2014 Mahindra 3616 Shuttle Intermittent Starting Problems

/ 2014 Mahindra 3616 Shuttle Intermittent Starting Problems #21  
anybody have a wiring diagram for the 3616 model year 2013. I got this clicking going on, repalced selnoid to no avail, can jump across from the hot side to the field connection then the starter motor engages and starts as long as the key is in the start postion, any help would be excellent.

/ 2014 Mahindra 3616 Shuttle Intermittent Starting Problems #22  
Happy news.
My 3616 has had an intermittent starting problem for quite a while. When I turned the key it might engage the starter and might just click. No pattern to it. Often had to turn the key 6 to 8 times before it would turn the starter. followed the instructions above and bought the exact relay and wire harness described. Works awsome.

/ 2014 Mahindra 3616 Shuttle Intermittent Starting Problems #23  
Happy news.
My 3616 has had an intermittent starting problem for quite a while. When I turned the key it might engage the starter and might just click. No pattern to it. Often had to turn the key 6 to 8 times before it would turn the starter. followed the instructions above and bought the exact relay and wire harness described. Works awsome.

where did you purchase the harness...if I jump across the starter it works fine but that is a pain in the rear.:dance1:

/ 2014 Mahindra 3616 Shuttle Intermittent Starting Problems #24  
NAPA Auto Parts.
Relay no. AR276
Wire Harness EC23.
I put a 30A fuse holder in the wire from relay to the battery lead. Also buy a fuse because they dont come in the NAPA fuse holders.

Will send a photo later today.

This is a 5 wire relay but you only use 4 of them,

Follow the link I included on my previous post. IT has instructions if you read through the entire post.

Good luck

/ 2014 Mahindra 3616 Shuttle Intermittent Starting Problems #25  
NAPA Auto Parts.
Relay no. AR276
Wire Harness EC23.
I put a 30A fuse holder in the wire from relay to the battery lead. Also buy a fuse because they dont come in the NAPA fuse holders.

Will send a photo later today.

This is a 5 wire relay but you only use 4 of them,

Follow the link I included on my previous post. IT has instructions if you read through the entire post.

Good luck

thanks , I went to TC33da starting problems and Jshed had pictures, probably the same way you did it, if you still want to send photo that's great too.

/ 2014 Mahindra 3616 Shuttle Intermittent Starting Problems #26  
thanks , I went to TC33da starting problems and Jshed had pictures, probably the same way you did it, if you still want to send photo that's great too.

buzstovkholm
Please let us know how it works for you.

/ 2014 Mahindra 3616 Shuttle Intermittent Starting Problems #27  
buzstovkholm
Please let us know how it works for you.

Hey sorry it took so long but I just got her hooked up and she works just fine, thanks for your support.

/ 2014 Mahindra 3616 Shuttle Intermittent Starting Problems #28  
Ditto here. I also have a 3616 and had the same starting problem when I turned the key would sometimes (most of the time) it would just click. No pattern. Often had to turn the key 6 to 8 times before I could get it to turn the starter. I have had this problem before on various equipment mostly mowers so installed an assist relay and problem solved. This is a easy fix.

/ 2014 Mahindra 3616 Shuttle Intermittent Starting Problems #29  
I have a 4035, same issue you described. It turned out to that I needed to replace the ignition switch been working fine ever since.

/ 2014 Mahindra 3616 Shuttle Intermittent Starting Problems #30  
Just used the solution prescribed here on my 3616. It works. I sat in my cab and started the engine about 20 times - not because I was performing some lengthy field test of my handiwork - I was so happy I had to hear it a few times.