produced pills to survive just google it and learn you don't have to die if you don't have your meds !:laughing:

Thanks for the reply.

I am not completely clueless about the natural remedy that would come closest to controlling the only disease I ever take medicine for. But if you are all honest, you'd come near taking a few pills every few months than you would drinking hog whipworm eggs. Sure, if I'm down and out, and there is no other alternative, I may then have to float some whipworm eggs and drink them down. But until that time comes, I think I'll stick to a bit of prednisone when I get into a jamb.

the children of today would be the hardest hit because they are kept in a sterile world and not allowed to play in the dirt , your body has to build immunities and all these anti biotic soaps /cleansers and sprays will render them defenseless !

Thanks for the reply.

I am not completely clueless about the natural remedy that would come closest to controlling the only disease I ever take medicine for. But if you are all honest, you'd come near taking a few pills every few months than you would drinking hog whipworm eggs. Sure, if I'm down and out, and there is no other alternative, I may then have to float some whipworm eggs and drink them down. But until that time comes, I think I'll stick to a bit of prednisone when I get into a jamb.

prednisone and any other steroid drug will render you with "thin skin " more apt to skin tears /infection /lowers white blood count and your ability to fight infection ! "Grumpy ol man has a degree in nursing sciences" I have worked ER/surgical icu/medical icu/respiratory icu/critical cardiac care / operating room and every other area of a level 1truama hospital including high risk obstetrics and labor and delivery assisted in the pharmacy and have a advanced degree as a flight nurse ! and I was one of the very first asked to assist with trauma cases in Homestead (hurricane Andrew by Governor Chiles office in Florida I am a true believer in healing thy self using all available resources ! (I once had someone ask the question that if we had a really bad patient would we call 911 I had to remind them that we were the people 911 brings the severely injured to !) And I only take 1 Aspirin a day ,And don't believe anyone short of a transplant patient needs a handful of meds everyday !

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #518  
prednisone and any other steroid drug will render you with "thin skin " more apt to skin tears /infection /lowers white blood count and your ability to fight infection ! "Grumpy ol man has a degree in nursing sciences" I have worked ER/surgical icu/medical icu/respiratory icu/critical cardiac care / operating room and every other area of a level 1truama hospital including high risk obstetrics and labor and delivery assisted in the pharmacy and have a advanced degree as a flight nurse ! I am a true believer in healing thy self using all available resources ! (i once had someone ask the question that if we had a really bad patient would we call 911 I had to remind them that we were the people 911 brings the severely injured to !

I have not studied all of medicine and all diseases, but I have studied Crohn's disease for 40 years. I am always on the lookout for new ideas, and I will continue to study the disease until I die. My goal is to die from something other than Crohn's disease. The "he's too clean" ideas don't apply to me since I raised hogs and cattle in my youth and frequently spent all day in a farrowing house. And later, I frequently spent all day working cattle, some beef, but mostly dairy. Last, I am a bachelor, so complaints about "his house is too clean" would be a sarcastic comment. :D

I have not studied all of medicine and all diseases, but I have studied Crohn's disease for 40 years. I am always on the lookout for new ideas, and I will continue to study the disease until I die. My goal is to die from something other than Crohn's disease. The "he's too clean" ideas don't apply to me since I raised hogs and cattle in my youth and frequently spent all day in a farrowing house. And later, I frequently spent all day working cattle, some beef, but mostly dairy. Last, I am a bachelor, so complaints about "his house is too clean" would be a sarcastic comment. :D

There are 4 basic types of Crohn's and hopefully you have type 1 , Which can be controlled by your diet and it takes time to find the right diet ( I am not giving you medical advice to not take my statements as advice to cure your symptoms always follow your Dr's advice and treatment plan ! There now I don't have to worry about being sued ) Anyway ask your doc if this could wok for you . Inflammation is the cause of most disease process and can be controlled ,Sugar is a terrible thing and cancause inflammation but it still tastes good in my coffee !

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #520  

EE - Don't let Rob know you have any malady at all....he will have you dead already...or he will be very quick to tell you how quickly you will die when medicine is no longer available ...and if you believe that I have things to sell you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.