???

/ ??? #1  

dirthead

Tractor
I wish
Ok I have a problem.
I have available to me several makes and models of scut's, and no idea which to pick. all are within 10 mins of here.
There's a Kubota/ Massey dealer, a JD dealer, and a mccormick/landini/kioti/cub cadet yanmar dealer.
i've narrowed it down to I think the massey gc2400 14,900 tractor loader, the Mccormick ctj 16,500 tractor loader, or the cub 18,500 tractor loader.
does the last price seem quite high? it does to me.
Any input would be appreciated.

/ ??? #2  
I have a GC2600 and love it I sat a bunch of tractors inculding the Cub and JD but for the price and more important the comfort the Massey worked for me.

/ ??? #3  
what are your intended uses? Brand makes less of a difference as long as you are compairing models in roughly equal economic and manufacturing tiers ).. ( IE.. can't compair $ for $ and HP to HP a chinese jinma to a JD .. etc.. ).

Post some ideas about terain, and intended uses and you will get alot better info from the membership here.

good luck, looking forward to hearing back.

soundguy

Ok I have a problem.
I have available to me several makes and models of scut's, and no idea which to pick. all are within 10 mins of here.
There's a Kubota/ Massey dealer, a JD dealer, and a mccormick/landini/kioti/cub cadet yanmar dealer.
i've narrowed it down to I think the massey gc2400 14,900 tractor loader, the Mccormick ctj 16,500 tractor loader, or the cub 18,500 tractor loader.
does the last price seem quite high? it does to me.
Any input would be appreciated.

/ ???
Thanks guys, I have 2 acres of which 1.5 are wooded. so mowing is of less importance to me. the driveway is about 160' long and we get lots of snow here. I'd like to do some work in the woods ie hauling trees pulling stumps etc.
Also I want a tiller so we can make and maintain a good sized garden aprox 50'x30' for now. And the ground is very hard here, lots of gravel. I'll be digging up earth mostly for landscaping etc.
I'm leaning a little more towards the Mccomick because it has a greater ground clearance, 10" compared to the others at about 8", and the loader is stronger, hitch is stronger, just looks more rugged, and it comes with the rear hydraulics too.
My opinion, I really have no experience with them.

/ ??? #6  
since you will be tilling.. and sounds like laoder work.. go ahead and get opne with a good trans option.. the more gears the better.. or HST... 4wd and PS.

Pulling stumps? Probably one o fhte best ways to hurt yourself or the tractor or both....

soundguy

/ ??? #7  
Which model Cub?

/ ??? #9  
Pulling stumps? Probably one o fhte best ways to hurt yourself or the tractor or both....

soundguy

Yup.... also a great way to find out how good your warranty is - and if your dealership has a top-drawer mechanics group!

Rent an excavator or hire someone to deal with the stumps (and the trees). Especially given that the acreage is reasonably small.

Go with the dealership that has the best overall support; part's, repair, etc.

(Ideally, those same folk's just happen to ALSO have the tractor that fits you and your projects the best!)

Good luck.

AKfish

/ ??? #10  
The SCUT size tractors will do what you are aiming for but you might consider looking at a 20 something HP CUT as well. Small CUTs are not much more than SCUTs. They tend to be more capable in ground engaging tasks as they are heavier and have better ground clearance. You might find tilling, tree removal, driveway maintenance and snow clearing a bit better with a heavier tractor. Check out the 20ish hp Mahindra, Kioti and Kubota models. JD790 too. I cannot recall the name of the NH in this category but it would also be worth a look.