King Kutter Quality

/ King Kutter Quality #61  
Quotes are not lining up properly
My entire point is when buying used take full responsibility for your buying decisions unless the previous owner fully misrepresented the product. But still it is up to the buyer to decide buy or pass...do your homework. The manufacture should not have even been contacted in this case but a post about look at this....then move on by fixing it or dealing with it and just a heads up for everyone else...which is a very good thing.
Nothing against the OP

/ King Kutter Quality #62  
I don't know how that happened. Was not my intent to misquote you. I simply clicked "quote" to the guy's post ahead of me.

I've done it too, not a problem, then you have to go back and fuss with cut and pastes.

I think most of the King Cutter equipment would do a great job on my small Massey, a 25hp Iseki with a nice red MF hood.
My 49 and 57hp tractors, most likely not. I don't think that's where King Cutter is positioning themselves anyway.
They aren't trying to be Harbor Freight and they aren't trying to be John Deere.
Internet allows us to do all the research we need before buying, at least as far as feature and spec comparison.

If the OP demanded some answer from KK, he could always ship the implement to their headquarters. Not that would get a reaction.
But at least the manufacture would have a chance to inspect their product and see for themselves if this was OEM
or some home repair gone wrong. If I were them, and it was their original product, I'd be pretty embarrassed.

But I also think they owe the current owner absolutely nothing other than an acknowledgement that after inspection they
are sorry this product did not meet any of their expectations. And they would ship it back to you, their expense.

IMHO KK does not owe the OP a field rep visit for this, the implement is just too old.
I mean, am I going to ***** about a bad design on my 1955 Super A?

I had a bad experience when I first joined TBN, all my own fault. Had a problem with an ETA implement and it created issues online because they
are a major advertiser here. It was all about expectations for fit and finish on a new implement. And Ted handled it well. But it got out there
and lots of folks weighed in with clubs and I took a beating. One guy called me a yuppie. Thought I wanted my implement to look like the BMW I for sure
do not drive. it got nasty, and all I did was tell the truth, not exaggerate anything. We need to not blow folks out of the water too quickly, they may not know
the rules too well about not bashing or even appearing to bash a mfg. And for sure not without stoneclad evidence from word one.
None of us want the implement makers sentenced in the court of public opinion without the right to hear their side.

A lot we all agree on. Clearly a hot button for some...

/ King Kutter Quality #63  
I hear what you're saying. But it shouldn't have taken page #3 for the OP to admit he bought it used. Especially with 2.5 pages of guys piling on about how poor their quality is. And OP saying "he'll post the pic every chance he gets" because KK didn't bend to his will. On a used implement.

That's just pure brand bashing out of spite and nothing else.

Now if he had just bought that thing brand new, receipt still warm in his pocket, and noticed that it was welded crooked. And KK refused to work with him on it? Oh yeah, totally different.

But that's not how it happened.

/ King Kutter Quality #64  
I don't need to buy the whiz-bang fancy stuff, I just want stuff that is solid, simple, and works.
In my opinion, KK implements are low cost, but sturdily built.
If you can park a Tarter Gate (TSC) implement beside a KK implement you will see a significant build quality difference.
The OP got a bad KK blade, but he bought it used, and probably at a very cheap price.
If I had bought that new, it would have gone back, and the credit card amount disputed if need be.

In my opinion: KK is the most bang you can get for the buck!

I hear what you're saying. But it shouldn't have taken page #3 for the OP to admit he bought it used.

Caveat Emptor: the principle that the buyer alone is responsible for checking the quality and suitability of goods before a purchase is made.

As a matter of law, King Kutter has ZERO responsibility for any manufacturing defect on a KK implement purchased used.

I would not return OP's calls either. His call(s) to KK Customer Service are essentially harassment as he has no standing for a complaint.

Last edited:
   / King Kutter Quality #65  
Caveat Emptor: the principle that the buyer alone is responsible for checking the quality and suitability of goods before a purchase is made.

As a matter of law, King Kutter has ZERO responsibility for any defect on a KK implement purchased used.

I would not return OP's calls either. His call(s) to KK Customer Service are essentially harassment as he has no standing for a complaint.

Well, I wouldn’t say harassment but I would say calling them should fall on deaf ears being it was bought used. For all we know, the original owner received it at a discounted rate to compensate the build error.

/ King Kutter Quality #66  
I'm going to upset the apple cart here, but here goes. I own a couple kk items and get along ok with them. The truth is every time there is a issue with a brand name everybody get their panties in a wad and goes on the attack. Just the other night a guy was having trouble with a mahindra tractor. First thing you know somebody is on the attack. Op said he has always been hesitant to post on a public forum because of this. There was the guy from Australia and he had some gray hair. He may have forgotten more about tractors than some of you will ever know. You know where I find my pleasure on this sight? Offering a suggestion or piece of advice. Of course that can end up in an attack situation. The silver lining to all this is I'm out here among 3rd and 4th generation farmers. These guys know tractors. Their comments tend to point to some low IQ on here and alot of laughs. So, what are you gaining by going on the attack???

/ King Kutter Quality #67  
For all we know, the original owner received it at a discounted rate to compensate the build error.
True enough but for those that understand and cherish the hard work in developing a brand, are smart enough not to blow off anybody. You never know when that seemingly unimportant squawk turns into an opportunity. I guess I deal with customers differently than some here. I don’t judge them prematurely. That wacko might lead you on to something you never dreamed of.

I’ve witnessed potential buyers interested in acquiring a business... probe in this manner just to see how the company reacts. It takes little effort to make a customer feel important. Why act such that a customer whoever, doesn’t matter. Stupid.

/ King Kutter Quality #68  
I'm surprised the OP is looking for anything from the manufacture..
It is one thing to post a pic and saying gee look at this just because but is entirely something else when your looking for restitution.

But he's not!! You're absolutely right if you want money from a company for a ten to twenty year old product you bought used.
Perhaps with the exception of it having a Takata air bag in it.........
I'll cut the blade off and weld it back on straight. Not a huge problem, I just think a "sorry, we'll try harder next time" from King Kutter wouldn't have been too much to ask. Shi.. err stuff happens. Acknowledge it and move on

"Perhaps with the exception of having a Takata air bag in it"

Hey, that Takata story worked out just fine for me.
The Toyota dealer kept stalling me, and saying they were waiting for parts.
I really do think they were waiting for parts.
After waiting 9 months I finally realized my liability, if anyone in the front seat should be hurt or killed.
I told the Toyota dealership that I wanted a rental car until the parts became available.
After those 9 months of waiting, I explained to them that if they did not provide a rental, that I would do it myself, and go to small claims court to collect reimbursement.
They got me a rental, and one month later my Takata was fixed.
I put nearly 3000 free miles on the rental.

/ King Kutter Quality
everyone else can figure out whether the KK blade quality is worthy of there money

That's kind of why I posted the picture.

/ King Kutter Quality #70  
King Kutter makes light duty , Pro series ( medium duty) and heavy duty rear blades.
The OP picture is the light duty.
I had a light duty KK blade for a short period and never liked it. To easy to twist if it snagged something. Mine did.
I upgraded to the Pro series ( medium duty) with offset capability and it is a MUCH better rear blade.
http://www.kingkutter.com/store-product.aspx?id=3499
They also offer the heavy duty
http://www.kingkutter.com/store-product.aspx?id=3355
If you buy the lightest duty rear blade they make that's what you are getting.