Looking for a good 9mm

/ Looking for a good 9mm #11  
IMHO, if you can swing it, I'd get 2 pistols. A Glock of your choice in 9mm and either a S&W 617 (.22 cal.) or Ruger Mark II/III (also .22 cal.). The S&W being considered safer as it is a revolver and either .22 cal. will be far cheaper to shoot. Your daughter will become adept far quicker with the rimfire and I expect you'll enjoy the .22 also. The less recoil and noise you can have for a beginning shooter, more attention they can pay to the instructions and primary techniques.

/ Looking for a good 9mm #12  
Also that .22 allows for that practice, practice practice thing! Think about the money, you need to fire thousands or even 10's of thousands of rounds to be a good shooter (at least for most people). The .22 will let you do that level of practice. I have a Glock 19 and Kahr 9MM in both the all steel and polymer framed. All good and there are plenty more good compact pistol's out there. But a good .22 will round out the shooter faster and have lots of fun doing it.!

James K0UA

/ Looking for a good 9mm #13  
Look at a sig 239, my carry is .40. I also have a sig 226 larger and has the .22 attchment. Very nice guns.

/ Looking for a good 9mm #14  
As far as 9mm autos go my friends tell me the Glock "C" models are the way to go. These have ported barrels, are lightweight, and very controllable. Although I have not shot one I am told they are very sweet shooting pistols.
The Glock 19C is a GREAT, light weight, fun shooting handgun! My wife loves shooting it, and she can easily carry it......

/ Looking for a good 9mm
Can I ask what prompted you to choose 9mm? If you plan only to carry on your property, is concealment necessary? The purpose of the weapon? Just asking so I can offer my opinion.

One of the primary reasons was availability/economy of 9mm ammo. I have begun shooting with a couple of buddies at the range and 9mm gives, in my opinion, the best all around value with adequate stopping power (with the right load).

/ Looking for a good 9mm #16  
I carry a Glock 19C...sweet shooting handgun. Very reliable and very easy to take down for cleaning.
Glocks don't have external safeties (which I prefer), but if the OP is a novice, that is something to consider.

/ Looking for a good 9mm #17  
I have a Glock 19, 22, and 26. I carry the model 26 for conceal. It is called the "baby Glock".

/ Looking for a good 9mm #19  
You probably couldn't go wrong with a SigSauer, Glock, or Baretta. Probably personal preference more than anything. I've always preferred revolvers, but the Dallas Police Department now issues Sig P226 and they have quite a list of "acceptable" guns that current and retired officers are permitted to qualify with. I have the Sig P229DAK that I like to shoot for target practice and annual qualifying, but it's a little large for carrying; won't fit in my pocket, so I still carry my S&W Chief .38. But for what you're asking, I think the Sig P239 mentioned above would be a good choice.

/ Looking for a good 9mm #20  
My Pocket 9 is a Keltec, one of the safest to carry on the market..11 rounds, never fails to fire, won't fire if you drop it out of a coat pocket. If I Knew I was going to a gun fight of course I would carry bigger, but a 9 is deadly. You just cannot pick your day to be robbed, so...