16K trailer

/ 16K trailer #21  
Did you buy a bumper pull or gooseneck?

What price did Gatormade give you on the 25' trailer?

You might actually be losing capacity by going with the larger trailer. It will weigh more and since your going to be derating it anyways you might end up with the same capacity, but since the trailer will weigh more your actual payload could go down.

This isn't necessarily your case but hopefully that doesn't happen for your sake.

/ 16K trailer

You might actually be losing capacity by going with the larger trailer. It will weigh more and since your going to be derating it anyways you might end up with the same capacity, but since the trailer will weigh more your actual payload could go down.

This isn't necessarily your case but hopefully that doesn't happen for your sake.
I am buying to bumper pull.
I am not sure it is appropriate to state the price? I am certain that I was given no special price. I understand your point.... as long as I can get 12,000, I will be happy

/ 16K trailer
Are you looking for a gooseneck or tag along style?

Have you thought about Hudson trailers? I really like my 4T 18' trailer but want to upgrade to a 6 Ton (16k) trailer with a 25' length. I don't want a gooseneck style though.
My last 7K was a hudson gooseneck and my present tag along is a 6K Hudson. They are 5 miles from home. I know the Hudsons and many that work there. Good trailers. But I would like something different this time.

/ 16K trailer

The 20 +5 Gator is 5800lbs. I can not find the weight Tandem Dual. A like Competitors is 6000lb

/ 16K trailer #25  
The 20 +5 Gator is 5800lbs. I can not find the weight Tandem Dual. A like Competitors is 6000lb

That seems about right. I had a 25+5 GN with tandem 12K axles, total GVWR was 25,000#. It weighed 6,800# empty.

Chris

/ 16K trailer #26  
I am buying to bumper pull. I am not sure it is appropriate to state the price? I am certain that I was given no special price. I understand your point.... as long as I can get 12,000, I will be happy

No worries if you'd rather not post the price of the Gatormade, I was mostly just curious where in the range it falls compared to the other well known brands.

/ 16K trailer
No worries if you'd rather not post the price of the Gatormade, I was mostly just curious where in the range it falls compared to the other well known brands.
Since they post prices on the net anyway, the 16,000 was $6700 ... somewhere close to that. I will dbl ck my emails Edit $6790

/ 16K trailer #28  
Looking through my manual...GCWR is 24,500. Is this based on hitch capacity, suspension, or many factors???? My aftermarket Air lift rear suspension does not factor in any way does it?

GCWR is the max scale weight of the loaded truck and trailer combined. This could be lower than the sum of the GVWR's for your truck and trailer depending on what you've got. It is based on the manufacturer's safety analysis including the factors you've listed plus others like braking. And no, there is nothing you can do to change it, suspension mods etc. have no effect on the rating, even though they may make that part of the system work a little better for your applications.

/ 16K trailer #29  
If you are needing 12K lbs capacity, know the weight of the trailer and know the weight of the truck, it will help you develop that reg tag. So lets say you need: 12K lbs (load) + 6K lbs (trailer weight) + 8K lbs (GVWR truck) = 26K lbs.

I have no idea what truck you will be paring with this trailer, but sounds like you may be over the limits here. To get 12K lbs capacity with a 6K lbs trailer, your trailer GVWR tag will need to be 18K lbs. That only leaves 8K for your truck. Too light for anything able to tow 18K that I know of.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken...

/ 16K trailer #30  
The >26K CDL issue is real but some/most states have exceptions to the CDL requirement. Check your state for details but farm use is a common exception. Of course the definition of farm may not be what you would like. As an example I can run a no weight limit, other than axles rules, because of the farm exclusion. RV's are another common exception.