Looking for a good 9mm

/ Looking for a good 9mm #41  
They asked about 9mm, the reason for all the chatter. I also carried a 9 mm Markarov.l

yes I read back the OP's inquiry, I suppose i was reading more into his statement about him teaching his daughter to shoot more so than his actual inquiry about the best 9mm to have,:cool: sorry!

/ Looking for a good 9mm #42  
Glock 19 Gen4 - I don't have one but many of my law enforcement friends say it is the best.
I only have 45's. Why a 45? Because they don't make a 46. :D

/ Looking for a good 9mm #43  
Glock 19 Gen4 - I don't have one but many of my law enforcement friends say it is the best.

Only thing I've ever heard "bad" about the new generation 19's (and 17's) is the new magazines aren't compatable with the earlier guns.
Like I wrote...heard it and read it on a firearms forum...no idea if it's accurate.

/ Looking for a good 9mm #44  
only have 45's. Why a 45? Because they don't make a 46.

they do make a .50, thats a whole lot of gun to shoot. My friend has the .50 desert eagle, and what a gun.

/ Looking for a good 9mm #45  
only have 45's. Why a 45? Because they don't make a 46.

they do make a .50, thats a whole lot of gun to shoot. My friend has the .50 desert eagle, and what a gun.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...but the man is asking about 9mm guns...

/ Looking for a good 9mm #46  
I never shot a compensated pistol, but would think the discharge of flame/vapor out the top might be a huge distraction to the less experienced shooter.

A personal defensive weapon is gonna be used at very close distances so I don't think the compensator model would be necessary.
For OP, I would stick with the mid size Glock, what else comes close for size and weight vs capacity?

I don't own a Glock 9 but have a couple 40's. If I knew for sure I would be in a fire fight I would want a high capacity Glock. Proven reliability + plus highest capacity = best chance at survival. Disregarding shooters marksmanship abilities, probably why the vast majority of LE agencies choose them.

JB.

/ Looking for a good 9mm #47  
I never shot a compensated pistol, but would think the discharge of flame/vapor out the top might be a huge distraction to the less experienced shooter.

A personal defensive weapon is gonna be used at very close distances so I don't think the compensator model would be necessary.
For OP, I would stick with the mid size Glock, what else comes close for size and weight vs capacity?

I don't own a Glock 9 but have a couple 40's. If I knew for sure I would be in a fire fight I would want a high capacity Glock. Proven reliability + plus highest capacity = best chance at survival. Disregarding shooters marksmanship abilities, probably why the vast majority of LE agencies choose them.

JB.

That flash and vapor isn't too bad with a 9mm, but it is something to consider (especially if you're out at night). Although my Glock 19 is compensated, I don't think compensation is required...just got a real nice deal on the gun. One of these days, I'll replace the barrel with a non-comp'd one.
Before the S&W .40 cartridge was developed, there wasn't any (to my knowledge) +P 9mm ammo available and 9mm got an undeserved reputation as being weak. Now, there's some very hot 9mm ammo available. If that ammo had been around in the early 1990's, there probably wouldn't be a .40 caliber round developed. Not to put down the .40 round...thought about buying a Glock 22. I just didn't want to add another caliber to my collection.

/ Looking for a good 9mm #48  
I know it's not 9mm, but I just picked up a S&W Bodyguard 380 and it's a real sweetheart. It fits right in the pocket, holds 6+1, has a factory installed laser, sports a thumb safety, and is darn accurate especially considering its small size. I've run a couple hundred rounds through it with no malfunctions whatsoever. My friend bought one also and his experience is the same. I think my NAA Guardian 380 will spend a lot of time in the safe.

/ Looking for a good 9mm #49  
I chose the Walther PPS for my carry. It has many of the design features of the Glock. The main thing I like is that it is noticably thinner than a Glock. It also has a built in rail on the bottom to accept the laser sight. You don't have to use such a large mount. It will fit in a holster with the sight on it.

/ Looking for a good 9mm #50  
I posted a few days ago about giving one of my sons a Kakr cw 9. Great little nine with no malfuntions at all in the reccomended 200 rd. breakin. We really like our Glocks.We have the compact and large frame models in 45,but I have to admit my sons shoot their 9mm Glocks more due to the cheaper ammo available here.And I must repeat... their girlfriends like the 9mm recoil alot better.As the op was asking about 9mm so he could teach his daughter to shoot.Alot of good helpful comments on here... and everyone has been great about not going with the my favorite is the best .:thumbsup: