How Cold Was It Last Night?

/ How Cold Was It Last Night? #41  
42F seems to be the standard here for the last 2 days and nights, 42 when I get up, 42 when I go to bed. I had the FEL bucket curled all the way up holding a landscape rake up that I was working on yesterday when it started to sleet with some mixed rain. This morning it had about a foot of water in the bottom, of course that was a small area compared to the top opening. I guesstimate that we got at least another 1/2" to add to the 1/2" that we got the day before.

/ How Cold Was It Last Night? #42  
Now I am wondering where you are? What river and bay?

The timber company is going to have all of our views clearcut pretty soon. I have been here 40 years, and that's all the longer they let trees live around here now. They (the same timber companies) are also allowing fracking under us. Enjoy it while you can, I guess.

Willapa River and Willapa Bay. Lots of logging in our neck of the woods as well......after all....this is timber country....lots of tree farming. Came from So. Calif. a few years back.....don't miss the crowds or hectic pace. I enjoy everyday.....went 4 wheeling today.....will kayak North River tomorrow weather permitting. Life is good! Where are you?:thumbsup:

/ How Cold Was It Last Night? #43  
I'm in the Willapa Hills at about 300 ft. elevation on the south side about 30 miles up the Columbia.

/ How Cold Was It Last Night? #44  
I'm in the Willapa Hills at about 300 ft. elevation on the south side about 30 miles up the Columbia.

Howdy neighbor........you're probably about 50-60 miles away from us by highway......20-30 miles away by logging roads......about 15 miles as the crow flies. Small world!:drink:

/ How Cold Was It Last Night? #45  
I started hangin' about on the Long Beach Peninsula about 45 years back. I done picked some bushels of oysters back then. Worst job I ever had. It was physical torture for me. Never did have a good back, but that wasn't any way to find that out. I also raked little neck clams on Long Island. That might have been one of the best jobs I ever had. I love the Willapa Bay. The Peninsula got too crowded, so I went into the brush.

Last edited:
   / How Cold Was It Last Night? #46  
Bottom line... I'm ready for Spring!

Sent from my Motorola Smartphone w/ TractorByNet for Android