mitsu D2650FD...gettin' started

/ mitsu D2650FD...gettin' started
Hello,

I am new owner of D2650FD. I am having trouble with the front end loader having enough power to lift. When I start it up it works fine for about 10 minutes then it becomes very weak to the point where it wont even lift the bucket. i feel like it is a filter problem I have noticed a slow leak under the seat near where the filter is. The same happens with the shredder attachment. It doesn't want to lift and i notice that the steering becomes sluggish at the same time. I am very new to tractors. Any suggestions?

best of luck with your 2650! mine leaks in lots of places...i've taken the approach that when it stops leaking i have real problems. I do check for fixable problems and loose bolts, but don't stress about every drip.

your pump could be going out. have you changed your tranny/hyd oil? cleaned the filter?

i'm guessing it's your pump...mine did similar things before it wet the bed. works okay when cold but warms up and metal expands, and just won't pump anymore.

/ mitsu D2650FD...gettin' started #42  
i have a question, i am looking for an ignition switch for a mitsubshi d2650fd. Anyone know where to find such an animal????

i have a question, i am looking for an ignition switch for a mitsubshi d2650fd. Anyone know where to find such an animal????

Or NCW Tractor Parts...got my switch there.

/ mitsu D2650FD...gettin' started #45  
I am excited, at least on a certain level. Recently my 21 yr. old son was using the loader to move some large logs and the shaft seal blew out of my hydraulic pump....which consequently filled the engine with hydraulic oil and caused the engine to "run away". Fortunately, this was not the first time he had seen a diesel engine over speed and he knew to block the air intake to kill ( and save) the engine. Here's the "exciting" part......I remembered this thread and talked to NCW about the 9GPM pump SPDRMNKY had bought. I've now got one on the way. I hate to say that I've just been waiting for a good reason to order one of these pumps but this situation presented the opportunity. Finally, I can attain some reasonable loader speed! As a second plus, I have had an orbital steering valve and Hyd. cylinder sitting on a shelf for 2 yrs and hadn't installed it yet because of the limited 5 GPM of the OEM pump. Using a loader for 8 yrs. with no power steering has been a bear and the prospect of getting that situation resolved is exciting to say the least. THANKS SPDRMNKY!! Also have to give more kudos to NCW....... Their 9GPM pump was $25 less than the cheapest price I found on the OEM 5 GPM pump and I talked to them for probably 15 mins. concerning specific hard parts availability and my personal worries/ theoretic problems concerning my particular machine. They know Mitsubishi models and are glad to discuss them with their customers.

/ mitsu D2650FD...gettin' started #46  
Well, I got my new pump and what a difference in speed! I didn't have to make a spacer plate for my MTE2000D, but did have to add an extra washer on each suction/ pressure line bolt. The pump is (obviously) slightly larger, so I did have to replace the upper left OEM hex socket bolt with a 14mm external hex bolt and make a flat spot on the suction line so it would fit between the pump and the starter. Other than that, it was pretty easy to swap out! Thanks again to SPDRMNKY for making this post!

KP...glad to hear of your "good fortune" and your new 9gpm pump! I've been using my tractor on and off...mostly for hauling firewood.

I finally solved the cooling system problem, when I found an old guy who still runs a radiator shop out in farm country. He told me my rad was 50% blocked...that might do it. Also, no pics, but I finally drained the oil from the rear portals and front hubs...yuck! Front was just brown, but the rears were black and the consistency of molasses...one even had pressure after sitting overnight in 40ー weather! Let em' drain overnight while I checked the breathers...heh...rusted shut.

Whoever did the refurb just painted over the old rusted breathers...jack-wagons. A small drill bit, lots of patience, and some JB Weld (when I drilled through the top of the breather) fixed em' right up!

Edit: Should have taken a pic of this but...I also added a block heater while the rad was off getting cleaned. Found a 45mm one on Amazon with a straight element...worked well enough...and big difference starting in subzero temps!

Last edited:
   / mitsu D2650FD...gettin' started #48  
I am excited, at least on a certain level. Recently my 21 yr. old son was using the loader to move some large logs and the shaft seal blew out of my hydraulic pump....which consequently filled the engine with hydraulic oil and caused the engine to "run away". Fortunately, this was not the first time he had seen a diesel engine over speed and he knew to block the air intake to kill ( and save) the engine. Here's the "exciting" part......I remembered this thread and talked to NCW about the 9GPM pump SPDRMNKY had bought. I've now got one on the way. I hate to say that I've just been waiting for a good reason to order one of these pumps but this situation presented the opportunity. Finally, I can attain some reasonable loader speed! As a second plus, I have had an orbital steering valve and Hyd. cylinder sitting on a shelf for 2 yrs and hadn't installed it yet because of the limited 5 GPM of the OEM pump. Using a loader for 8 yrs. with no power steering has been a bear and the prospect of getting that situation resolved is exciting to say the least. THANKS SPDRMNKY!! Also have to give more kudos to NCW....... Their 9GPM pump was $25 less than the cheapest price I found on the OEM 5 GPM pump and I talked to them for probably 15 mins. concerning specific hard parts availability and my personal worries/ theoretic problems concerning my particular machine. They know Mitsubishi models and are glad to discuss them with their customers.

Wait! You cna add power steering to this tractor? My shoulders ache every day I ride it. How do you do it?

/ mitsu D2650FD...gettin' started #49  
Wait! You cna add power steering to this tractor? My shoulders ache every day I ride it. How do you do it?

I purchased a used John Deere orbital steering valve and cylinder which I eventually plan on installing. A generally quicker/ easier route would be to buy one of Hoyes "generic" Yanmar kits and fabricate your own mounts Yanmar Tractor Parts POWER STEERING KIT - NEW!

/ mitsu D2650FD...gettin' started #50  
I purchased a used John Deere orbital steering valve and cylinder which I eventually plan on installing. A generally quicker/ easier route would be to buy one of Hoyes "generic" Yanmar kits and fabricate your own mounts Yanmar Tractor Parts POWER STEERING KIT - NEW!

I will look into it immediately.

I was mowing last week and the darn thing bogged down very badly and died, and hasn't restarted since, so that's going to be my priority. It's a pasture ornament until I can get it started again.