07 Toyota Tundra

/ 07 Toyota Tundra
I found this Aluminum Oil Filter Cap - durabilty while searching for a better oil filter housing on this truck. This just might be what I need to do . This would do away with the cheap factory installed plastic oil filter housing on this truck

/ 07 Toyota Tundra #12  
Dropping that skid plate is a royal pain. When I had mine I was thinking hard about making an access hole or some type of door in the skid plate so I wouldn't have to drop it every time.

/ 07 Toyota Tundra #13  
Dropping that skid plate is a royal pain. When I had mine I was thinking hard about making an access hole or some type of door in the skid plate so I wouldn't have to drop it every time.

Now that is worth a second thought.

/ 07 Toyota Tundra #14  
I figure I was not out off roading so I was not concerned with anything damaging the underside of the motor through the hole. Thought of using a hole saw of the proper size you could cut a nice clean hole (or plasma cutter if you have one) and if you want weld some tabs on each side of the knock out, drill a hole in each tab then put matching holes in the skid plate, weld a nut on the backside of the hole in the skid plate and you would have a easily removable "plug" (hope that description makes sense) if you didn't want the hole there all the time.
I ended selling my truck so I never followed through with it but it seemed like a decent idea for the non hardcore off roaders that change their own oil.

/ 07 Toyota Tundra #15  
I found this Aluminum Oil Filter Cap - durabilty while searching for a better oil filter housing on this truck. This just might be what I need to do . This would do away with the cheap factory installed plastic oil filter housing on this truck

The above has some real potential. this is something to look into. What is Toyot athinking on this plastic stuff and extra difficult procedures. Life is too short to do this.

/ 07 Toyota Tundra #16  
I have the 08 and I have read several articles about owners cutting holes in the skid plate. I just took mine off and threw it in the scrap heap. I figured that flimsy tin pan was more trouble than help.

Filter housing takes the same size wrench as my Camry so is not an issue for me. I never try and drain the filter just take the cover off like a regular spin-on filter.

/ 07 Toyota Tundra #17  
The plastic cap takes a cup style filter wrench, do not recall the size.

The paper element is a move away from the disposable screw on filter. A lot of manufactures are going back to element style, like was used in the 1950's & 1960's, 'cause it is more "green".

If you all are changing the recommended synthetic oil every 5 to 10k, that would be 2, maybe 3 changes a year. Is the skid plate, really that big of a deal?

/ 07 Toyota Tundra
The plastic cap takes a cup style filter wrench, do not recall the size.

The paper element is a move away from the disposable screw on filter. A lot of manufactures are going back to element style, like was used in the 1950's & 1960's, 'cause it is more "green".

If you all are changing the recommended synthetic oil every 5 to 10k, that would be 2, maybe 3 changes a year. Is the skid plate, really that big of a deal?

When I changed . I went woth Amsoil. Toyota doesn't spec. synthetc for this truck.I don't know where you get 5-10k oil change. I base my changes on UOA. For me, I can do without the skid plate. Next oil change , it won't be re installed

/ 07 Toyota Tundra #19  
I have an '07 Tundra but have never changed the oil????:confused3:
They had a "lifetime" oil change program for $350 when I purchased it. They are really going to live to regret it because I am keeping it forever. :D

/ 07 Toyota Tundra
I have an '07 Tundra but have never changed the oil????:confused3:
They had a "lifetime" oil change program for $350 when I purchased it. They are really going to live to regret it because I am keeping it forever. :D

Dis you get the recall papers about the power window Can't remember ,,switch, wiring, motor ??