Looking for a good 9mm

/ Looking for a good 9mm #21  
FNP9 or HK USP9

HS

/ Looking for a good 9mm #22  
The Glocks are nice if that's the design you like. I have a few. In compact 9mm I also have a Para Ordinance Hawg 9 that is a compact 1911 frame. It's very comfortable and I carry it frequently.

It all depends on your specific needs, habits, and taste.

/ Looking for a good 9mm #23  
I am posting part of an article from another forum that I think everyone wanting to Cary a Concealed Weapon (CCW) needs to think about. I hope the origional author doesn't mind.

Read this before you decide to carry!

CCW is what I perceive to be the most personally responsible decision I have made third only to my wedding vows and active service to this great country. Concealed carry is NOT playing cowboys and indians (pardon my age tell) and I知 afraid that痴 exactly what many are doing today. When we post encounters as entertainment rather than a positive outcome from our correct decisions we only feed to a 泥enny Crain type response.

When you decide to carry a concealed weapon, you have burdened yourself with tremendous responsibilities including, but not limited to, physical fitness, firearm and CQB training, in-depth knowledge and handling skills of your weapon of choice and the moral obligation that the issuing authority extracts from you when you applied for the CCW license.

When your 'go criteria' are met, you MUST draw your concealed carry and if nothing else has changed, itç—´ not time to talk, it's time to defend yourself with your loud finger. If that reaction isn稚 one smooth 僧uscle memory? youæ±*e dead! PLEASE NOTICE: I did not say if you draw you must shoot. Thatç—´ why I included the ?U>CHANGE</U> caveat because if the BG turned and ran I would clear the area and then reholster.

I would also report the incidence to the local police/county sheriff. This gives them a heads-up on the BG in their area and protects me for going non-concealed. Brandishing, here in South Florida, is prosecuted harshly to control the gangsters and road rage.

There is no fun in concealed carry; itç—´ a profession that must be executed by professionals. If you do not embrace this school of thought, you have no business being armed. If you don't embrace this, it is my fear that I or my loved ones could become part of your collateral damage.

I need to emphasize the gravity of this carry decision with these two points;

A. Use your head (your most powerful weapon) and only draw and fire your weapon to save you or someone痴 life. This is the only righteous shooting. Anything else will find you in a cage or a box. Long before you put yourself in the 壮hoot position, you better have completed all the legal requirements that allow you to be there. In addition you must complete the following personal conditions;

1. Training,
  2. Understand and accept the moral obligation that the issuing authority extracts from you when you applied for the CCW license,
  3. Training,
  4. The moral mettle to take a life,
  5. Training,
  6. Know and keep up on the laws covering carry in the location you are armed (political boundaries and building restrictions),
  7. Training,
  8. At a bare minimum have a gun rights lawyerç—´ phone number on your cellç—´ speed dial,
  9. Training,
  10. Retain that lawyer if you can afford it,
  11. and did I mention training?

/ Looking for a good 9mm #24  
I'm in the market for a small or medium framed 9mm for concealed carry. What do you guys recommend..

Not exactly a newbie to guns, qualified on the Beretta M9 in the Air Force, but just an occasional shooter.

Also, my 16 year-old daughter wants to learn to shoot so I don't want anything that is gonna tear her up...

thanks for the advice!

Check these out.

Kimber America | Ultra Carry II Pistols

/ Looking for a good 9mm #26  
Look at a sig 239, my carry is .40. I also have a sig 226 larger and has the .22 attchment. Very nice guns.

+1 on the P239 (mine is in 9mm)..

I have a P229 Classic .22 pistol with a 9mm conversion..

brian

/ Looking for a good 9mm #27  
It seems many here have the idea that the carry permit means, casual use is okay. We had one pull his and wave it over a gasoiine dispenser incident. Too bad everyone was ducking and did not get his plate number..Also waving it at another driver, over road rage or lane infringement. I mainly started carrying for the robberies of fellow friends and Protection of my family and grandchildren.....I Know it has a definite penalty for the use of said weapon, even if i do not discharge it?

/ Looking for a good 9mm #28  
My Pocket 9 is a Keltec, one of the safest to carry on the market..11 rounds, never fails to fire, won't fire if you drop it out of a coat pocket. If I Knew I was going to a gun fight of course I would carry bigger, but a 9 is deadly. You just cannot pick your day to be robbed, so...

I also have the Keltec and it is a good gun. Easy to carry and the kick is not as bad as I read online.

MoKelly

/ Looking for a good 9mm #29  
Keltec trigger pull is not the best, but it is reliable and easily controllable.I shoot all weights of bullets in it. The first out, is a hollowpoint hydrashock...I do have a lot bigger and badder type pistols to use..but most of the time no-one knows I have it...

/ Looking for a good 9mm #30  
M&P 9mm. They have different sized grips to fit a variety of hand sizes.

The trigger pull is the same for each round, it is not a DA/SA pistol.

I have a smaller frame M&P 45 that shoots very well.

Later,
Dan