10 years on TBN

/ 10 years on TBN #51  
I'm almost there.

TBN was the very first forum I ever joined. And I also lurked for a year or so before joining, too.

I got my silver 5 year TBN pin...did you 10 year guys get your gold 10 year TBN pins, yet?

I miss some of the old characters we used to have. Some passed away and others just drifted off. I wonder about the ones that drifted away.

/ 10 years on TBN #53  
Looks like it was ten years on here for me back in May, but I was on here lurking and learning all that I could for a few years before that.

Eddie

same here, i found the site and didn't register but read quite a bit, glad i eventually joined. decent place here. :)

/ 10 years on TBN #54  
Soundguy said:
same here, i found the site and didn't register but read quite a bit, glad i eventually joined. decent place here. :)

Glad you joined too. Really helped me get my 8N going! Been here since 05 when I bought my JD 5103. Still have it, 267 hours. Still have the 8N too. Sold the 68 JD 4020 :(.

/ 10 years on TBN #55  
the jd 5103 is a good looking machine. I actually looekd one over when jd had the attractive 'sale price' and near 0 financing on them. lotsa tractor for the price.

/ 10 years on TBN #56  
Soundguy said:
the jd 5103 is a good looking machine. I actually looekd one over when jd had the attractive 'sale price' and near 0 financing on them. lotsa tractor for the price.

Definitely. At the time, I was looking at the 990. 10hp more but almost 1k less sold me on the 5103. Also looks more like old iron and was a lot "sturdier" looking than the 990. Really like the open station too. Bought mine for 13k with a model 286 bushhog brand rotary cutter. Both still in use. I have learned a tremendous amount about many topics here from members like yourself, Diamondpilot, WroughtnHarv, Bird, TX Jim, Moss Road etc.

Attachments

• image-1920789760.jpg
    image-1920789760.jpg
    407.2 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
   / 10 years on TBN #57  
Definitely. At the time, I was looking at the 990. 10hp more but almost 1k less sold me on the 5103. Also looks more like old iron and was a lot "sturdier" looking than the 990. Really like the open station too. Bought mine for 13k with a model 286 bushhog brand rotary cutter. Both still in use. I have learned a tremendous amount about many topics here from members like yourself, Diamondpilot, WroughtnHarv, Bird, TX Jim, Moss Road etc.

yep.. the 5103 was meant to be more of a basic machine. ie.. no frills. and yeah. it was a lil spartan. but that buys lotsa hp.

the NH xx10S series was like that. basic, no frills, plane iron / sheet emtal machines... best hp per dollar bang for your buck in their line... same as that 5103 was for jd.

/ 10 years on TBN #58  
I was looking at that tractor, too. At the time, it was a huge bang for the buck. However, it was just too large for my needs. I tried to talk myself into needing a larger tractor very hard! :laughing:

/ 10 years on TBN #59  
MossRoad said:
I was looking at that tractor, too. At the time, it was a huge bang for the buck. However, it was just too large for my needs. I tried to talk myself into needing a larger tractor very hard! :laughing:

I use it for bushhogging, discing and box blade work. The only complaint was traction, but filled rear tires helped with that. It is also very fuel efficient. Moss, tell me a little about the tractor in your avatar. I have a use for a compact machine with a loader to get into some tight spots that the 5103 wont work in.

/ 10 years on TBN #60  
heck.. i'm a ford/NH guy.. and like 'greene' alot less.. and even i considered buying one. twas truly a great deal... :)