VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle.

/ VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #171  
From your own article….

Total people who would consider moving to California….
That’s pretty telling numbers there.
Even of just democrats..only 32% of them would even consider it…just consider it, not actually commit to doing it. Talk about dismal numbers. that really says something.

View attachment 854017

All I can say is OUCH.
I don’t care how good Californias Universities are.
That’s just a beat down right there. lol

People not exactly dying to get into PA, either. But we don’t have the natural beauty & resources of CA.

Last edited:
   / VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #172  
California born and raised 5th SF Bay Area generation.

I can’t help but notices the decline… it can’t be just me noticing?

I’ve been with the Hospital 33 years and we never had the daily trash dumping, the street people spaced out shattering windows or masterbating fully exposed for all to see or the shops continuing to shutter.

I’ve been to court too many times with the violence I’ve witnessed from armed car jackings to having to patch the holes in a bullet riddled apartment.

California is a large state about the size of Japan blessed with ports and resources which factors.

It’s unusually irresponsible and kind of shocking of the leadership of CA to be able to screw up such a naturally blessed state.

Really a bunch of dumb a$$e$ that need to be replaced by more emotionally stable leaders with common sense.

It’s not just CA. New York State & Mass has it, too. I think they’re talking about dumping acid in the ocean off the coast to make less CO2 or something completely insane like that. :ROFLMAO:

Colorado “leadership” just voted to give probation to adults who rape 1-5 year old toddlers.

‘nuff said right there….. :oops:

/ VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #173  
Some people hate California for three simple reasons: It has 54 electoral votes (14 more than its nearest rival, Texas); it awards those electoral votes on a winner-take-all basis (like every other state save Maine and Nebraska)

This new round of California bashing is much more partisan and idiotic and mean. In answer, all I can say is that more people choose to live there than in any other state. I can’t think of a more straightforward definition of popularity.
What's the third reason? You only listed 2, neither of which is any rationale I'd use to "hate" any state or region. Electoral votes is probably furthest from most peoples' minds.
At least from an east coast perspective, California has always been a state where all the weirdos went when they got out of school. "The land of fruits and nuts" as many referred to it, even when I was a kid.

As far as being "more partisan, idiotic and mean", well, welcome to the 21st century. It seems that most anything political or cultural has become blood sport in recent years, whether California-related or not. I'm sure a lot of it is just stereotypes like New Englanders being rude and unfriendly or southerners being toothless bubbas married to their cousin, but when you see some of the recent laws passed by your state's legislature (who were presumably elected by people who share these views) you have to wonder if Californians have really lost their minds.

Again, this is all from a lifetime east-coaster who's visited California a few times (on business trips mostly), but never lived there. I'm sure it's different up close, Ultrarunner's observations notwithstanding.

/ VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #174  
Ultrarunner’s opinions seem very grounded in actual events and observations. I respect what he says both good and bad about CA.
My state is kind of in the middle. The cities ruin the state, which is nothing unusual, but in CA, it seems like the elected leadership ruins what is otherwise a beautiful almost paradise-like state.

I really like the idea of EV’s like a Scout or Tesla as long as they are as USA-made as possible, and not forced on us.
Let the EV sell itself over an ICE vehicle

Last edited:
   / VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #175  
emotionally stable leaders with common sense.

Colorado “leadership” just voted to give

Don’t forget…. They are not leaders. They are rulers

/ VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #176  
Gosh, I though a tractor forum was for tractor owners. Because I have a tractor, but am not a farmer, that makes me less than someone who farms with a tractor? Sometimes I use all day, other times, not for a week. I have a 4x4 pickup, I don't go "wheeling", use as a daily driver, only use the bed when needed, which can be 5 days this week, nothing for 3 weeks. Does that make me a mall crawler?
Not sure where someone on here gets their logic... but get over yourself. Maybe start a "real farmers" forum, and restrict membership to vetted farmers.

And thanks to the many on here who provide valuable knowledge and insight, regardless of who is asking.

/ VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #177  
"TBN doesn't need to be limited to only commercial-scale tractor owners!"

Not saying that, it was a comment about people downing the street jeeps, and grocery getter off road suvs. Basically implying people shouldn't have a 4x4 off road vehicle, if they're just pavement queens; and I was saying 95% of the people on here are about the same, just on the tractor side. IE, don't complain about street jeeps; when you just use a tractor to get the mail and take the trash cans to the street.

I do actually use the machinery I have for its’ intended purpose, but if you have the scratch and want a bunch of industrial/AG/Commercial equipment for kicks, it’s your money.

I mean I have a friend who just dropped 800K on a new boat that mostly sits in the slip. He goes down to his boat and listens to soft rock and just enjoys it. One of the nicest, smartest people I know. He’s not real capable with it on the water, but its HIS money.

/ VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #178  
That's kinda the point I was trying to make. If you have the money and want too, nothing wrong with driving a 90k off road package vehicle as a daily, or a 130k F450, or using a 50k tractor to mow the yard. Heck, a fully loaded SxS can get close to 40k, by the time you add cab, AC, power windows, ect. No need to beat on Scout buyers being pavement queens. Heck, wasnt Landrover started as an off road vehicle? For being a 100k luxury vehicle, I doubt most go off road. It's your money, spend it however you want.

I would Guess a loaded EV Scout would be pushing close to 100k, but so is a grand wagoneer.
wagoner. At he same time, if you want to take your Corvette to the mud bog, that's cool too.

/ VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #179  
I do wonder if in the US, we will see any trickle down from that new Thai Toyota, for 12k? I know it's not going to be offered in US, but maybe they can make a $16-20k version that has the US mandated crap, like air bags, catalytic converters, power steering/brakes. I just question if Toyota (or any others) would actually want to bring them here, and hurt their higher profit sales.

Maybe once the world gets over itself; we can get a Lada Niva over here, with its starting price of $10.2k.

/ VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #180  
For the record, on the super cheap, brand new vehicle front; like a Niva or whatever the new Toyota is calling the truck; the market in US might not be Huge, but I would cosign one for son, as a small, cheap, reliable, transport vehicle. Would I buy one for an only vehicle? Nope, I have come to like automatic trans, power windows, AC, and back up camera; but for a youth-starter vehicle, where your making $250/month payments, for 36 months, heck yeah.