I Build "UGLY"

/ I Build "UGLY" #31  
Here are a couple more of my "fine" looking projects. keep in mind that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :thumbsup:

why, how do you have so many horse shoes? I never knew one person could have so many. :laughing:

/ I Build "UGLY" #32  
Not everything I build is ugly. But quick & dirty is so much more fun. :laughing:Will show a few things that actually look good and are well finished. The pens show were made with solid 14 KT. gold, 1 was diamond set. Things like these take a lot of time and thinking. No fun in that.

Hey Crash !
Quit hiding it and show us the pen that fires the 22 CAL LR ! ;)

Boone

/ I Build "UGLY"
why, how do you have so many horse shoes? I never knew one person could have so many. :laughing:

Had to chase down a lot of horses and that ain't easy, :laughing: Need some? I got lots of them.:thumbsup:

Under the ramp is a small wood rack.

Attachments

• wall-done-2.jpg
    wall-done-2.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 153
  • wood-rack-e.jpg
    wood-rack-e.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 132
   / I Build "UGLY" #34  
This thread was intended to be fun. And to give those of us that don't build picture perfect a chance to show our projects.

Sure glad to see you folks enjoying it.

Jim,
Just got here and I am still reading the thread. I love this tree you decorated for Christmas.:thumbsup: It reminds me of the cedar limb my Grandpa decorated when he found out we were coming up for Christmas in 1969.:D
hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• 12-30-08 Grandpa Williams 1969 Christmas Tree.jpg
    12-30-08 Grandpa Williams 1969 Christmas Tree.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
   / I Build "UGLY"
Jim,
Just got here and I am still reading the thread. I love this tree you decorated for Christmas.:thumbsup: It reminds me of the cedar limb my Grandpa decorated when he found out we were coming up for Christmas in 1969.:D
hugs, Brandi

Hi Brandi,
Welcome to the thread. Hope you have fun & enjoy it.

Twas not a tree, it were the remains of a very large cholla cactus. You may have noticed the fine Christmas decorations at my disposal. :laughing:

Posting a picture of it without the fine decorations. Still have it, its wired up out by the wood pile where I feed the birds. Other cholla is still by my drive way.

Attachments

• cholla ladder.jpg
    cholla ladder.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 95
  • condo-cholla.jpg
    condo-cholla.jpg
    994.7 KB · Views: 115
   / I Build "UGLY"
Here are some pictures of some more "fine" looking projects. The red forks are little shorties, mostly used for brush loading or small light loads. 2, 1/2" Bolts and they are on. The pickle fork digger that I have show before and it's matching shovel. There are a couple of forged hooks, 1 not quite finished and 1 well used. Hard to see but the hook was stronger than the cable. Look close and you can see the frayed end where it broke.

Next is a fine looking trailer that I moved today. Can't really take credit for building that beauty. At some point in time I will make it look good and throw some paint at it. May even get it a "New used" tire or 2. May replace the wood 2x6 across the back the tail lights are mounted on.

Attachments

• moving trailor.jpg
    moving trailor.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 110
  • trilor 2a.jpg
    trilor 2a.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 83
  • trailer 1a.jpg
    trailer 1a.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 84
  • forgings.jpg
    forgings.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 107
  • moving trailor 2.jpg
    moving trailor 2.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 125
   / I Build "UGLY" #37  
Jim missing your posts.
That trailer looks close to mine. Had a good driving running Datsun pick-up and parked in front of house one night because was going to get up early and didn't want to awake a neighbor next to the garage. About 1am a DUI driver hit it head on putting the engine under the seat. front wheels almost against the rear. of course no insurance and tried to drive away with his car which had no front end either made it about 1/2 block before the city police arrived. He told them I had pulled in front of him causing the damage. Police lady asked which way I was driving. Duh would of been dead if in the vehicle. Took all the front off loaded into the bed and had a welder come to my place and weld a hitch to the frame. drove to junk yard they bought the Radiator tossed the remainder in a pile.
Still using the trailer tough as a boot. can over load and still pulls good.
The DUI driver never spent any time off the road and one day saw him driving by and contacted the judge. He signed over his pick-up to get me to releive him of the judgement.
Turned out the pick-up was a put together from a junkyard and no title either. sold it for $100.00
keep up the good work your showing.
ken

/ I Build "UGLY"
Jim missing your posts.
That trailer looks close to mine. Had a good driving running Datsun pick-up and parked in front of house one night because was going to get up early and didn't want to awake a neighbor next to the garage. About 1am a DUI driver hit it head on putting the engine under the seat. front wheels almost against the rear. of course no insurance and tried to drive away with his car which had no front end either made it about 1/2 block before the city police arrived. He told them I had pulled in front of him causing the damage. Police lady asked which way I was driving. Duh would of been dead if in the vehicle. Took all the front off loaded into the bed and had a welder come to my place and weld a hitch to the frame. drove to junk yard they bought the Radiator tossed the remainder in a pile.
Still using the trailer tough as a boot. can over load and still pulls good.
The DUI driver never spent any time off the road and one day saw him driving by and contacted the judge. He signed over his pick-up to get me to releive him of the judgement.
Turned out the pick-up was a put together from a junkyard and no title either. sold it for $100.00
keep up the good work your showing.
ken

Golly Ken, How much Ugly can one man build?? :laughing: Have to take a little time out for a cold one now and then. :thumbsup::licking:

Here are a few for you. Ugly looking hunk on scrap iron clamps to forks for loading brush. More later if you folks can stand it.

Attachments

• grate 1.jpg
    grate 1.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 119
  • building saw horse.jpg
    building saw horse.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 125
  • bench-1.jpg
    bench-1.jpg
    797.9 KB · Views: 116
  • brush loader.jpg
    brush loader.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 101
   / I Build "UGLY"
Not everything I build is ugly. But quick & dirty is so much more fun. :laughing:Will show a few things that actually look good and are well finished. The pens show were made with solid 14 KT. gold, 1 was diamond set. Things like these take a lot of time and thinking. No fun in that.

Hey Crash !
Quit hiding it and show us the pen that fires the 22 CAL LR ! ;)

Boone

Sorry, but never made a shooting pen. But may put it on list of things to do.:laughing:

I did make a couple of small cannons and yes they do shoot. First one on the right in the picture shoots cigarette filters. 1, 32 Cal, case full of 4FG black powder. Pretty good boom.

Wanted 1 that was louder so #2 was made. About 1/2" bore. 2 Scoops of 4FG and it sounds like a stick of dynamite. Back in town, woke up some folks a long block away. :laughing:

Little on kicks about like a 38, bigger 1 almost like a 45ACP.

Attachments

• -cannons.jpg
    -cannons.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 109
   / I Build "UGLY" #40  
...Here are a few for you. Ugly looking hunk on scrap iron clamps to forks for loading brush. More later if you folks can stand it.

That's a good looking ugly bench. Is that a metal frame around the back of it?