Chipper Woodmaxx vs Jinma chipper

/ Woodmaxx vs Jinma chipper #91  
I posted a nice review on the Woodmaxx website, last year, about the WM-8H. I have about thirty running hours on the machine now. I am really glad I bought it."I would say if you want one, go get one".

/ Woodmaxx vs Jinma chipper #92  
Put my Woodmaxx to work chipping maple branches left from trees I've recently dropped for firewood. Only my 2nd time using it - it's a beast! I love the hydraulic infeed! Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

I purchased a WoodMaxx 8H PTO powered unit with import drive shaft. I attached it to my LS Tractor G3033H, (PTO HP 26) all I needed to do was trim the drive shaft 2.75 inches. After a few hours of chipping pine rp to 5 in. diameter, as I went to re-start and engage the PTO drive, I had the engine RPMs at 900, which apparently is too high for the import drive shaft's shear bolt!

WoodMaxx's on line parts web page doesn't list these shear bolts, so I'll be taking the broke bolt with me to the hardware store, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a replacement shear bolt by part number? I'm retired USAF aircraft maintainer, and I'm conditioned to replace things per the technical order, so I get a bit anxious when it comes to guessing if a non-listed part will do!

/ Woodmaxx vs Jinma chipper #93  
WoodMaxx's on line parts web page doesn't list these shear bolts, so I'll be taking the broke bolt with me to the hardware store, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a replacement shear bolt by part number? I'm retired USAF aircraft maintainer, and I'm conditioned to replace things per the technical order, so I get a bit anxious when it comes to guessing if a non-listed part will do!

That had to be a really crappy bolt to let go at 900 RPM on the 26 PTO HP tractor!
I'd give Woodmaxx a call on this. It might save others from suffering the same type failure you experienced.

/ Woodmaxx vs Jinma chipper #94  
I purchased a WoodMaxx 8H PTO powered unit with import drive shaft. I attached it to my LS Tractor G3033H, (PTO HP 26) all I needed to do was trim the drive shaft 2.75 inches. After a few hours of chipping pine rp to 5 in. diameter, as I went to re-start and engage the PTO drive, I had the engine RPMs at 900, which apparently is too high for the import drive shaft's shear bolt! WoodMaxx's on line parts web page doesn't list these shear bolts, so I'll be taking the broke bolt with me to the hardware store, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a replacement shear bolt by part number? I'm retired USAF aircraft maintainer, and I'm conditioned to replace things per the technical order, so I get a bit anxious when it comes to guessing if a non-listed part will do!

Grade 3 bolts work well

/ Woodmaxx vs Jinma chipper #95  
Page 18 of my manual says ... "Shear Bolt Replacement - Grade 2, Size 5/16 x 18 x 2”. I have a WM-8H model.

/ Woodmaxx vs Jinma chipper #96  
Has anyone felt the need to reverse the bolts protruding into the hopper? I would think some button heads would let things flow better. Has anyone done it, or even considered it?

/ Woodmaxx vs Jinma chipper #97  
I thought about it but decided to wait & see after running through its paces. So far, it hasn't been a real hindrance. The branches catching the edges of the chute was far more annoying

/ Woodmaxx vs Jinma chipper #98  
I thought about it but decided to wait & see after running through its paces. So far, it hasn't been a real hindrance. The branches catching the edges of the chute was far more annoying
That's been my experience too.....

/ Woodmaxx vs Jinma chipper #99  
Seems like plenty of satisfied WM-8 users without a regret...

/ Woodmaxx vs Jinma chipper #100  
None for me. The cost difference on what I saved, I can use towards other implements.