Shipping Tractors

/ Shipping Tractors #11  
Fuel increases typically ripple up through the economy...wages for drivers will also go up. If only there was a way we could increase oil supply...

:unsure: There is!
Will we do it???????

Talked to an OTR trucker today delivering cars. I asked him what his company was doing about trucking rates and he said, “we just jacked them up”.
He was unloading cars at a car dealership. So that of course means all out cars will be increasing in price.

Remember the old “destination charge“ on the car window sticker? The fee everyone hates paying?
They just got a lot higher.

Last edited:
   / Shipping Tractors #12  
:unsure:

Talked to an OTR trucker today delivering cars. I asked him what his company was doing about trucking rates and he said, “we just jacked them up”.
He was unloading cars at a car dealership. So that of course means all out cars will be increasing in price.

Remember the old “destination charge“ on the car window sticker? The fee everyone hates paying?
They just got a lot higher.
It always n works like this. Gas for personal use is not typically the biggest problem. As I am sure you are well aware, the increased cost of goods sold goes all the way to the end consumer. Multiply that by almost everything we buy and it is not going to be pretty. The good news is that it will improve in about 4 years.

/ Shipping Tractors #13  
Just hang onto your wallet one way or another we going to feel it.

/ Shipping Tractors
The company/driver called last evening wanting to know if he could pick up the load early next week even though I told him there was no way he would get the load at that price. Apparently, he's not booking any loads with his "new pricing structure."

Round trip will likely cost me about $500 including one night at a good hotel and meals. For a 530 mile one-way trip, he quoted $2650 for the mileage, $250 for loading/unloading fee, $100 for tolls, wanted to add taxes you know he has no tax authority to collect, and a "convenience fee." So his quote was likely to be in the "$3500 range." Ridiculous.

He's very angry people are not paying his new rates.

/ Shipping Tractors #15  
i paid 1k for 480 miles to me, in january of last year, for the tractor in my profile. it was a dually 3500 pulling a 30 foot 5th wheel. 3500 is highway robbery. cheaper to rent a truck and buy a trailer at those prices

/ Shipping Tractors #16  
I hate wishing away time, but I think Im going to have to wish away a lot of the next 1-2 years. I hope I‘m wrong, but I don't think I am.

Other than some great music and movies, there was nothing very memorable about the late 70’s. High interest rates, stagflation, gas station lines, “no-frills” food, depleated military, lousy cars & trucks.

Sign me up! :rolleyes:

/ Shipping Tractors #17  
i paid 1k for 480 miles to me, in january of last year, for the tractor in my profile. it was a dually 3500 pulling a 30 foot 5th wheel. 3500 is highway robbery. cheaper to rent a truck and buy a trailer at those prices
Have you seen trailer prices lately.
They are 50% more than 2 years ago.
Steel is way up. Not as much as fuel of course, but way up.
Now if the OP needs a trailer anyway, then yeah maybe a good time for a road trip.

Commerce is coming to a screeching halt With rising interest rates and $5.50 diesel.

/ Shipping Tractors #18  
no i just get depressed looking at prices anymore. I'm thrilled i got my tractor for what i got it for now

/ Shipping Tractors #19  
no i just get depressed looking at prices anymore. I'm thrilled i got my tractor for what i got it for now
Hear that.
Bad time to be buying steel or anything over a long distance.