???

/ ??? #11  
Since you state that mowing is of less importance to you, I'd seriously check into small CUTS like the Kubota B-series, JD 2xxx series, and comparable machines. Where SCUTs really shine vs. small CUTS is when a multi-purpose lawn mowing machine is the primary need. For ground engaging tasks and working in the woods, you won't regret having more ground clearance and more weight, nor will you regret having higher hydraulic flow and lift capabilities with a CUT.

Figuring out what to buy is trickier. Figure out what fits your budget and what fits you best. Get in the seat and make sure there's room to operate the tractor comfortably. Buy from a dealer with good support after the sale, but don't decide on a tractor strictly for the dealer (but the dealer can be a tie-breaker between 2 tractors you really like). You may have to drive a bit, but so long as the distance is reasonable, get THE tractor you want from the best dealer around for that brand.

All of the major brands make good machines that are very close in quality.

/ ??? #12  
With regards the JD product, it might be helpful for you to visit their website and then try a few configurations using the "Build Your Own" tool. You should be able to select Canada pricing.

A 3032E with discount might be in the price range you are considering.

/ ??? #13  
The real selling price of a JD is frequently much less than the on-line price their website gives.

/ ??? #14  
The real selling price of a JD is frequently much less than the on-line price their website gives.

Exactly. In my case the stars and planets aligned to produce 25% + off MSRP. In the case of the OP if he even got 10% off on a 3032E that would put it right in the middle of his range of quotes.

There may be other brands that have web pricing, I'm just more familiar with JD and so far it is the only one I've found that provides Canadian pricing.

/ ???
That's why I was considering the mccormick.
Higher ground clearance same as cut, stronger hydraulics lift capacity at ball end 1433 lbs compared to a massey 1523 cut at 1190 lbs at ball end. it also weighs more at 1609 lbs the massey cut weighs 1532 lbs shipping weight. It has standard mid pto and rear remote valve. at 16500 + tax for tractor loader, with 5 yrs 0% 0 down, it sounds pretty good.
The only things I'm concerned about are the hydrostatic drive pedal (heel-toe) and you don't hear a lot about the new mccormicks yet. hard to find info from owners. here are some pics, as you can see the mccormick is identical to the landini.

Attachments

• 0107000922a.jpg
    0107000922a.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 157
  • 0107000922b.jpg
    0107000922b.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 132
   / ???
Here's a couple more pics. you can see the pedal here.
By the way what tires do you reccomend, I'm thinking industrials

Attachments

• 0107000922.jpg
    0107000922.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 158
  • 0107000921.jpg
    0107000921.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 124
   / ??? #17  
Hi Dirthead,

The type of work you described is similar to mine, I bought a Massey F. GC2310 TLB (Tractor, Loader & Back-hoe++, now replaced by the GC2410) for 18500. I really like the back-hoe for pulling stumps and big rocks, it may look small but it's impressively strong.

Ground clearance can be an issue though. But with patient and caution, you can get pretty far with a SCUT but a CUT with bigger wheels may be better for you if you think you don't need the back-hoe (and keep the price reasonable).

Are you thinking of a snowblower eventually? If yes, consider an HST transmission.

In ruff terrain with rocks and stumps, R4 with rim guard is certainly something to consider also. In my case, I would have probably puncture any other types (lots of blasted sharp rocks).

Good luck!

/ ???
Thanx Max the gc2400 is actually one that I'm considering. I don't know why I'm killing myself to make this decision, these tractors seem to really keep their trade in value. So if I do end up getting the wrong one, I can always up or downsize accordingly without going broke.
Does that make any sense ?
I've been shopping for over a year and still haven't decided, I think I'm waiting for the next great thing to evolve.Also I usually think outside the box so I'll prolly get something different from everyone around here.
My next door neighbor has a MF 2300 TLMB, across the street has a Kubota BX 2230 I think? His neighbor also a K with MBL, little further down the road has a JD CUT not sure which, looks like a 2520 with LB
By the way the B's stand for blowers not backhoes.

/ ??? #19  
Some tractors have the joystick mounted on the FEL (as in the pics you posted). Others have the stick fender mounted. Be sure to try both types and ask yourself which you prefer and which would be more comfortable over extended use.

/ ???
Funny thing happened today, I went for a drive and stopped in at the Mccormick/Landini,CC/Yanmar, Kioti dealer to have a look around and chat a little, and was offered a sales job.
I'm really considering it as I'm not very happy at my current job (furniture delivery and building maintenance).
I thought this might be a good opportunity to grow with the company as it is only 2 yrs old. I do have prior sales experience and tractors are an obsession of mine as of late (I'm not getting any younger) :rolleyes:
This could be just what I was searching for for all these years.
Any opinions?