Is this a TBN record?

/ Is this a TBN record? #21  
LBrown59 said:
That must be why i've never been stuck in the last eight years .

Uh oh, you just jinxed yourself!

/ Is this a TBN record? #22  
It has been a long time since I was stuck, may happen tomorrow though.:(
My past experience is dozers are easy to stick but harder to get out. I make an effort to leave wet areas alone, you can do more damage than you can do good.

/ Is this a TBN record? #23  
Probably doesn't count but I brought my new-to-me tractor home on a trailer, started it up, put down the ramps and just then the fuel shutoff solenoid fried and the tractor quit running. Stuck on the trailer, not startable. I put the ramps back up and hauled it to the dealer.

/ Is this a TBN record? #24  
Mousefield said:
Took me over 2 years before I got stuck in a dry place :rolleyes: :( :eek:
Had gone over the area several times getting it level for our new chicken coop. All of a sudden I had a sinking feeling. Good thing I had the backhoe on as I could lift the tractor enough to get boards under the tires. :)
Lucky you had a neighbor nearby that got you out with his JD :thumbsup:

Hold on! Mousefield...that's your chicken coop in that last pic? Dang! I don't think you can legally call that a coop

/ Is this a TBN record? #25  
Just got my two sunk tractors out this afternoon; both in mud up to the floor mats and leaning like the tower of Piza. 'Thought my new cabbed one, with only 20 hours on it was going to be laying sideways in a 10' row between two sets of trellis wires and steel posts.

I was out spraying herbicide between showers last week and started slipping. Having sunk tractors before, I shut it down when I realized it wasn't going to do anything more than spin in deeper. Got my other tractor out and was using it to pull the sprayer away from the 3-pt, and it started spinning in. The older one doesn't have a FEL, I didn't have my bucket on the newer one. Several inches of rain followed and both slowly sank. Dug trenches to drain the swamp, slowly dug the muck out from under them, used a heavy pallet on some wooden posts as a base to push up my front wheels using my bucketless FEL, dug wheel paths (deeper ones on the high side so I could unlean the tractor), lined them with firewood, drove the new one out and used it to chain onto & pull the other one out.

Tomorrow I'll figure out how to get the sprayer out, and then start all over again next week, between the forecasted, seemingly never ending Oregon winter this year. Probably will get stuck again, just part of the job in these parts...

/ Is this a TBN record?
You were not stuck ... no mud on the bucket !!! Did you try and use the curl feature to push yourself back?

I did try to use the bucket to lift the tractor out. There was slight progress but lifting up the front end made the bushhog go deeper. I took the shovel out to dig the muck out around the attachment. It was like a suction cup back there! In the end, I relied on the kindness of a neighbor.

It makes me feel better that a bunch of you have had similar experiences. Thanks for sharing.

/ Is this a TBN record? #27  
Hold on! Mousefield...that's your chicken coop in that last pic? Dang! I don't think you can legally call that a coop

That's kinda what I was thinking. I can only count 4 chickens in the photo so does each one get 50sqft? More like chicken condos.:laughing:

/ Is this a TBN record? #28  
dont feel bad every1 will stick a tractor that bad sooner or later.the winter of 2008 an 2009 we stuck our 85hp 2wd drive tractor bad 3 or 4 times.an by bad i mean winch truck bad,so we called our friends with 90hp to 115hp 4x4 tractors an they pulled us out.an then i went an bought the 52hp 4x4 tractor an parked the 2wd drive tractor.

/ Is this a TBN record? #30  
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4uvmW0AqqY&feature=player_embedded]Russian tractor broken in half :)))) - YouTube[/ame]

This is not what to do when getting unstuck:laughing::laughing: