2 Wheel Tractors - Buying & Using

/ 2 Wheel Tractors - Buying & Using #21  
Gravely...

"There is no brake other than the forward/reverse lever. "

Yeah... I know about this one !

1st time at a Gravely's controls... ~age 10...
...almost pushed my Aunt's 1950's Chevy over because I didn't know how to stop the tractor... went straight into the passenger's door... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Powerful tractor... !

Dave...

/ 2 Wheel Tractors - Buying & Using #22  
I really enjoy my Gravelys - I've got a 4 speed and 8 speed L model that get year-round use plus a newer Kohler powered tractor that I run the 40 inch commercial mower on. Gravely was founded in Dunbar WV and they deserve all of the credit for the original D model and later L models. Gravely was purchased by Studebaker in the 60's I believe and moved to Clemmons NC where they stayed until the early 90's when production moved to the Ariens facility in Brillion WI. Ariens owns Gravely today but production has ceased on the 2 wheel tractors - new Gravelys today are zero-turn mowers etc.

/ 2 Wheel Tractors - Buying & Using #23  
No smoke at all! Mine has no guage, so I don't know what the pressure is. I'll have to look into putting one on. And I guess I should work on the slip clutch clamp bolts. As far as traction goes, I'm keeping the chains on it full time right now - no traction problems with those on!

/ 2 Wheel Tractors - Buying & Using
To20Chris:

<font color="blue">Mine has no guage </font>

Must have been removed. There should be a fitting on the housing about mid way on the port side just below the hood that you can screw into. I would guess (based on other stuff I bought for mine) that it takes a standard guage with english threads (not metric). Should be a simple job. Probably get a guage at NAPA or similar.

JEH

/ 2 Wheel Tractors - Buying & Using #25  
Cool - I have a spare guage floating around in a box in the barn somewhere - I bet I could drive up to AutoZone and back faster than I could find it (I won't though /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif )!

/ 2 Wheel Tractors - Buying & Using #26  
There's a company here in the states that imports the 2wd Goldoni tractors. I bought one about three years ago primarily because I wanted a diesel engine (Lombardini). I've never been able to stall the thing. I think it's rated at 12-14hp.

/ 2 Wheel Tractors - Buying & Using #27  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( There's a company here in the states that imports the 2wd Goldoni tractors. I bought one about three years ago primarily because I wanted a diesel engine (Lombardini). I've never been able to stall the thing. I think it's rated at 12-14hp. )</font>

Can you give me contact info. for the dealer here ?

I'm interested in getting more info.

Earth Works has diesel engine options for the larger BCS tractor(s)...

Thanks...

Dave...

/ 2 Wheel Tractors - Buying & Using #28  
There are a couple of dealers in the US. Here's the dealer I used. At one time years ago, I believe they were the US distributors for BCS.

EARTH POWER EQUIPMENT INC.
30 East Fourth Ave. - P.O.Box 8396
43201 Columbus, OH - U S A
Phone. 001 614 294 4618 FAX 001 614 294 6014
earthpowereqt@aol.com

Here's a link to the manufacturer's website: http://www.goldoni.com/eng/special.htm

Another builder makes a wagon that when hooked to the Goldoni, turns it into a 4wd ATV. I've heard that for some small farmers in Italy it doubles as the family car.

Here's a link to a picture of the powered trailer.
http://www.ferrari-tractors.com/walking.htm#Fort%20Powered%20Trailers

/ 2 Wheel Tractors - Buying & Using #29  
It must be model Super Special. Best machine I ever seen!!!
Congrat on it. I'm jealous /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Btw, this model is produced in HR too, under TPS name, for local market.

/ 2 Wheel Tractors - Buying & Using #30  
Does your tractor have 2 speed + ground pto?
If so, you can make 4x4 trailor out or car diff.
Lot of them here are done like that. Factory trailors are offered, too.

Did you know that Goldoni O & V tractors use JD engines, and are rebadged as John Deere? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif