07 Toyota Tundra

/ 07 Toyota Tundra #31  
Dealerships make their money on parts and service more than selling cars. The engineers are helping the dealers make more money by forcing the dealer to do all services even oil changes.

/ 07 Toyota Tundra #32  
Wait until you see the underside of an eco-boost. Filter is a nightmare to even get to and you've got to remove all kinds of "shielding" just to get to the plug. I assume they did it for the aero-affect but I'm seriously considering getting rid of the shielding, it holds dirt and mud and just seems to be a bad idea in general. The filter is way up on the front of the engine and I made a real mess trying to get it off.

/ 07 Toyota Tundra #33  
kenmac said:
When I changed . I went woth Amsoil. Toyota doesn't spec. synthetc for this truck.I don't know where you get 5-10k oil change. I base my changes on UOA. For me, I can do without the skid plate. Next oil change , it won't be re installed

I agree, however the 'light' comes on every 5k. I change it every 10k. I use Mobil One 5w20. If you can not get 10k out of synthetic oil, then why use it?

/ 07 Toyota Tundra #34  
Toyota has vehicles now that come with synthetic oil, and they recommend 10k oil changes for them.

/ 07 Toyota Tundra #35  
my 08 tundra came through with toyota synthetic aint much different in price then moblle one which my other vehicles use,8 quarts is alot of money to spend for every 5000 miles ,but i do it.Yes the skid pan is a pain in the rear
ALAN

/ 07 Toyota Tundra #36  
Haven't changed mine on my 2011. Still have the dealer free changes up to 25K. I'm coming up on it within a month and then it'll be up to me. Funny how my 2009 4Runner is the easiest to change oil in. Inverted filter on the top front of the motor. Even has a cup built in to catch oil that drains out. How does a company that comes up with that then turn around and design one that's much more difficult? The world may never know!:smiley_aafz:

HP