New Guy, HELP: Kubota or Mahindra?

/ New Guy, HELP: Kubota or Mahindra? #11  
is the Kubota you're looking at MFWD or 2wd? if it's MFWD then there's your 4k difference in price. looking at the links you provided, the Mahindra seems to only be availible in 2wd. you mentioned you were getting a loader, and while 2wd WOULD work, the MFWD makes it easier. personally, i would get the Kubota all things considered. if nothing more then the fact that i have seen more owners of that model tractor here on TBN then i have that paticular model Mahindra. always nice to know folks that have the same machine as you when questions you have might arise.

/ New Guy, HELP: Kubota or Mahindra? #12  
The Kubota has more HP but the Mahindra is the heavier tractor (more traction and stability). The Mahindra I know also makes its HP at a lower RPM (more low end torque). I am just pointing out that the Mahindra has its merrits also. Both are quality durable tractors and as mentioned before, you should try out both tractors and see which one fits your needs best. Then weigh your desision comparing price and how you feel about both tractors. Good luck with your desision.

/ New Guy, HELP: Kubota or Mahindra? #13  
I agree with the 4WD. Get that for sure.

As far as brand goes, get the one that is more common in your area.

I used to love to buy exotic things, rotary engine Mazda cars, A .284 Winchester caliber rifle, weird cameras that Consumer Reports liked. After beating my head against this wall for years, I came to realize the value of buying the stuff that can be serviced easily, has good parts availability, and is lower in price because of economies of scale.

Now I have a Ford pickup, A Toyota SUV, a .308 rifle, and a common brand camera.

The stuff doesn't break down as much and when it does I can get it fixed. When hunting season rolls around a box of ammo costs $15 instead of $50.

You will not go very far wrong buying the bigger brand name.

Also, take a look at this thread http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/mahindra-owning-operating/137914-bad-news-good-news-huh.html

This guy had a part crack on his Mahindra, and even though they stepped up and provided an out of warranty free part, shipping and labor was ~$1300.00. And this was to replace a clearly defective part.

A couple more issues like that and the $4k savings is down the drain. And, they don't finance repairs.

/ New Guy, HELP: Kubota or Mahindra?
ya i know i read that thread. that was a bad break there. Like i said before im trying to come up with a little extra money and it wont be as much for me on financing the Kubota.

/ New Guy, HELP: Kubota or Mahindra? #15  
Im pretty much come to a decision on either getting a 50hp Kubota with bush hog and front end loader or a 41 Hp Mahindra Tractor with the same attachments. My question is this which one should i get? the Kubota will be about 4k more and both have about the same specs and what not. About the only difference iv been able to see is the kubota has 9 more hp. They both have similar warrentys, and both are giving 0% interst. Im also gonna be putting down about 2k on it, and that should purchase my hog and a little more so all i will be finianciing will be the tractor and loader. Anyone knows anyone with either would be great. Iv got until the end of the month to come up with what i wanna do. I dont have no more than 13 acres and dont plan on doing nothing more than bushoging and moving gravel and dirt around with the loader since i have a gravel road that i have to take care of. Any Help would be Awesome, thanks yall.
My choice would be Kubota hands down verses the Mahindra.I have dealt with both of there customer service centers and Kubotas was 100% better than dealing with kunckle heads at Mahindras customer service center located in TomBall Texas.coobie.

/ New Guy, HELP: Kubota or Mahindra? #16  
"...13 acres and don't plan on doing nothing more than bush hogging and moving gravel and dirt around..." also, "...trying to come up with a little extra money..." Have you thought about a smaller tractor? What price did you get for either???

/ New Guy, HELP: Kubota or Mahindra? #17  
Sounds like either one will do what you need. I would look to see which tractor you like better, which dealer you like better and then weigh how mechanically inclined you are and how often you think you might want to trade up.

In my case it came down to the Kioti DK45SE or the Kubota L4400. Price was about the same. I liked the Kioti a bunch more even though the Kubota dealer was 65 miles closer than Kioti.

I am willing to work on the machine when necesary, just did the 50 hour maintainence, and my intent is for that tractor to get old working on my 38 acres.

If I thought I was going to flip the machine for another in less than 5 years or that any and all maintenance/repairs would need to be done at the dealer I would have likely bought the Kubota instead.

Warhammer

Im pretty much come to a decision on either getting a 50hp Kubota with bush hog and front end loader or a 41 Hp Mahindra Tractor with the same attachments. My question is this which one should i get? the Kubota will be about 4k more and both have about the same specs and what not. About the only difference iv been able to see is the kubota has 9 more hp. They both have similar warrentys, and both are giving 0% interst. Im also gonna be putting down about 2k on it, and that should purchase my hog and a little more so all i will be finianciing will be the tractor and loader. Anyone knows anyone with either would be great. Iv got until the end of the month to come up with what i wanna do. I dont have no more than 13 acres and dont plan on doing nothing more than bushoging and moving gravel and dirt around with the loader since i have a gravel road that i have to take care of. Any Help would be Awesome, thanks yall.

/ New Guy, HELP: Kubota or Mahindra? #18  
I've got a Kubota and it's great. Checked out other makes(models), but kept going back to Kubota. A good knowledgable Dealer helps Before and After you buy your tractor.

I dont have no more than 13 acres and dont plan on doing nothing more than bushoging and moving gravel and dirt around with the loader since i have a gravel road that i have to take care of.

I gonna bet (and I think most will too) that you'll probably want to do more after you get the tractor. So consider other Implements/Attachments. For example, you might want a Box Scraper to help level your road. You might get it cheaper with a Package deal when you buy your tractor, so ask about it.

I find that Tractor Equipment is like Fishing Equipment. You may learn to fish with just minnows or a jig. But, sooner or later you'll want to get more Lures! In fishing they call it "Fish Fever". What do they call it with Tractors?

/ New Guy, HELP: Kubota or Mahindra? #19  
   / New Guy, HELP: Kubota or Mahindra?
"...13 acres and don't plan on doing nothing more than bush hogging and moving gravel and dirt around..." also, "...trying to come up with a little extra money..." Have you thought about a smaller tractor? What price did you get for either???

ya i did look at a smaller tractor. I looked at the L4400 series but right now the MX is cheaper then the L series. I dont know why but it is. So if i can get a more hp tractor for cheaper why not lol. Price was 14k for the Kubota and 12k for the Mahindra. I was at first gonna finance the tractor and loader, i meant by the come up with extra money so i dont have to finance the loader but just the tractor.