I'm going Bobcat..

/ I'm going Bobcat.. #171  
Wow you have had some bum luck. I live in Northwest Indiana this is the first real nice weather we've had that it's been dry enough. Did you consider building a ballast box not very much to them. You could just screw some plywood together put in a couple of spots for some three-point pens and fill the thing with mixed concrete when it hardens take the plywood off and Waaloa beautiful ballast. There's a lot on here about guys that have done it They even put PVC pipes down inside the Concrete for toolholders. In the meantime you could install the box blade just get a really heavy one mine weighs about 600 pounds seems to make a fine counterweight but haven't moved anything superheavy yet should be able to test that out today I'll repost As far as the three point implements I have a rule if it has a gearbox on it I always buy new plus the resale value on three point implements seems very good as long as you take care of the stuff. Pretty soon all the farm supply stores like TSC and big r should be running some sales soon I just got a great deal on a brand-new tiller I bought from a local big r store. Hope your luck changes soon.

/ I'm going Bobcat.. #172  
MoPops this is the starting point for building your ballast box, (if you choose to go that way).

CountyLine® Cross Drawbar, Category 1, 3/4 in. dia. - Tractor Supply Co.

This gives you your pins, and a place to bolt angle iron to so you can build your toplink connection by drilling a hole in the two pieces of angle iron bolted to this drawbar. All you need is a container for the concrete. (build out of wood or use a barrel) and finish any way you want.. total spent about $100 and a little time.

/ I'm going Bobcat..
Mo Pops, you might want to check out some of the internet providers for a PTO shaft.. One or the other of these might work for you.

Brush Cutter PTO Shaft

Brush Cutter PTO Shaft

Nice, thanks! I talked to the guy I got the brush cutter from, yesterday. He's got some other shafts there. I'm going to go by Thursday, and see if I can't find one a few (6) inches longer..
When it says it's measured "cross to cross", what exactly are they referring to?

Thanks

/ I'm going Bobcat.. #174  
Hey MoPops,

I sent you a private message regarding a ballast box lead.

Good luck.

/ I'm going Bobcat..
MoPops this is the starting point for building your ballast box, (if you choose to go that way). CountyLine® Cross Drawbar, Category 1, 3/4 in. dia. - Tractor Supply Co. This gives you your pins, and a place to bolt angle iron to so you can build your toplink connection by drilling a hole in the two pieces of angle iron bolted to this drawbar. All you need is a container for the concrete. (build out of wood or use a barrel) and finish any way you want.. total spent about $100 and a little time.

I might end up building one. Or, just getting enough weight on a box blade that I'm covered.
Too much wasted time on it already.
The sun is shining, I'm going to go fire up the Bobcat, and the chain saw.
Thanks all, for the info.

/ I'm going Bobcat.. #177  
MoPops, when you get back in, you might tell me how long of a PTO shaft you need measured cross to cross fully collapsed. I have one I would let go very cheap if it would fit your rig. It is in good shape, and has a good shield. It is of course 1 3/8 spline on one end and 1 3/8 smooth on the other with hole for the shear pin. So it fits a rotary cutter.

/ I'm going Bobcat..
MoPops, when you get back in, you might tell me how long of a PTO shaft you need measured cross to cross fully collapsed. I have one I would let go very cheap if it would fit your rig. It is in good shape, and has a good shield. It is of course 1 3/8 spline on one end and 1 3/8 smooth on the other with hole for the shear pin. So it fits a rotary cutter.

Center of U joint to center of U joint is 30".
I would guess I need 34-36?

/ I'm going Bobcat..
Center of U joint to center of U joint is 30". I would guess I need 34-36?

Also, there's a upper (larger) plug and a smaller (lower) plug. I'm assuming for adding gear oil.
I can't feel any oil from upper plug, and when I remove lower plug, nothing drains out. My guess is "you fill from the upper plug until it drains out the lower plug???" Just a guess. Got to get gear oil for it, before I use it.

/ I'm going Bobcat.. #180  
Also, there's a upper (larger) plug and a smaller (lower) plug. I'm assuming for adding gear oil.
I can't feel any oil from upper plug, and when I remove lower plug, nothing drains out. My guess is "you fill from the upper plug until it drains out the lower plug???" Just a guess. Got to get gear oil for it, before I use it.

You have got that figured out correctly.. Add 80W90 for starters.. then check levels. Sometimes the lower seal is no good on them, and it leaks out quickly. So check again after use for a few hours after it cools.

If it wont hold the 80W90, or similiar. then what guys do is either replace the seal, or some pack it with corn head grease. Which is like halfway between a standard NLGI 2 grease and 80W90