GM guy drooling over a Ford....

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #91  
I'll be honest, I didn't read through all 9 pages, just thought I would add my thoughts though. At work the Raptor has become the go to for our off road vehicles because they're one of the few vehicles capable of reliably making it into and out of the places our HMMWV's go, and they cost 1/8th of the price. They get used and abused in desert terrain and I've never heard a complaint from the guys who run our mobility department.

How does the Ramcharger compare? Seems pretty capable.

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #93  
How does the Ramcharger compare? Seems pretty capable.

The Ram Runner was not a production vehicle was it. I thought you had to order the parts through Mopar performance to build one.

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #94  
The Powerwagon was getting good reviews for off road for a while I thought.

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #95  
The Powerwagon was getting good reviews for off road for a while I thought.

I've only had it a week but so far it's my favorite truck that I have ever owned. This is a 2013 that came off the transport last Wednesday. The 2014's Will have the 6.4 hemi standard instead of the 5.7 but they are changing the gears from 4.56 to 4.10's plus other changes I wasn't wild about.

Attachments

• image-1412999798.jpg
    image-1412999798.jpg
    516.7 KB · Views: 100
  • image-952326964.jpg
    image-952326964.jpg
    493.6 KB · Views: 105
   / GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #96  
The Ram Runner was not a production vehicle was it. I thought you had to order the parts through Mopar performance to build one.

I had it wrong. Power Wagon is what I meant.

Was helping a buddy work on a ramcharger yesterday and had it stuck in my mind.

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #97  
I've only had it a week but so far it's my favorite truck that I have ever owned. This is a 2013 that came off the transport last Wednesday. The 2014's Will have the 6.4 hemi standard instead of the 5.7 but they are changing the gears from 4.56 to 4.10's plus other changes I wasn't wild about.

Awesome truck!

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #98  
Yupp, take care of all maintenance, and it had taken care of me.

Going to look at the new 2014 on saturday.

From GM website

"Our available EcoTec3 5.3L V-8 beats Ford F-150’s EcoBoost in both fuel mileage6 and towing ability (requires Max Trailering Package, available fall 2013.). With our EcoTec3 5.3L V-8 engine, you keep the benefits of a larger-displacement engine and get better fuel efficiency. We think of it as “doing more with more.”

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #100  
The Wrangler will cruise at Rubicon, Barret Lake, Moab, Panamint Valley. The Raptor wont... Although it will do well in the open desert, ala Baja(what it was built for).

Thanks for jogging my memory. I hadn't thought about the Barret Lake Trail in a long time. I used to try to time my Rubicon trip to coincide with Barret being open.

As far as the Raptor goes. It sure looks like it'd be fun to hit the old Mint 400 track outside of Vegas, or the Fireworks 250 course out in Stoddard Valley with one. I led a trailride for a Hummer group out at Stoddard about fifteen years ago (Has it really been that long ago?). It took some scouting, but I did find a few canyons to take them on and those same canyons would be a blast in the Raptor I'm sure!