I Build "UGLY"

/ I Build "UGLY"
Never seen a tractor wearing "drag", oh sorry got confused with the San Fransisco thread. My tractor is not Gay - Its just Happy.:thumbsup:

Like that gun too, any history to it , or hunches?

No one fires 2 or 3 shots at a critter and then buries the gun. out in the desert.
The pistol was made in Germany and even had the flat hammer spring as in a Colt single action. The spring was well know for breaking, lots of folks kept a spare. It is one of the main reasons the "dry fire" is a No No. They use to make a dummy cartridge that was spring loaded, in place of a primer.

/ I Build "UGLY" #22  
Most excellent photo's and stuff! I wholeheartedly approve!!!! :thumbsup:

/ I Build "UGLY" #23  
David why did you do that. Maybe for a small fee I can use your copyrighted name. :laughing:

If all else fails, apply the bar rule, drink 'till she' s cute !! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You may have noticed in some of my pictures, there is a grocery bag. Way cheaper than paint. :laughing::thumbsup:

Copyrighted materials fees are DIRT CHEAP. I usually just charge a cup of coffee as a fee if I ever meet you, but with interest till that happens it could add up to almost a pot of coffee. The good thing is that I don't do starbucks, so a pot is still cheap...
David from jax

/ I Build "UGLY"
The roller - is it an old water heater?

Prokop,
Here are a couple of pictures of the ends of the tank.

In the future it will be a Sheep's Foot. Tank is at least 3/16" or more thick. The thin end will be cut off. About 10". It is filled with water and that really runs the weight up.

Have started on a new roller. A lot bigger around and somewhat shorter. Going to put a little sand & gravel in it to keep the rust scoured out. Then filled with water. 1 Picture has the measurements on it. Maybe one of the educated people will figure out how many gallons it will hold.

Attachments

• old roller 1.jpg
    old roller 1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 109
  • old roller 2.jpg
    old roller 2.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 100
  • tank end 1.jpg
    tank end 1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 106
  • tank end 2.jpg
    tank end 2.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 103
  • tank inside.jpg
    tank inside.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 98
   / I Build "UGLY" #25  
I only ever paint for protection of the metal. Although I have noticed that my crappy welds look alot better after a coat of primer and then gloss black paint. I don't have near the portfolio of nicely done projects as you, crash, but I have a lot of sketches of things I want to do. Here's hoping I live long enough to get some of them done.

/ I Build "UGLY"
I only ever paint for protection of the metal. Although I have noticed that my crappy welds look alot better after a coat of primer and then gloss black paint. I don't have near the portfolio of nicely done projects as you, crash, but I have a lot of sketches of things I want to do. Here's hoping I live long enough to get some of them done.

There are times when I just sit around and dream up new "Projects". Got to be comfortable. :thumbsup:

Flat paint hides a lot more sin's than Gloss. Ask an expert at making "Fine Looking" projects. :D:laughing:

Attachments

• stap chair.jpg
    stap chair.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 134
  • hs chair.jpg
    hs chair.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 135
   / I Build "UGLY" #27  
I know. It will be heavy enough to do the job as my dad used to say.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ I Build "UGLY"
Here are a couple more of my "fine" looking projects. keep in mind that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Horse Shoe Rack.jpg
    Horse Shoe Rack.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 715
  • smoking-1.jpg
    smoking-1.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 153
   / I Build "UGLY"
Not everything I build is ugly. But quick & dirty is so much more fun. :laughing:

Will show a few things that actually look good and are well finished. The pens show were made with solid 14 KT. gold, 1 was diamond set. Things like these take a lot of time and thinking. No fun in that.

The oak floor was out of a guys "fire wood" pile. It had sat around on a dirt floor barn for a lot of years. You might say it was somewhat "Dis stressed".

More nice stuff later if you like.

Attachments

• dp-1a.jpg
    dp-1a.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 114
  • gp-2.jpg
    gp-2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 124
  • diamond-pen-3.jpg
    diamond-pen-3.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 133
  • dp-2ag.jpg