2014 Mahindra 3616 Shuttle Intermittent Starting Problems

/ 2014 Mahindra 3616 Shuttle Intermittent Starting Problems #31  
I have a 3616 shuttle with the problematic click, click, click, start issue. I ordered the relay and harness mentioned in this thread from NAPA. Installed it as directed and expected amazing things. Got it all back together and the machine would not start at all, not even a click. Not sure if I did something wrong?
Installed near starter on left side. (4) Wires off the relay. (1) to ground bolt, (1) to starter + terminal, (1) to starter relay metal tab, and the last to the stock wire that was previously attached to the metal relay tab.
For those who have accomplished this successfully, is there something glaring wrong here?

/ 2014 Mahindra 3616 Shuttle Intermittent Starting Problems #32  
Look at this diagram and verify your wiring to the numbers. This should help. 20200828_174830.jpeg

/ 2014 Mahindra 3616 Shuttle Intermittent Starting Problems #33  
If you have a 5 pin relay it will have an 86a pin as well.....you will not use that one.

/ 2014 Mahindra 3616 Shuttle Intermittent Starting Problems #34  
Look at this diagram and verify your wiring to the numbers. This should help. View attachment 667794

The pictogram you just posted is different than the directions form a few years ago. I followed the steps below....

"(1) Relay installed under plastic on left side down low in a vacant hole in the steel plate. Attached the inline fuse 30A on the engine side on the same bolt.
(2) Ran the wire from pin 30 thru the inline fuse and attached at the bolt holding the battery positive to the starter.
(3) Ran the wire from pin 85 to ground. I attached to a bolt under the clutch area that holds a hydraulic line. (need a loop end here just like what is needed to attach at the starter.
(4) Unplugged the white plastic connector from the back side of the starter solenoid and cut it off along with a few inches of wire. Connected this white connector to the wire from pin 86 and plugs back to the solenoid.
(5) Take the cut wire that previously went to the solenoid and connect it going to pin 87 ."

Maybe I need to start over and re-do per your recent diagram?

Thanks for your help.

/ 2014 Mahindra 3616 Shuttle Intermittent Starting Problems #35  
Look at this diagram and verify your wiring to the numbers. This should help. View attachment 667794

Can someone explain this diagram to me in lay mans terms?

I have the NAPA solenoid installed & grounded. I am up to an embarrassing 10 clicks before she starts.

/ 2014 Mahindra 3616 Shuttle Intermittent Starting Problems #36  
Can someone explain this diagram to me in lay mans terms?

I have the NAPA solenoid installed & grounded. I am up to an embarrassing 10 clicks before she starts.
There appears to be a coil between 85 and 86. When electrical current flows through the coil it becomes magnetized which pulls in the red arm. This action connects 30 to 87. Pardon the crude sketch and hope this helps.tapatalk_1602641499081-1.jpeg

/ 2014 Mahindra 3616 Shuttle Intermittent Starting Problems #37  
Had intermittent start on our 5010hst and it was the small power supply lead from battery - the crimp on the spade terminal in the connector had corroded so that wire would occasionally make / break connection... Temp fix for now till I get proper terminal of another single wire blockIMG_20201214_144435634.jpg

/ 2014 Mahindra 3616 Shuttle Intermittent Starting Problems #38  
NAPA Auto Parts.
Relay no. AR276
Wire Harness EC23.
I put a 30A fuse holder in the wire from relay to the battery lead. Also buy a fuse because they dont come in the NAPA fuse holders.

Will send a photo later today.

This is a 5 wire relay but you only use 4 of them,

Follow the link I included on my previous post. IT has instructions if you read through the entire post.

Good luck

Any chance you can direct me to the link you reference above? I am still struggling with this click fix on my 3616. Thanks in advance.

/ 2014 Mahindra 3616 Shuttle Intermittent Starting Problems #39  
Re: DX 33 Starting Problem Fixed

The Napa relay I purchased shows part # AR276
I also purchased a plug with 4 wires that plug into the relay part EC23. You do have to make sure the 4 wires are in the position to contact pins 30, 85, 86, 87 (and not 87a)
There are detailed pictures on this site from Jsheds. For those interested a search under TC33DA-Starting problems will furnish good instructions. I basicly followed the instructions that others furnished on this site.
(1) Relay installed under plastic on left side down low in a vacant hole in the steel plate. Attached the inline fuse 30A on the engine side on the same bolt.
(2) Ran the wire from pin 30 thru the inline fuse and attached at the bolt holding the battery positive to the starter.
(3) Ran the wire from pin 85 to ground. I attached to a bolt under the clutch area that holds a hydraulic line. (need a loop end here just like what is needed to attach at the starter.
(4) Unplugged the white plastic connector from the back side of the starter solenoid and cut it off along with a few inches of wire. Connected this white connector to the wire from pin 86 and plugs back to the solenoid.
(5) Take the cut wire that previously went to the solenoid and connect it going to pin 87 .
I saved pictures and instructions on what others posted and printed them out for instructions to follow.
I have a Mahindra 3616 that had the starting problem for several years now. As it got older the starting problem got progressively worse. I followed the instructions for adding the relay and my starting problems have cleared. Thank you for posting this fix. There's something gratifying in being able to make a repair yourself. Once again, thank you. Also, someone posted the part numbers from NAPA that is needed. This too came in very handy.

/ 2014 Mahindra 3616 Shuttle Intermittent Starting Problems #40  
Still looking for help with the wiring of the relay. I have the NAPA relay mounted near the starter but don't know where the wires need to go. Does anyone who has actually accomplished this on a 3616 have pics or more detail that the wiring schematic previously posted?