New LS Cab Tractors

/ New LS Cab Tractors #61  
The service manager said shibaru motor because of a 15% INCREASE from mitsubishi to meet tier4

/ New LS Cab Tractors #62  
I know quite a few LS dealers offer financing through Agri Credit....mine did, and they went to 84 months (not 0% for that long, but still a good rate) as I recall.

I checked with 2 LS dealers in July 2012 and one of them told me in the 7% range and that was through Agri credit. That was a large difference from John Deere and Kubota who both had 0% for 60 months, $0 down. That's $3800 worth of interest over 60 months. Deere and Kubota would go 72 and 84 months at 2.9%.

Last edited:
   / New LS Cab Tractors #63  
How much more expensive were the JD and Kubota tractors? I saw roughly $10K more for JD and Deere when I was comparing. That pays for a lot of interest (which is still at a low rate if you don't get factory financing). R,

The Deere and Kubota were more. No doubt there, about $9,000 more. The difference between 7% and 0% is about $3,800 worth of interest over 60 months. The LS tractor looked like a great tractor! They included alot features that you pay extra for with most of the other tractor names. I was looking at the R3039H, R4041H, and the R4047H.

The deal killers were a lack of financing and mostly a lack of dealer support. My nearest 2 dealers were about 3 hours away in opposite directions. They both seemed to be very small dealers with not much inventory to look at. Both were unsure of when they could find an automatic transmission model for me or even a manual transmission model in the HP I was looking for. I was told it could be 3 months. I was very worried about not only driving 3 hours one way for service, but I wondered what kind of service I would receive. A warranty is useless if you don't have decent service and when spending $20,000+ I want to know I'll be taken care of if service is needed.

Towards the end I decided to by a cabbed tractor and LS didn't have those at the time. I bought my John Deere and from the time I filled out the loan papers to the time the machine was in my front yard 3 weeks had passed. I have several quality dealers with in 1 hour of my location. This being said, I'm still curious about LS. I wish a dealer would move closer towards me.

/ New LS Cab Tractors #64  
There's no such thing as free money. The 0% for 60 months costs you a lot of money up front. You should have looked at Kioti, very comparable to LS, "0%" financing available and they've always had factory cab models in the line up. I don't think anybody does as nice of a job on their cabs as JD though (but mine is pretty nice).

This was free money. 0% for 60 months with $0 down. This comes out to a savings of $3,800 in interest for me when comparing the 7% interest for me to buy the LS tractor versus 0% for the Deere or Kubota. Both John Deere and Kubota were offering this last summer when I bought my Deere. We don't have any Kioti dealers in my area that are with in a reasonable drive otherwise I would have looked at one. I've heard nice things about them. In my area we have a lot of tractor dealers that carry Bobcat, John Deere, Kubota, Cub Cadet, and New Holland. I must agree the JD cab is 1st class. The Kubota looked like it had a pretty nice cab, but the JD cab is a bit nicer.

/ New LS Cab Tractors #65  
I checked with 2 LS dealers in July 2012 and one of them told me in the 7% range and that was through Agri credit. That was a large difference from John Deere and Kubota who both had 0% for 60 months.

They can afford to finance at 0% when they're charging that much more for an equivalent machine....yikes.

The rates I saw were much lower (Dec 12), and I forgot to mention that my dealer actually uses AgDirect. I know many use AgriCredit, but I don't recall their exact rates. When I bought, the worst rate they offered was 3.99% for 84 months, with lower rates for shorter terms. The lowest rates were well under 2%, so they seemed reasonable overall, to me anyway. Even 3.99% seems pretty reasonably for someone trying to stretch to a bigger machine, because of the extra two years to pay it off. I shouldn't talk about bigger machines....already have envy for the P series LS :)

/ New LS Cab Tractors #66  
I checked with 2 LS dealers in July 2012 and one of them told me in the 7% range and that was through Agri credit. That was a large difference from John Deere and Kubota who both had 0% for 60 months, $0 down. That's $3800 worth of interest over 60 months. Deere and Kubota would go 72 and 84 months at 2.9%.

Agri-Credit has 5.56% or 5.65% (can't remember off the top of my head) up to 72 months. Ag-direct had lower rates out to 84 months, but my dealer doesn't use them?

I agree that not having their own financing is a drawback for LS, but then again, getting 0% from the manufacturer often comes with a catch.

When I bought my last tractor, Kioti offered 0% financing OR a free loader. After doing the math, I went thru my credit union and came out ahead.

/ New LS Cab Tractors #67  
Agri-Credit has 5.56% or 5.65% (can't remember off the top of my head) up to 72 months. Ag-direct had lower rates out to 84 months, but my dealer doesn't use them?

I agree that not having their own financing is a drawback for LS, but then again, getting 0% from the manufacturer often comes with a catch.

When I bought my last tractor, Kioti offered 0% financing OR a free loader. After doing the math, I went thru my credit union and came out ahead.

There was no catch with Deere or Kubota for their 0% financing. I even got another promotion out of Deere that if you buy 2 attachments they would refund you $750. I bought a loader and a set of pallet forks. Basically I got the Deere pallet forks for free with that promotion. The lack of LS financing was an issue. The biggest issue was the lack of LS dealers close by and the 2 that were closest at 3 hours away I questioned what kind of service I would get from them.

/ New LS Cab Tractors #68  
There was no catch with Deere or Kubota for their 0% financing. I even got another promotion out of Deere that if you buy 2 attachments they would refund you $750. I bought a loader and a set of pallet forks. Basically I got the Deere pallet forks for free with that promotion. The lack of LS financing was an issue. The biggest issue was the lack of LS dealers close by and the 2 that were closest at 3 hours away I questioned what kind of service I would get from them.
That's a pretty good deal there. I can understand the dealership-distance issue, and I don't blame you. To be honest, if I had to drive 3 hours just to go try out the tractor, then worry about warranty issues, I would have had a harder time buying LS, or any other brand for that matter. I have Kubota, Deere, and Yanmar all within 5 miles... I excluded them from my searching mainly because of pricing & features-for-the-money. My Kioti dealer had been only about 20-25 mins away which wasn't bad. Now my LS dealer is 45-50 mins (or 65 for the next closest). While I don't prefer the longer drive, it was worth the MANY thousands in savings.

I think Deere makes a fine tractor, and I don't think you made the wrong choice as long as you can justify the payment increase. Hopefully if I ever trade up, LS has their own financing and 0% (if I stay with LS again - we'll see who has the best bang-for-your-buck then).

/ New LS Cab Tractors #69  
I did a 5 year lease at 3.65% with a $1.00 payoff on final payment(every penny goes deducted to my taxes not just depreciation) My dealer is 600 miles away and it didn't stop me from buying LS.

I spoke to a NH dealer ( 50 miles away) and they said they would do the work if approved by LS( they said money is money). My closest LS is about 300 miles away and I wouldn't let him fix my can opener. Thank God I didn't let that experience ruin the purchase of an incredible machine.

Working out details with the wife to see if I can get buried in that beast... I'm sure I can use it on the other side...lol

/ New LS Cab Tractors #70  
I did a 5 year lease at 3.65% with a $1.00 payoff on final payment(every penny goes deducted to my taxes not just depreciation) My dealer is 600 miles away and it didn't stop me from buying LS.

I spoke to a NH dealer ( 50 miles away) and they said they would do the work if approved by LS( they said money is money). My closest LS is about 300 miles away and I wouldn't let him fix my can opener. Thank God I didn't let that experience ruin the purchase of an incredible machine.

Working out details with the wife to see if I can get buried in that beast... I'm sure I can use it on the other side...lol
Interesting... I didn't know you could lease like that