Ford 1700 & 1710 tractor parts

/ Ford 1700 & 1710 tractor parts #31  
oh yea, Sometimes makes me wonder if this ids going to be the downfall of the auto and tractor companies in this country.Id like to be able to but 'normal' parts from the dealer but I just simply cant afford them. Have to take what I can and adapt it to work.

/ Ford 1700 & 1710 tractor parts #32  
I was telling my wife about this, and she mentioned the satellite remotes.
I had Dish Network and the addition or replacement remotes would cost close to 80 dollars.(Ive been a customer for 12 years).
My son found some brand new on ebay for one doll and 495 shipping. we ordered three. and they were as good as new. Don't know how someone can sell them so cheap. But considering I was paying for a DVR you'd think the dish network could have bent a bit more.
Now have cable and no trouble getting things fixed.
But the point here is customer service. and I assume with overhead they feel they have to high price things to survive. Must be enough people who buy the original replacement parts Just depends on what you need. seems a seat unless you lived on it will be plenty fine for a secondary source.

/ Ford 1700 & 1710 tractor parts #33  
In the old days cutting the center out of a rim and replacing it was a common farm job.. glad to see some people are still doing it.

soundguy

/ Ford 1700 & 1710 tractor parts #34  
I love my tractor but I have to be honest though and share your concern. I just had the steering system break (sheared the pinion at the gearbox) and it seems that not only is New Holland being ridiculous... [I have only spoken to one used supplier so far] but Used is also responding in its kind - hello it is a used part with only the good Lord knows how many hours on it. Had a similar experience with a 69 Case part but not this extreme. [of course I would appreciate any leads on the part]

/ Ford 1700 & 1710 tractor parts #35  
alot of that is supply and demand and original amount produced.

a tractor with a limited production run is going to have expensive and hard to find parts.. used market will be the same.

take a machine with a long production run and parts are cheaper.

look at the ford N.. you can hit farm stores and buy starters, carbs, water pumps and manifolds ON THE shelf for under 100$ each.. helps when you have near a million units made that share alot of common parts..

soundguy

/ Ford 1700 & 1710 tractor parts #36  
Having a hard time just finding a thermostat housing for a 1710. Any help would be thankful

/ Ford 1700 & 1710 tractor parts #37  
Follow the upper radiator hose toward the engine and where it connect to the block you'll find the T-stat housing.

JC,

Having a hard time just finding a thermostat housing for a 1710. Any help would be thankful

Last edited:
   / Ford 1700 & 1710 tractor parts #38  
JC, I think he is looking for a replacement housing for one that is cracked/broken.
Best look at a salvage yard.

/ Ford 1700 & 1710 tractor parts #39  
   / Ford 1700 & 1710 tractor parts #40  
Messicks shows it is available in 3-5 days for $22.59. Why would you even look for a used one.
Bill