Ford 1700 & 1710 tractor parts

/ Ford 1700 & 1710 tractor parts #41  
Hi. Trying to find replacement thermostat and possibly radiator cap for a 1700. Does anybody know of generic replacement that will work?

Also, temp guage never moves off H, thinking it is an electric problem. Thoughts?

Thanks

/ Ford 1700 & 1710 tractor parts #42  
dealer site lists the thermostat and cap..

/ Ford 1700 & 1710 tractor parts #43  
you need a 7 psi cap . I bough one from dealer about $10 or so. With the engine off gauge will read hi (it's normal position, it is different from a lot of newer tractors). if you short out the sender unit lead to ground with ignition on (engine turned Off) then the needle will go to cold and if you start the engine as it warms the needle climbs higher respective to how hot the engine gets. you have a open (opposite to short) in your sending unit wire to the gauge. Sending unit is on top of the engine block toward the front and on the left side from driver seat.

JC,

/ Ford 1700 & 1710 tractor parts #44  
I found a Stant cap from Walmart that fit my 1710; but I think mine takes a 13lb.

/ Ford 1700 & 1710 tractor parts #45  
My father used to put a heat lamp up close to the block and cover the eng. with feed sacks many years ago when we had a cold day or two.
Gary