2305 with 47" 2 stage snowblower question

/ 2305 with 47" 2 stage snowblower question #101  
Went back for a visit today,they now believe it is a bad driveshaft(the 4 foot long telescoping shaft from the mid-pto to the front). The shaft on the unit had quite a bit of run-out they said. They have a shaft on order to try now,seems most likely the cause. Thanks to all that responded,I will update later on with results.

I know this is an pold thread but after one "very light usage" winter I found that my 47" blower is making a lot of noise.. when disconnected and turned by hand it sounded like a bad bearing on the end of the pin where the small sprocket is located.. JD replaced bearing and spent 9 hours on it but was unable to determine where what was causing noise.. Any update on how this worked out for you? Any future problems..

/ 2305 with 47" 2 stage snowblower question #102  
I had the 2210 with the 47. My dealer tried everything they could and it vibrated the whole machine. Fast forward to monday and I just intalled the new 54" on my 2210. Totally different. Much better. Now I won't be worried about my machine falling apart. My big problem is Deere did nothing to help when they obviously knew this was a big issue. Now they redesign and its fixed. What about my losses on a snowbower they couldn't fix? I guess I'm just out the $$$. If I was you I would move up the food chain and demand an upgrade to the 54" blower, or at least the different shaft set up with a cv joint now. I think that was the issue, the blowers look very similar except for the plastic impeller. I haven't got snow yet so I don't know how it's going to work.

/ 2305 with 47" 2 stage snowblower question #104  
I had the 2210 with the 47. My dealer tried everything they could and it vibrated the whole machine. Fast forward to monday and I just intalled the new 54" on my 2210. Totally different. Much better. Now I won't be worried about my machine falling apart. My big problem is Deere did nothing to help when they obviously knew this was a big issue. Now they redesign and its fixed. What about my losses on a snowbower they couldn't fix? I guess I'm just out the $$$. If I was you I would move up the food chain and demand an upgrade to the 54" blower, or at least the different shaft set up with a cv joint now. I think that was the issue, the blowers look very similar except for the plastic impeller. I haven't got snow yet so I don't know how it's going to work.

As far as I can tell the 54" is NOT an option for the 2305??

But does anyone know about the evolution of the 47" blower.. I bought this whole machine and atachments brand new last year (fall 2009) Is there any way to know what the manufactured year of my stuff is.. I looked at every lable/serial number/model number and such and other then it being unused I have no way of knowing whether there was a newer abd better version then what I bought... Just made me curious and now my mind is racing ;)

/ 2305 with 47" 2 stage snowblower question #105  
As far as I can tell the 54" is NOT an option for the 2305??

But does anyone know about the evolution of the 47" blower.. I bought this whole machine and atachments brand new last year (fall 2009) Is there any way to know what the manufactured year of my stuff is.. I looked at every lable/serial number/model number and such and other then it being unused I have no way of knowing whether there was a newer abd better version then what I bought... Just made me curious and now my mind is racing ;)

Shows compatible with 2305.

JohnDeere Utility Tractor Attachments

Thought it would take you directly to page, but doesn't. Click on snow removal then the 54" blower.

/ 2305 with 47" 2 stage snowblower question #106  
mine got real loud...over time. Found out it was chain getting very very loose on blower. Loosened 4 bolts, and learned there is a slot to stick in screwdriver to provide a place to add force to spread gears apart to take up slack in chain. Tightened all bolts, then sprayed with JD gray colored chain grease. Like brand new, really quiet again.

/ 2305 with 47" 2 stage snowblower question #107  
mine got real loud...over time. Found out it was chain getting very very loose on blower. Loosened 4 bolts, and learned there is a slot to stick in screwdriver to provide a place to add force to spread gears apart to take up slack in chain. Tightened all bolts, then sprayed with JD gray colored chain grease. Like brand new, really quiet again.

Going to have to try this, mine has gotten louder over time.

/ 2305 with 47" 2 stage snowblower question #108  
Going to have to try this, mine has gotten louder over time.

Be sure to check the tightness of the chain while turning it by hand. Some model have small defect in the chain sprocket that makes the tension of the chain from tight to loose while turning. If you happen to tight it on the loose side of the sprocket, chances are that to much tension could break one of the lock collar when it turns on the tight side. If you have the blower operators manual, the instruction on how to adjust the chain with the right tension is in there. :thumbsup:

/ 2305 with 47" 2 stage snowblower question #109  
Been glancing a all the posts.. I only seen one person mention what RPM they were running blower..
Mid PTO is 2100 rpm not 27 like the rear..
Last winter mine had vibrations ,but I noticed if I ran tractor somewhere around 2300 ..Yes there is still vibration not near what it was when running at the 27-28 rpm.
As for blowing snow I couldn't tell any difference if at higher or lower rpm.

/ 2305 with 47" 2 stage snowblower question #110  
Mine was noisy until I got the newer drive shaft some here have mentioned. I can hear it when it's running, but it doesn't sound like it's falling apart anymore.

Lakeland in NY replaced the drive shaft with the newer design (solid, not telescoping) at no charge. I am still in the warranty period though. Actually now that I think about it, that's going to run out in a week or so!