GM guy drooling over a Ford....

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #71  
I had a '68 F-100 with a 390 in it! Wasn't a trailer around that it wouldn't pull! Great engine, and solid rig!

Wow, I had an F600 with that engine and it would haul 200 bales of hay up and down hills with no problem. That must have been a beast in a pickup.

The six cyl 300 in your other truck likely will run forever. The more I look into the one I just bought, the more tales of 300,000 mile engines I hear about. That's forever in my book.

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #72  
300,000 miles around here is the "newer" stuff. The inline 6 has over 500,000 on it!

Yes, my '68 was a beast. Top end wasn't very fast, but it would pull anything one wanted to hitch to it.

Funny thing, I got the truck used, with 70,000 miles on it. Ran it for many years, pulling trailers and hauling feed, hay, etc. Put over 100,000 on it myself, and sold it for more than I paid for it! Wish I still had it today.

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #73  
Should hit 300,000kms/185,000 miles after labour Day!!

Attachments

• image-839431186.jpg
    image-839431186.jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 129
   / GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #74  
   / GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #76  
I've run many GM's to 200k miles..Not a problem..Congrats!!!

Thank you! My plan is to keep it 2-3 more years. Will hit 400,000 km/250,000 miles when i trade. I love the 5.3l, and will get a 5.3di max trailer next.

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #77  
Thank you! My plan is to keep it 2-3 more years. Will hit 400,000 km/250,000 miles when i trade. I love the 5.3l, and will get a 5.3di max trailer next.

Sounds like you're a maintenance guy so that should be no problem....I was seriously thinking about a DMAX but bought the Denali gasser anyway...After dragging a 7800# net and probably close to 9,000# gross TT..The 6.2 did far better than I ever dreamed it would..Especially going up into the mountains (Big, Big hills)....I only had the truck 2 days before I did the pull so no basis for comparison....The engine braking makes it sound like a dragster---I liked that.

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #79  
Sounds like you're a maintenance guy so that should be no problem....I was seriously thinking about a DMAX but bought the Denali gasser anyway...After dragging a 7800# net and probably close to 9,000# gross TT..The 6.2 did far better than I ever dreamed it would..Especially going up into the mountains (Big, Big hills)....I only had the truck 2 days before I did the pull so no basis for comparison....The engine braking makes it sound like a dragster---I liked that.

Yupp, take care of all maintenance, and it had taken care of me.

Going to look at the new 2014 on saturday.

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #80  
Yupp, take care of all maintenance, and it had taken care of me.

Going to look at the new 2014 on saturday.

The 14's are nice...Keep your head on straight or you'll be driving one home...Not that it's a bad thing.

Edit:...The '14 5.3 isn't that far away from the current 6.2, 50 or so HP less but who cares...Don't remember the torque..But it was fairly close...Same towing ability anyway. I had to think about that one too...