Attachments

• image-1921791940.png
    image-1921791940.png
    897.6 KB · Views: 1,283
  • image-709593258.png
    image-709593258.png
    952.4 KB · Views: 1,065
   / Where to weld bucket hooks? #32  
Looking at pictures of the buckets I would think it would work good to drill a hole in the side plate (vertical plate on ends of bucket) and put the pin through the hook and plate. No need for welding. should be strong. Just a thought while im sitting here procrastinating, what I should be doing is fixing the brakes on my car.

/ Where to weld bucket hooks? #33  
my new tractor has to lift a gooseneck that has a tongue weight of 1,500 pounds. im afraid a ball screwed thru bucket lip or top cap would bend. im looking at modifing aq skid mount hitch plate with a receiver for my trailer ball...like shown. i may possible just add a beefed up receiver to a set of loader mount pallet forks. still havnt made up my mind

The skid plate or fork frame sound equally suitable, bring the load in closer to the tractor.

For those that have welded ball hitch receivers to their bucket, how much drop in the hitch is required to get low enough to connect to a trailer. I realize that depends on bucket depth and trailer tongue height but I' not seeing how one could get the ball low enough to connect.

I have a 4 inch drop for my small, low utility trailer, but the pintle on my dump trailer and coupler on flat bed is high enough for just a straight or 2 inch drop. Mine is on top of bucket, I've seen some inside which would lower it more, but mine is fine for my needs :)

There is a chance of bucket contacting the ground over rough terrain, but these are mostly for short trip trailer moving/ jockeying, so it is well worth the trade off. for any serious trailer towing I use the 3pt on rear.

Receiver tube on bucket is the way to go in my opinion, use it so often, don't know what I would do without it :thumbsup:

JB

/ Where to weld bucket hooks? #34  
You can use the receiver for chains, slings it is great
Also HF has stingers with hooks on end, cleaves for 15-17 bucks
This works wonderful

Couldn't agree more :)

Some may be tired of seeing my "Bucket Buddy" since I post this pic of all the acs. when ever the subject come up.

JB

Attachments

• PC035629.JPG
    PC035629.JPG
    171.6 KB · Views: 1,070
  • P9089743.JPG
    P9089743.JPG
    365.6 KB · Views: 1,136
  • P9079734.JPG
    P9079734.JPG
    461.5 KB · Views: 960
   / Where to weld bucket hooks? #35  
Looking at pictures of the buckets I would think it would work good to drill a hole in the side plate (vertical plate on ends of bucket) and put the pin through the hook and plate. No need for welding. should be strong. Just a thought while im sitting here procrastinating, what I should be doing is fixing the brakes on my car.

"Safety police here"
Better go fix the brakes on your car and nix your dangerous thoughts on how to twist your loader and wreck your bucket.

/ Where to weld bucket hooks? #36  
I think you are right on the outer hooks
I wonder if any hooks other than the center
One can bend your FEL. Because I have picked
Up on a fence post to pull it out of ground and
my hooks are in line with my arms and it pulled
My tractor down. But it did not bend my FEL. So
I think I will cut my hooks off and
Use my center receiver only. That would be one
Expensive fence post. I saved many yrs to get my tractor
I would hate to tweak it out on a numbskull thing like a
Fence post

Last edited:
   / Where to weld bucket hooks? #37  
I'm sure it's been mentioned in the pages of this thread already, but you need to use both hooks to lift, in a sling configuration.
Using just one hook only will try to flip you on your side, never mind damaging your loader.

That was part of my reasoning for going with one center mounted receiver attachment point, instead of 2 hooks.

I know bucket hooks are here to stay and have a faithful following, but I don't need them. I wouldn't cut them off though, they could still come in handy for securing a load in the bucket.

JB.

/ Where to weld bucket hooks? #38  
Yup, exactly. I could get under a tongue sitting on the ground if need be.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
That sounds interesting. Care to explain how you get the ball that low.

/ Where to weld bucket hooks? #39  
With all this advice about not putting the hooks outside the lift arms, which by the way I am in complete agreement with, then why are tooth bars the rage when you are basically putting a hook on the outside edge of your bucket? :confused:

/ Where to weld bucket hooks? #40  
I think you are right on the outer hooks
I wonder if any hooks other than the center
One can bend your FEL. Because I have picked
Up on a fence post to pull it out of ground and
my hooks are in line with my arms and it pulled
My tractor down. But it did not bend my FEL. So
I think I will cut my hooks off and
Use my center receiver only. That would be one
Expensive fence post. I saved many yrs to get my tractor
I would hate to tweak it out on a numbskull thing like a
Fence post

well I have 3 ... one center and 2 outside ... sometimes I need to hook center and sometimes I need 2 chains and the 2 out side hooks ... better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them.