I'm going Bobcat..

/ I'm going Bobcat.. #151  
Just be careful not to get water in the electrics. There is the cruise module up under the left floorboard, and lots of electric things on the firewall, and of course the alternator. Use commons sense.. we have had several reports of pressure washer user spraying down the engine compartment causing harm. Tractors are rainproof/drip proof, not water proof.

/ I'm going Bobcat..
Just be careful not to get water in the electrics. There is the cruise module up under the left floorboard, and lots of electric things on the firewall, and of course the alternator. Use commons sense.. we have had several reports of pressure washer user spraying down the engine compartment causing harm. Tractors are rainproof/drip proof, not water proof.
Just used a hose with sprayer to get the big chunks of mud off the loader and arms, the front axle and wheels. The rears were to muddy. Most of the mud went splashing all over the tractor when I sprayed the rears. Ha
The run up and down the black top dried it off and cleaned the rears.

/ I'm going Bobcat.. #153  
Just used a hose with sprayer to get the big chunks of mud off the loader and arms, the front axle and wheels. The rears were to muddy. Most of the mud went splashing all over the tractor when I sprayed the rears. Ha
The run up and down the black top dried it off and cleaned the rears.

I think that is the safest way, a hose, and a bucket of suds with a rag. I have used pressure washer, and as long as you don't go crazy with it, I am sure it is ok, but the hose and bucket method seems less likely to get water where you don't want it.

/ I'm going Bobcat.. #154  
I think that is the safest way, a hose, and a bucket of suds with a rag. I have used pressure washer, and as long as you don't go crazy with it, I am sure it is ok, but the hose and bucket method seems less likely to get water where you don't want it.

And don't use it for a Boat! as some of these posters have.

/ I'm going Bobcat.. #156  
I did that once with a dirt bike. Didn't get it shut off in time before it went "under". Made a very poor submarine.

While we are telling submarine stories:

Many years ago, I was helping wifey and a friend build a little temporary rock dam across our creek to make a swimming hole with our old Long 2360 2wd Utility tractor. I was pushing rocks toward them as they built the dam. Needless to say toward the end of project I got the tractor stuck or "detained" if you want to use that term.. Well the water was rising fast, and when it was over the floorboards I started getting panicky. Remember this is pretty much a full size Utility tractor, not some little BX, so the water was getting pretty high. We got the dam torn apart before the water killed the engine, but I was getting anxious for a while. I managed to get the tractor out by its own power, so I guess it wasn't really "stuck" but I was running outta time.:eek:

/ I'm going Bobcat..
It's a pretty helpless feeling. I hydro locked the bike, had to pull a spark plug to pump water out. Then do two oil changes. Still have the bike, it runs great, but those were three long hours in the middle of nowhere..
I imagine there would be no way to move a tractor!! Tip it up to try and drain water out the exhaust.. Ha

/ I'm going Bobcat.. #158  
In 3 years I have washed mine twice and with pressure washer, but always with hood down and side cover in place. I never washed the engine, it is still clean. I spray the loader, hood & covers, top of operator floor, around the rear wheels and the rear of the tractor where some oil residue collects from remote couplers after connecting and disconnecting over time. I never pressure wash under the platform where wire harnesses run or directly on the dash/instrument panel. When all done, give it a good grease job to purge water out of any pivot points.

MoPops, Be careful about running down a blacktop road to fling the mud off, many states and/or counties have laws against that. You could get a fine for "littering".

/ I'm going Bobcat.. #159  
In 3 years I have washed mine twice and with pressure washer, but always with hood down and side cover in place. I never washed the engine, it is still clean. I spray the loader, hood & covers, top of operator floor, around the rear wheels and the rear of the tractor where some oil residue collects from remote couplers after connecting and disconnecting over time. I never pressure wash under the platform where wire harnesses run or directly on the dash/instrument panel. When all done, give it a good grease job to purge water out of any pivot points.

MoPops, Be careful about running down a blacktop road to fling the mud off, many states and/or counties have laws against that. You could get a fine for "littering".

/ I'm going Bobcat..
In 3 years I have washed mine twice and with pressure washer, but always with hood down and side cover in place. I never washed the engine, it is still clean. I spray the loader, hood & covers, top of operator floor, around the rear wheels and the rear of the tractor where some oil residue collects from remote couplers after connecting and disconnecting over time. I never pressure wash under the platform where wire harnesses run or directly on the dash/instrument panel. When all done, give it a good grease job to purge water out of any pivot points. MoPops, Be careful about running down a blacktop road to fling the mud off, many states and/or counties have laws against that. You could get a fine for "littering".

I had knocked the big chunks off already. It was difficult to tell I'd been through. Compared to the big tractors that were out prepping fields, I left about 1/100th the mud.
So far, we're having a pretty wet spring.
I've always dried my motorcycles off with a run up and down the road. It's more fun than the leaf blower.
It was actually the first time I'd had the CT225 in 3rd gear.