VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle.

/ VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #161  
Not that they work very well even now, but yeah that's something that would have hard to imagine not all that many years ago. Personally, I find them kind of creepy and don't think I'd ever trust one, but maybe someday they'll be mainstream.

I have a hard time wrapping my head around that. I'll admit that I don't "get" California attitudes, and you certainly don't paint a very inviting picture of life there.
Maybe it comes with having experienced better.

Hard to miss what you don’t know or have memory.

I don’t think it’s just me as for the first time California has lost a congressional seat.

The exodus of capital and large corp headquarters continues and often those leaving trace their very founding in California.

Maybe it’s my own congressional representative Barbara Lee proposing federal minimum wage of $50 is just one more crazy idea from California?

/ VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #162  
Calif; it's got to truly break before people try to fix it out there. It's working on fundamentaly breaking out there, but it still has to get worse, before it gets better.

Edit: or maybe it will be like Detroit, and they break the system so bad, people who can, just flee, and it leaves just the worst stuck there?

/ VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #163  
When you hit bottom the only movement is up.

I can’t predict if or when so this is a problem.

Going back to fundamentals I have a job, a home and good neighbors from every walk covering all spectrums.

That said, I just can’t fathom government offices still under Covid Protocols and never ending stream of mandates and prohibitions to fundamentally change every aspect of life.

But then I look elsewhere and see it’s very much the same in Seattle, Portland, Denver, Atlanta, New York, Minneapolis, etc…

Maybe California is nothing more than a glimpse into our future?

Last edited:
   / VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #164  
Anyone here concerned about California, and its influence on your own elected leaders, needs to read this Newrepublic article.

... Interesting. Since there's a politician's name in the article title, we can't link it from here. Name is replaced by ***** when I post. But the link below to the survey that was summarized in the article, is valid.

Some excerpts:
A national survey found 63 percent of respondents disputing that California is “a good place to raise a family” and 59 percent disputing that California possesses a “strong economy,” which is factually incorrect. California has the highest gross domestic product of any state; if it were a country, it would have the fifth-highest GDP in the world, after the United States, China, Japan, and Germany. Meanwhile, 29 percent of respondents agreed that California is “not really American,”...

Where do these bad vibes come from? Partisanship. “If you are a more conservative American,” the poll’s supervisor said, “you basically do not like California.” Fully 76 percent of conservatives polled disputed that California is “a good place to raise a family.” Seventy-one percent disputed that it has a “strong economy.” And nearly half agreed that California is “not really American.

California has the best public university system in the United States, with Berkeley and UCLA ranked first and second by U.S. News & World Report. But 77 percent of conservatives disputed that California’s public universities are better than those in most other states. California has some of the country’s most exquisite natural sites, including Yosemite, the sixth-most-visited national park in the country. But 74 percent of conservatives disputed that California possessed a better natural environment than most states, and 57 percent judged it the same or worse.

Some people hate California for three simple reasons: It has 54 electoral votes (14 more than its nearest rival, Texas); it awards those electoral votes on a winner-take-all basis (like every other state save Maine and Nebraska)

This new round of California bashing is much more partisan and idiotic and mean. In answer, all I can say is that more people choose to live there than in any other state. I can’t think of a more straightforward definition of popularity.

Last edited:
   / VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #165  
Anyone here concerned about California, and its influence on your own elected leaders, needs to read this Newrepublic article.

... Interesting. Since there's a politician's name in the article title, we can't link it from here. Name is replaced by ***** when I post. But the link below to the survey that was summarized in the article, is valid.

Some excerpts:
A national survey found 63 percent of respondents disputing that California is “a good place to raise a family” and 59 percent disputing that California possesses a “strong economy,” which is factually incorrect. California has the highest gross domestic product of any state; if it were a country, it would have the fifth-highest GDP in the world, after the United States, China, Japan, and Germany. Meanwhile, 29 percent of respondents agreed that California is “not really American,”...

Where do these bad vibes come from? Partisanship. “If you are a more conservative American,” the poll’s supervisor said, “you basically do not like California.” Fully 76 percent of conservatives polled disputed that California is “a good place to raise a family.” Seventy-one percent disputed that it has a “strong economy.” And nearly half agreed that California is “not really American.

California has the best public university system in the United States, with Berkeley and UCLA ranked first and second by U.S. News & World Report. But 77 percent of conservatives disputed that California’s public universities are better than those in most other states. California has some of the country’s most exquisite natural sites, including Yosemite, the sixth-most-visited national park in the country. But 74 percent of conservatives disputed that California possessed a better natural environment than most states, and 57 percent judged it the same or worse.

Some people hate California for three simple reasons: It has 54 electoral votes (14 more than its nearest rival, Texas); it awards those electoral votes on a winner-take-all basis (like every other state save Maine and Nebraska)

This new round of California bashing is much more partisan and idiotic and mean. In answer, all I can say is that more people choose to live there than in any other state. I can’t think of a more straightforward definition of popularity.
California born and raised 5th SF Bay Area generation.

I can’t help but notices the decline… it can’t be just me noticing?

I’ve been with the Hospital 33 years and we never had the daily trash dumping, the street people spaced out shattering windows or masterbating fully exposed for all to see or the shops continuing to shutter.

I’ve been to court too many times with the violence I’ve witnessed from armed car jackings to having to patch the holes in a bullet riddled apartment.

California is a large state about the size of Japan blessed with ports and resources which factors.

/ VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #166  
when you just use a tractor to get the mail and take the trash cans to the street
I suppose some people do that. Most of us thought, use them for a lot of tasks. My first tractor, an old L275 Kubota dragged out over 200 cords of wood in the time that I had it. Also plowed my driveway in winter and kept my 2 acre field mowed.

/ VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #167  
I suppose some people do that. Most of us thought, use them for a lot of tasks. My first tractor, an old L275 Kubota dragged out over 200 cords of wood in the time that I had it. Also plowed my driveway in winter and kept my 2 acre field mowed.
And the street jeeps probably pick up potting soil and flowers at HD/Lowes, and whatever. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of calling out asphalt princesses, on this site.

/ VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #168  

Some excerpts:

From your own article….

Total people who would consider moving to California….
That’s pretty telling numbers there.
Even of just democrats..only 32% of them would even consider it…just consider it, not actually commit to doing it. Talk about dismal numbers. that really says something.

1708780603179.png

Last edited:
   / VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #169  
It's no secret... leaving California is a cottage industry...

What has changed is instead of leaving urban for the foothills of California it's now escaping California and California taxes.

VW, Toyota, Kubota all had Corp headquarters in CA as did thousands of other companies from Chevron to Tesla to Bank of America...

/ VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #170  
Taxes, 1,000 new laws each year, massive progressive ideologies….

1708784696127.jpeg