First Job For New SCUT!

/ First Job For New SCUT!
Very nice, now you'll be wondering how you lived without the tractor.
Make sure you save work for another day:D

That thought already crossed my mind.....

As for working another day, I've already told my wife there's (unfortunately ;) )plenty more to do!

/ First Job For New SCUT!
Your post reminds me of how much fun I had with my first tractor when I first got it. Wish I still got that excited about mowing now.
That's a nice machine and I'll bet you paid a bundle for it, you may not believe this now but soon your going to want a bigger one.
Have fun and be careful
RB

Not a bigger one, but, maybe.....another one ;)

Seriously, I can't imagine needing a bigger machine. This thing has done everything I've asked of it in a little over ten hours use. This winter, I've got another couple of acres of bottomland down the hill behind my house that needs to be cleaned up. All told, maybe have 3 1/2 acres to rotary cut. If I had lots of open space to mow, I'd probably want a bigger machine cut a wider swath on each pass (and I have a riding mower that I use on about 1 1/2 acres of yard...yard stays...not wet, but is moist in a couple spots from seapage from underground, and lighter weight mower with turfs seems better for this). Rest of property is wooded.

I'm also going to clean up some paths through the woods the former owner let go, and the smaller machine seems better suited for the job.

Of course, after this one's paid off...... :)

/ First Job For New SCUT! #26  
They sure are amazing machines and can do way more than people think when they look at the size. If you've read here, I'm sure you're aware that there is something you should be aware of on the BX when working in the rough stuff and that is the little plastic fan that cools the hydrostat. Several people, including myself, have broke the blades off this little jewel. After I had to replace mine, I came up with this solution Picasa Web Albums - Hurschel - SkidPlateDim-... and haven't had that problem since. You can fab one up in a lot less time than it takes to change the fan and it's easy on and off when I need the MMM. You'll have many hours of happy tractoring with that machine.

Edit: Here's another link that I found that might be clearer what I'm talking about.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/40142-soft-underbelly.html

/ First Job For New SCUT! #27  
Good Mornin LostintheWoods,
Wow very impressive amount of work you did with that little 2660 ! I would say thats a darn good advertisement for that machine ! :) And nice pics also, good luck with the new tractor ! ;)

/ First Job For New SCUT! #28  
Thanks LostInTheWoods and to everyone else who has served in the armed forces. It is a piece of mind to be on the tractor in WV and being out of Jersey. Hopefully the wife and I will get started on building a home in WV this year. Again, it's amazing what some tractor time can do to change the looks of the property.

/ First Job For New SCUT! #29  
Thanks LostInTheWoods and to everyone else who has served in the armed forces. It is a piece of mind to be on the tractor in WV and

* being out of Jersey.

Hopefully the wife and I will get started on building a home in WV this year. Again, it's amazing what some tractor time can do to change the looks of the property.
* sounds like a worthy goal.
Where abouts in W.Va?

I live on one side of the river that seperates OH. and W.Va.

Anyone know the name of the river?