Price Check What did you pay for your tractor

/ What did you pay for your tractor #21  
A factor many don't know or understand is elasticity of Supply or Demand.

Fuel is fairly inelastic, there are not good substitutes so we pay what we must.
Tractors are more elastic than fuel as some people could use an alternative for their needs or put off purchase indefinitely. (those of us not planning to live off of our farm incomes). The rush to buy now is partially fueled by the expectation that prices will continue to rise.

With durable goods, like tractors, you are unlikely to see significant price drops. What you will see in a few years is that dealers will deal more as demand will taper off. The base prices will not go down unless we have a period of deflation. Of course various policy decisions could swing all predictions into a tizzy.

This is a broad inflationary cycle. It is not limited to tractors or trucks. It will not fix itself and since there is some denial going on, don't expect action to curb it much for another few years. This type of cycle pushes everything up. 'prices' will not return to normal. You will likely see prices come down as a percentage of income, but only after inflation is dealt with.

/ What did you pay for your tractor #22  
If manufacturers “collude” on a constant basis that “prices will increase next year, so buy NOW”, it could be quite a boost to their bottom lines. I guess that’s always kind of implied, but with the upside down chaos we are living in for the last year, people will believe it. Covid will be used as an excuse, real or imagined, to increase prices.
Course, they’ll eventually slay the golden goose (their customer) when the customer runs out of disposable income.

/ What did you pay for your tractor #23  
If manufacturers “collude” on a constant basis that “prices will increase next year, so buy NOW”, it could be quite a boost to their bottom lines. I guess that’s always kind of implied, but with the upside down chaos we are living in for the last year, people will believe it. Covid will be used as an excuse, real or imagined, to increase prices.
Course, they’ll eventually slay the golden goose (their customer) when the customer runs out of disposable income.
They are dealing with real cost increases. Raw materials and labor are both going up. That money is not coming out of thin air, it goes directly to prices. When JD caved it only made things worse. That is peanuts, though, compared to the topic which shall not be discussed.

/ What did you pay for your tractor #24  
They are dealing with real cost increases. Raw materials and labor are both going up. That money is not coming out of thin air, it goes directly to prices. When JD caved it only made things worse. That is peanuts, though, compared to the topic which shall not be discussed.
Definitely
Thats why I said “real or imagined”.
There are some manufacturers who are piling-on. Its a chance to make more money, and if it can get them out of debt, build new facilities, hire more people, etc. they will exploit it. Its a part of capitalism.

/ What did you pay for your tractor #25  
My wife wanted the cab, but all the tractors added such a premium for a cab..
That is why I feel I got a great deal on the M. Sure came in handy today while doing the first of probably 2 passes of snow plowing on the 3 driveways I plow.

/ What did you pay for your tractor #26  
Bought two months ago, JD 1023E, $18200. They want $20700 for a 1025R.

/ What did you pay for your tractor #27  
To much ..But we still love it.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 231

/ What did you pay for your tractor #28  
I was looking at 4 tractors, the John Deere 3025D, the 3035D and the Kubota L2501 Gear Drive and the L3301 Gear Drive. The 2021 3025D was $18499 but rose up to $22,499 on the 2022, while the 2021 3035D was listed at $22,602 but is going for 26,499 on the 2022. I looked at the Kubota L2501DT and the L3301DT but they were even more, but I found a deal when someone had to sell their L3301, and got it for 19K. It seems prices are going up even faster than the cars, as even 2019-2020 used cars are selling above what the new 2021 models were a year ago.
Used tractor prices are outrageous. I paid $19.4k for the JD2025R in 2015. Now, it seems to be still worth about $17k (this is with FEL, absolutely no use without an FEL unless strictly a farm tractor). The Kubota B I want is about $24k with loader. Waiting to hear what the Kubota dealer is going to give me for the 2025R, but the local JD dealer is interested in it, too.

/ What did you pay for your tractor #29  
I purchased my LS XG3025 w/ BH, rear remotes, box blade, and PHD for $21,500 4/2019. To do the same package now would be around $29,000.

I could sell it now and make a few grand profit.... but another new machine would take that profit plus some more to get.

/ What did you pay for your tractor #30  
Look like? what does that mean? No one can tell future reality by “ look like”. History says when supply goes up enough to beat demand, prices will retreat. May take years, but will happen.
Yeah, that's why will can still buy cars at 1960 prices.