Compact Tractor Diesel Particulate Filters (DPF) Version 2.0

/ Compact Tractor Diesel Particulate Filters (DPF) Version 2.0 #131  
They have very similar dimensions. Might even be the same frame. I do not know.

However:
They have different engines of different sizes.
One has a gear transmission with a hydro option, the other has synchronized shuttle transmission with a hydro option.
The L3301 can go faster in forward and reverse.
The L3301 is an inch longer.
The L3301 weighs more.

They do share tire size options. So clearly the differences are internal, not bolt on options and accessories.

/ Compact Tractor Diesel Particulate Filters (DPF) Version 2.0 #132  
Perhaps just the fact a L3301's motor spins 400 RPM more at rated power?

/ Compact Tractor Diesel Particulate Filters (DPF) Version 2.0 #134  
I was addressing "The L3301 can go faster in forward and reverse." This is only because its motor revs higher.
I just looked and the difference in rated engine speed is actually 500 rpm (2200 vs 2700). The difference in top speed is 11.5 vs 14.1. Adding 500 RPM to 2200 increases speed from 11.5 to exactly 14.1 so HST gearing of the two tractors are identical.

/ Compact Tractor Diesel Particulate Filters (DPF) Version 2.0 #135  
I was addressing "The L3301 can go faster in forward and reverse." This is only because its motor revs higher.
I just looked and the difference in rated engine speed is actually 500 rpm (2200 vs 2700). The difference in top speed is 11.5 vs 14.1. Adding 500 RPM to 2200 increases speed from 11.5 to exactly 14.1 so HST gearing of the two tractors are identical.
Like as been said before, there are lot more differences than just engine RPM.

For one, the L2501 uses a mechanical injection system, while the L3301 and up uses a Common rail system.

/ Compact Tractor Diesel Particulate Filters (DPF) Version 2.0 #136  
That's much easier to understand. Your original comment wasn't nearly that concise. Nevertheless the differences in these tractors are many. One overlooked till now is IPTO that the L3301 has.

/ Compact Tractor Diesel Particulate Filters (DPF) Version 2.0 #137  
Like as been said before, there are lot more differences than just engine RPM.

For one, the L2501 uses a mechanical injection system, while the L3301 and up uses a Common rail system.

Sure, they are completely different engines. And we better quit discussing L2501 as it doesn't fit in the topic of this thread. :)

/ Compact Tractor Diesel Particulate Filters (DPF) Version 2.0 #138  
The revrse gear artio's on both my M9 is slightly higher than the forward ratio's.

/ Compact Tractor Diesel Particulate Filters (DPF) Version 2.0 #139  
L2501 is one of Kubota's highest unit volume models. It is also a legally dirty bugger.
Kubota's L3301 is the same tractor with eight additi onal horsepower and requisite Tier IV paraphernalia. Your money, your choice.

The L3301 isn't the same tractor as the L2501 with just 8 additional horsepower and Tier IV emissions.

According to tractordata, they are both Tier IV.
The L3301 has a 1.8 liter engine.
The L2501 has a smaller, 1.6 liter engine.

/ Compact Tractor Diesel Particulate Filters (DPF) Version 2.0 #140  
Sure, they are completely different engines. And we better quit discussing L2501 as it doesn't fit in the topic of this thread. :)
Oh that's fine. After all, we're just discussing the differences to clear things up. We can also include the European L2501, which is actually a 50 HP tractor. :)