???

/ ??? #21  
I think you have been given some good advice and have ignored it.:D

I would not buy a 1500 lb tractor to pull stumps, cheaper to hire it out on that sized lot. Far cheaper to have the lot cleaned up and then buy something to maintain it with. I have seen a 3" pine stump stop a 4000 lb tractor in its tracks just to give you an idea.

/ ???
What are you talking about jenk?! I haven't decided on anything I think you need to go back and reread the posts before accusing me of ignoring good advice!:D

/ ??? #23  
Hey Dirthead,

Looks like you may have found more then a tractor! I think you answered yourself and are about to start new challenges. I would also seriously consider this offer. Then you could negotiate a deal with yourself ;). In that case, so long Massey... and if you don't like it, there is allot of buildings that needs and will still need maintenance :)

Good luck!

/ ??? #24  
Funny thing happened today, I went for a drive and stopped in at the Mccormick/Landini,CC/Yanmar, Kioti dealer to have a look around and chat a little, and was offered a sales job.
I'm really considering it as I'm not very happy at my current job (furniture delivery and building maintenance).
I thought this might be a good opportunity to grow with the company as it is only 2 yrs old. I do have prior sales experience and tractors are an obsession of mine as of late (I'm not getting any younger) :rolleyes:
This could be just what I was searching for for all these years.
Any opinions?
This might be a job that was meant for you and you now have the opportunity. Many things to consider and I'm not going to presume to lecture you on what they are but if it pays decent and it makes you happy then go for it.

/ ???
I have decided and today was my last day at current job:D My boss didn't need much notice since it is slow this time of year. I start selling and or buying :D tractors on the first of Feb.
I'm anxious to start but I could also use the time off to rest my back, been pretty sore lately.
Any advice is always appreciated:)
Oh and jenkinsph, I went back and read my post to you, and I didn't mean it to sound harsh, just was stating that I hadn't made a decision yet. No hard feelings.:rolleyes:

/ ??? #26  
Since you will be selling them, you can get a good deal on that Kioti which will typically have higher capacities, stronger hydraulics, better warranty, and better ergonomics.
Compared to that McCormick CTJ27:
Kioti CK27HST 3pt hitch lifts 1,764lbs vs 1,433lbs
28HP vs 27HP
20.5 PTO HP vs 21.5 PTO HP
7.9gal fuel tank vs. 6.6gal
Hydraulic Pump: 12.7gpm (Kioti) vs. 7.14gpm, that's a huge difference
Weight: 3,117lbs vs. 1,609lbs, if your doing ground engaging work you want weight
I can't find specs on the McCormick loader but the Kioti lifts 1,155lbs at the pins to a full height of 92.5" with a break out force of over 2,00lbs!

The fender mounted FEL lever is much more comfortable to use compared to the FEL mounted lever like the picture you posted, I have used both.

Good Luck Shopping!

/ ???
Well that's kinda comparing an apple to an orange.
The CTJ is considered a SCUT, where as the Kioti is a compact, to compare more equally we would have to compare the kioti to the MCcormick CT28
28 hp
3 pt hitch 2620 lbs at ball end
pto hp 22
fuel tank 8.5 gal.
hydraulics 8 gpm
weight 2645
loader
lift max 93" 2250lbs
breakout force 4500

Also a fender mount joystick and side by side hydro pedals and standard rear remote valves and standard mid pto. not saying that one is better than the other, but these 2 compare more closely.

just food for thought.:rolleyes:

/ ??? #28  
Get yourself a DK-35se/hst Kioti and don't look back !:D
Now that I've made your decision for you all you have to do is pay for it, use it and enjoy it.:eek:
Seriously, this tractor is the best and hst is great. How do I know? I own one and did not bother to look further than it. I do all you're going to do on around 8 acres and have the backhoe and fel. I use a Scag Wildcat ZTR mower to cut the fairly large lawn.
These guys are right about stumps. I had some HUGE excavators here this summer to the tune of $150,000 of work from March of '09-Dec, and their biggest difficulty was in stump removal. They really fought with some, nearly tipping the machines over frontward getting the stumps to cooperate. And these were professional operators on the machines 10-12hours/day. Kioti's warranty is the best in the business too.

Good luck with the new job, and with your new Kioti;)

/ ???
Thanks coyotemachine, I do realize that maybe stump pulling should be left to the heavy equipment, so I wont pull any stumps PROMISE.
But if all I use it for is snow removal and some light landscaping, then wouldn't the ck-20 meet my needs better?
Again thanks for all the support and suggestions guys I really appreciate it.;)

/ ??? #30  
That CT28 sounds impressive, I wonder how it compares price wise. 2250lbs of lift in the loader... :eek:

I have done everything you listed with my CK20HST and more. The new CK20's have more HP, a better designed loader, better curved backhoe, and better warranty than my "2006" model. You will be using smaller attachments vs. a larger machine (ex: 4ft boxblade vs. 5ft) but I never really needed a larger tractor.

Plus, hauling it around with my 1/2 ton truck is no problem and I can work all weekend on 6 gallons of diesel.

click thumbnail for larger image