Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions

/ Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions #21  
The modification to air suspension seat costs me nothing except time and a few modifications to the brackets. Used the air suspension base from the Kubota tractor and reused the original ZT seat

/ Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions #22  
Do you know anybody who bought a Kubota OEM seat since you mentioned it?
Candidly no but I priced them at the dealer I work at part time and they ain't cheap. I replaced the sweaty vinyl one on my open station M9 with a Cordura seat with armrests and lumbar from Rural King and an adjustable swivel base from Michigan seat for under 400 bucks.

When I get my F20 next month I'll probably go the same route minus the swivel.

/ Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions #23  
Decision has been made... going with the newer one.... 2021 model with 95 hours. Driving down to get it on Monday... 6 hour drive one-way. I may go another hour out of the way to visit the Johnson Space Center in Houston, I've never been there.
Well did you go rescue it ?

/ Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions
Well did you go rescue it ?
Just got home about 4 hours ago, it has been rescued!!

I bought a Kubota OEM seat that came with a mower attached!!

2021 with 95 hours on it, not too bad at all. Me and my 10 year old boy made the trip to get it, 832 miles round trip!!! We had fun together, he got to get away from his 4 sisters so he wasn't complaining at all. We drove 5 hours or so yesterday then stayed in a hotel with an indoor pool. Woke up at 0630, had breakfast at the hotel, and hit the road. It was a good trip... we successfully made it through Ft Worth, Texas, twice. It's wild how normal interstate traffic suddenly turns into 6 lanes of chaos when you hit a big city like that. I just tuck in behind a semi truck and try to stay in the same lane as much as possible.

I plan on making a new thread and some videos for my youtube channel on the new ZD. I'm going to design and build a seat isolator base for it, that'll be a fun project, aka a reason to play with the cnc plasma. :)

Attachments

• 20240227_190048.jpg
    20240227_190048.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 43
   / Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions #26  
Congrats on the purchase, it should do well for you. I use my ZD1211 for the nice mowed look around the house and outbuildings. For the rougher stuff under the trees I picked up a F2560 72" front mount for $5,000. It rides better over the rough terrain with the longer length and is fun to drive with a knob on the steering wheel.

/ Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions
Congrats on the purchase, it should do well for you. I use my ZD1211 for the nice mowed look around the house and outbuildings. For the rougher stuff under the trees I picked up a F2560 72" front mount for $5,000. It rides better over the rough terrain with the longer length and is fun to drive with a knob on the steering wheel.
Very cool, we have a lot in common when it come to mowers lol

I bought a F2880 72" for $5,000 last spring. Had 2,194 hours on it but was taken care of. I plan on using the team of mowers the similar to you. The F will take care if the big open areas and the pond dam, the ZD will take care of everything around the house, shop, garden, various kid related obstacles (sand pile, trampolines, playhouse, swing set).

The ZD will also take care of the 900' of fenceline along the road, the 72" is too wide for the ditch, a 60" is just about right.

/ Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions #28  
My dealer is going through the used F series I'm buying from him. It was owned by the local county fair board and he sold it to them new and just replaced it with a new one. As I know zip about hydrostats or little Kubota diesel engines I requested them to go through it and make sure everything was 'up to snuff' including new blades and fluid changes as well as new filters. It's a 2wd model, not a 4wd model but it's flat here so I don't see the need for a rear wheel assist unit anyway and my wife has her own zero turn mower and it has a steering wheel instead of 'oars' so I'm hoping she will use the F model as well. Guy down the road has a Grasshopper but it's gas, not diesel and while I like his, I want a diesel anyway, both for the longevity standpoint and the fuel usage standpoint. The big V twin gas motors are all gas guzzlers.

Both my tractors have 'knobs' on the steering wheels and I'll be adding one to the F model as well. Even my pickup truck has it's own 'knob' on the steering wheel. Time for a trip to the truckstop in search of another 'knob' where the gal on the knob drops her top when you use it....:D

/ Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions #29  
My 331 is starting to look pretty old and may need some repairs. Thinking of selling and buying ZD-1211 now before mowing hits.

What is a ZD-1211L-3-72 ? I see this one on Kubotas site for $20,999 and then I saw a different version for $19,999?

/ Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions #30  
My 331 is starting to look pretty old and may need some repairs. Thinking of selling and buying ZD-1211 now before mowing hits.

What is a ZD-1211L-3-72 ? I see this one on Kubotas site for $20,999 and then I saw a different version for $19,999?
You sure the 19k model is not the 60 inch deck?