VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle.

/ VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #181  
I was never a fan of all the "extras" in cars. Don't need much, but over the last decade or more, you are being forced to buy more than you want, if you buy new. Never needed/wanted heated seats, but it came as a package with something I really wanted. They are nice, but don't really need. While not a Toyota fan, maybe if they get the ball rolling, the big 3 will respond in kind...

/ VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #182  
I was never a fan of all the "extras" in cars. Don't need much, but over the last decade or more, you are being forced to buy more than you want, if you buy new. Never needed/wanted heated seats, but it came as a package with something I really wanted. They are nice, but don't really need. While not a Toyota fan, maybe if they get the ball rolling, the big 3 will respond in kind...
So, my 2019 Ram 1500 classic; I like the power windows, and the push button 4wd, back up camera, remote start, and proximity sensors. Would frankly prefer manual seats, and don't have much else that I use. I dont Bluetooth my phone to car in personal vehicle.

Oh, I want and use cruise control; but I have no desire for lane maintain, or adaptive cruise.

No desire for heated or cooled seats.

Any vehicle I buy for my self; I pretty much will have cruise, power windows. rear camera, of coarse AC, and frankly. I like having the 120v outlet , and tire pressure monitoring

/ VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #183  
^^^^
I don't believe that you can get a new vehicle w/o backup camera or TPS; they seem to be a safety mandate.
I use the Bluetooth a lot; decent radio service up here is dicey, so I stream the radio through my truck speakers.

For the record, on the super cheap, brand new vehicle front; like a Niva or whatever the new Toyota is calling the truck; the market in US might not be Huge, but I would cosign one for son, as a small, cheap, reliable, transport vehicle. Would I buy one for an only vehicle? Nope, I have come to like automatic trans, power windows, AC, and back up camera; but for a youth-starter vehicle, where your making $250/month payments, for 36 months, heck yeah.
I realize that it isn't quite the same but the base model Ford Maverick @ $20K met most of your criteria. They also were very popular and the base model sold out within weeks of the start of every model year. Rather than increasing production, Ford jacked the base price up 33%.
For me that changed it from an appealing second vehicle to just another car.

/ VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #184  
The Ford Maverick is an interesting vehicle. It's a front wheel drive, unibody, basically a car with truck body placed on it. (I think, maybe I'm think of the Honda Ridgeline?)

I did hear for work, they are going to the Mavericks for fleet vehicles, over the existing mixed fleet of F150s and Explorers.

At 20k I think it's far more compleing than at 30k. At 30K you can start looking at low milage, better trimmed, 1 or 2 year old fleet turn in, used 1500/150s.

/ VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #185  
The Maverick also available in AWD. Not sure what body is based off of, Ridgeline based off of Pilot.

/ VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #186  
At 20k I think it's far more compleing than at 30k. At 30K you can start looking at low milage, better trimmed, 1 or 2 year old fleet turn in, used 1500/150s.
I feel the same way. It will be interesting to see if sales drop off as prices increase. Price is a big consideration to me.

/ VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #187  
So, my 2019 Ram 1500 classic; I like the power windows, and the push button 4wd, back up camera, remote start, and proximity sensors. Would frankly prefer manual seats, and don't have much else that I use. I dont Bluetooth my phone to car in personal vehicle.

Oh, I want and use cruise control; but I have no desire for lane maintain, or adaptive cruise.

No desire for heated or cooled seats.

Any vehicle I buy for my self; I pretty much will have cruise, power windows. rear camera, of coarse AC, and frankly. I like having the 120v outlet , and tire pressure monitoring
My wife’s car has adaptive cruise.
I think that’s the best thing since sliced bread

/ VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #189  
I still remember tooling around in my buddy’s scout. Bouncy ride. Had an AMC straight 6 engine
My uncle had a Scout. One day we were coming out of the hay field, sitting on bales which wouldn't fit on the trailer.
He was talking about all of the things he'd found in the bales... when he said "snakes," we all jumped up. :D

/ VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #190  
I still remember tooling around in my buddy’s scout. Bouncy ride. Had an AMC straight 6 engine
"Bouncy ride" would have been an understatement in the IH pickup I had back in the 70s. Mine had a V8, 304 I think.