2 post or 4 post vehicle lift ideas

/ 2 post or 4 post vehicle lift ideas #181  
I would be interested in learning more about how you accomplished this.
1711027289963.jpeg

this the under side. Ends drop into the rails where a slide jack wound go. I made 5 of them. I lay a couple of sheets on top and that gives a full flat deck on 4 post. Great for storing stuff When I put something narrow like tractor on lift I remove the ones not support tractor that opens up working room for tractor. I had a couple events at garage a it’s makes a big table

/ 2 post or 4 post vehicle lift ideas #182  
View attachment 858208
this the under side. Ends drop into the rails where a slide jack wound go. I made 5 of them. I lay a couple of sheets on top and that gives a full flat deck on 4 post. Great for storing stuff When I put something narrow like tractor on lift I remove the ones not support tractor that opens up working room for tractor. I had a couple events at garage a it’s makes a big table
Nice, I like the looks of that arrangement. My brother in law and I built some dollies that used C-channel, very similar to your platform assembly. I will keep this in mind in the future.

Thank you,
Doug

/ 2 post or 4 post vehicle lift ideas #184  
Nice Code54 !!

/ 2 post or 4 post vehicle lift ideas #185  
Thank you

/ 2 post or 4 post vehicle lift ideas #187  
Here is a little better way to explain small off-roaders and how they fit. For reference, I also attached a photo of a RAM 2500 on the lift. With the aluminum inserts the lawn mower and rototiller can go across and I can change the oil on them pretty easily. It is a neat setup and seems to work pretty darn well.
With the siding jack system you can lift the rear of a vehicle, put jack stands under it and roll the jack to the front and lift it up (it has a steel lock system so you don't need jack stands with the air jack).
Hope this helps people with their decision on a 4 post or two post for their uses.

Attachments

• IMG_0347.jpeg
    IMG_0347.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0344.jpeg
    IMG_0344.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0349.jpeg
    IMG_0349.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 41
   / 2 post or 4 post vehicle lift ideas #188  
Here is a little better way to explain small off-roaders and how they fit. For reference, I also attached a photo of a RAM 2500 on the lift. With the aluminum inserts the lawn mower and rototiller can go across and I can change the oil on them pretty easily. It is a neat setup and seems to work pretty darn well.
With the siding jack system you can lift the rear of a vehicle, put jack stands under it and roll the jack to the front and lift it up (it has a steel lock system so you don't need jack stands with the air jack).
Hope this helps people with their decision on a 4 post or two post for their uses.
By looking at the picture of your short bed crewcab on the lift, it definitely looks like I would need an extra long lift to accommodate my crewcab long bed wheelbase.

Would you agree with me on this question?

Doug

/ 2 post or 4 post vehicle lift ideas #189  
Yes, Sir, that is correct. This version is the same length as the standard, but with wider posts and runners. I went with the wider shorter lift since this is as large of a truck as I ever plan on buying. I also didn't want to eat up too much garage space so that is why I skipped a longer lift. The wider part worked for me so I can put ATVs and the little SxS on it sideways.

For reference, the one I have is the Wildfire "Exotic"