Shipping Tractors

/ Shipping Tractors
i paid 1k for 480 miles to me, in January of last year, for the tractor in my profile. it was a dually 3500 pulling a 30 foot 5th wheel. 3500 is highway robbery. cheaper to rent a truck and buy a trailer at those prices
I own a truck and 20' car hauler that will work well. I received a "warning" concerning the car hauler brake lights being in the wrong location when driving through Tennessee, but the new lights only require a day to move, install, and rewire. There are others in competition with this driver but many companies are taking advantage of the situation.

/ Shipping Tractors #22  
well go get it then! send a picture to the guy when your done, tell him someone did it for 1500.....

/ Shipping Tractors #23  
I need to move two cars from SW Florida to NW Georgia. I have been quoted $400 each if on same trip. That was in January but it will probably go up. I can do it, but it costs more in fuel alone for me to make the round trip. And I can only haul one car at a time.

Last edited:
   / Shipping Tractors #24  
I was quoted $5 a mile loaded......very steep.
Was that both to delivery and back, as I was trying to get a tractor from Texas, which would be almost 1000 miles one way. So that would be 5 per mile, 5000 one way, and 5000 back. 10,000 total, that is unbelievable......

/ Shipping Tractors #25  
Fuel increases typically ripple up through the economy...wages for drivers will also go up. If only there was a way we could increase oil supply...
If only... And also if we had a way to move it to where it needs to go to be processed and distributed! Why hasn't anyone thought of this before?

/ Shipping Tractors #26  
It always n works like this. Gas for personal use is not typically the biggest problem. As I am sure you are well aware, the increased cost of goods sold goes all the way to the end consumer. Multiply that by almost everything we buy and it is not going to be pretty. The good news is that it will improve in about 4 years.
Rumpke (Waste Pickup) added a fuel surcharge last time fuel hit >$4.00/gallon. They never dropped when the price dropped to less than half. I am taking bets on whether they jack it up even though they had years of excess profit from the charges during those cheap years.

/ Shipping Tractors #27  
The company/driver called last evening wanting to know if he could pick up the load early next week even though I told him there was no way he would get the load at that price. Apparently, he's not booking any loads with his "new pricing structure."

Round trip will likely cost me about $500 including one night at a good hotel and meals. For a 530 mile one-way trip, he quoted $2650 for the mileage, $250 for loading/unloading fee, $100 for tolls, wanted to add taxes you know he has no tax authority to collect, and a "convenience fee." So his quote was likely to be in the "$3500 range." Ridiculous.

He's very angry people are not paying his new rates.
You are just being greedy and inconsiderate! In the words of Greta T... "How dare you!"

/ Shipping Tractors
You are just being greedy and inconsiderate! In the words of Greta T... "How dare you!"
Greedy regarding refusing to pay $3500 for a 530 mile move, oh yes I am greedy in that regard.

/ Shipping Tractors #30  
I own a truck and 20' car hauler that will work well. I received a "warning" concerning the car hauler brake lights being in the wrong location when driving through Tennessee, but the new lights only require a day to move, install, and rewire. There are others in competition with this driver but many companies are taking advantage of the situation.
If I had that, I'd just haul it myself. I don't understand the Tn brake light warning.
I picked up a drag car years ago 700m each way with a large flatbed. People were saying I needed a CDL license, etc so I called state police. They asked if it was a rental. Yes. Can I drive it. Yes...then do it They said.
It was way overkill using that great big truck but worked out fine.