King Kutter Quality

/ King Kutter Quality #51  
In my opinion: KK is the most bang you can get for the buck!

That sounds reasonable, there is always a curve of diminishing returns, where spending more doesn't get you much unless
the job requires it. I'm going to make some hills tomorrow with a 800 dollar ETA hiller/cultivator, not a 8000 dollar Sunflower...
I'm a play farmer too, but getting more serious each year.

If you earn your living with your implements, likely either you would have to be fairly gentle with KK or go up one level of beefiness to begin with. Lots of exceptions to it but I like looking at the weight of the implement. And for sure country of origin of the gearbox if it has one.
And I would take the hp rating of a foreign made gearbox and cut the power to it in half. Just don't overpower the implement. Stall first, bend and blow up later.

There's a shoe for every foot. And most of us are trying to hunt top value, sometimes in different price ranges, but still top value.
I saved every penny of my retirement and like you Fried I want the most bang for the buck too. I compare TSC, Agrisupply's brands, King Cutter and ETA's products all the time.

I always look for silver linings. I'm sorry sir that your backblade bent into a pretzel but just think, our product protected your valuable three point lift arms from bending. ;) And when your gearbox exploded out the side, the chunks did not come forward at your tractor, just as designed. Gosh, that's great!

/ King Kutter Quality #52  
I'm surprised the OP is looking for anything from the manufacture...lets see...older rusting used implement that we have no clue how it was used nor how it came new. The jig could have been off or things got twisted in previous use at any rate the OP bought it as is where is and has to accept responsibility for buying it regardless.

It is one thing to post a pic and saying gee look at this just because but is entirely something else when your looking for restitution of some sorts considering it is far from NEW and bought used.

/ King Kutter Quality #53  
I'm surprised the OP is looking for anything from the manufacture..
It is one thing to post a pic and saying gee look at this just because but is entirely something else when your looking for restitution.

But he's not!! You're absolutely right if you want money from a company for a ten to twenty year old product you bought used.
Perhaps with the exception of it having a Takata air bag in it.........
I'll cut the blade off and weld it back on straight. Not a huge problem, I just think a "sorry, we'll try harder next time" from King Kutter wouldn't have been too much to ask. Shi.. err stuff happens. Acknowledge it and move on

/ King Kutter Quality #54  
I'm surprised the OP is looking for anything from the manufacture..
It is one thing to post a pic and saying gee look at this just because but is entirely something else when your looking for restitution.

But he's not!!....
I'll cut the blade off and weld it back on straight. Not a huge problem, I just think a "sorry, we'll try harder next time" from King Kutter wouldn't have been too much to ask. Shi.. err stuff happens. Acknowledge it and move on

He should not have even bothered the manufacture....he bought it used as is where is. The OP needs to be responsible for buying it period.. end of story.
And then the thread should have been about well looky here this thing is not straight so I'm going to cut it off and put it back together straight...done finish enjoy. From that everyone else can figure out whether the KK blade quality is worthy of there money or at least if buying new/used heads up check the straightness of such implements..but by no means should it start off as a bash of KK given the circumstances.

/ King Kutter Quality #55  
He should not have even bothered the manufacture....he bought it used as is where is. The OP needs to be responsible for buying it period.. end of story.
And then the thread should have been about well looky here this thing is not straight so I'm going to cut it off and put it back together straight...done finish enjoy. From that everyone else can figure out whether the KK blade quality is worthy of there money or at least if buying new/used heads up check the straightness of such implements..but by no means should it start off as a bash of KK given the circumstances.

I have to agree with this one. OP finally admits he bought this thing used. So we have a used implement, no idea how old it was, or how it had been treated over the years. OP buys it in this condition, and has the nerve to expect KK to do something about it, or even care about his used implement.

Gee, I'm going to try that. Let's see, I'm going to go find a 10 year old car, then send the manufacturer of the car a mass amount of complaints and demands because the rear view mirror is crooked. And if they don't bow to my every whim, I'll come on the related forums and EXCORIATE them for their lack of quality.

Yup. I'm convinced. Totally legit.

Last edited:
   / King Kutter Quality #57  
I have to agree with this one. OP finally admits he bought this thing used. So we have a used implement, no idea how old it was, or how it had been treated over the years. OP buys it in this condition, and has the nerve to expect KK to do something about it, or even care about his used implement.

Gee, I'm going to try that. Let's see, I'm going to go find a 10 year old car, then send the manufacturer of the car a mass amount of complaints and demands because the rear view mirror is crooked. And if they don't bow to my every whim, I'll come on the related forums and EXCORIATE them for their lack of quality.

Yup. I'm convinced. Totally legit.
I think you guys are totally mischaracterizing the OP here. He just pointed out an obvious manufacturing 'goof' and made the manufacturer aware. No response. As someone involved in manufacturing/selling hardware, I always respond to a customer regardless of whether it is a nit, nonsense, whatever. That is what customer support and developing a brand that people can trust. The OP did not expect anything but a reply. Addressing complaints whether absurd or not, goes a long way from letting something fester and grow a false narrative potentially. That's all.

I don't read more into the OP's posts here. He simply posted a pic showing shoddy workmanship. At least gives others some awareness when buying implements. A good thing.

/ King Kutter Quality #58  
Funny Mark, we were typing exactly the same thing at the same time. Yours got to the point faster than mine. I'm more longwinded...

Sometimes you don't know enough and you put things "out there" to get a reaction as a kind of sanity check on what is reasonable.
Now if this was "excoriation" I'd help heat the tar and feathers too...but let's be nice.

/ King Kutter Quality #59  
I have to agree with this one.

You misquoted me, I did not post that.

And I think you're being a little harsh here and putting words in the OP's mouth.

I don't know how that happened. Was not my intent to misquote you. I simply clicked "quote" to the guy's post ahead of me.

/ King Kutter Quality #60  

Glad you had success. My experience is disappointing. I also won't work that hard to give someone my money when there are so many good manufactures to choose from. They should be calling me over and over to keep my business.

Seriously?

Guy buys a used implement, and then expects KK to be calling him "over and over" to satisfy him?

For a used implement?

Try that with any other brand, see where it gets you. My advice would be to just let it go. Or learn to pay more attention to details when you're out shopping for these bargain "scores".

So how much did you pay for that USED implement anyway?

And the title is deliberately misleading. Should be "Hey look at the crooked used implement I just bought". Instead of a smear campaign against KK.