2022 work master 75 pto too fast shutting down ???

/ 2022 work master 75 pto too fast shutting down ??? #1  

RADIUM

Gold Member
Tractor
NEW HOLLAND 2420
Hello it's been some time since I've been on these forms but I'm at my wit's end with this new tractor. The problem whether it's the snow blower or the bush hog would be disengaging the PTO the clutch is not required the machine abruptly stops no matter how much I try to slowly slide it towards off I have the RPMs down of course, but it still doesn't make sense and causes bush hog blades to overlap because it's such an abrupt stop if this is a safety feature it's ridiculous, I'm used to my tc 2420 just slowly coming to a slow spinning stop. any ideas would be helpful thanks again

20230123_111027.jpg

/ 2022 work master 75 pto too fast shutting down ??? #2  
Have you got a pto brake override/disable switch ? Should be near your pto shut off switch if it’s got one. Some of my New Holland have had them.

/ 2022 work master 75 pto too fast shutting down ??? #3  
Engaging and disengaging are very abrupt. There is no feathering of the lever, it is either on or off. I now have the same problem that I had when I first bought the tractor. Once I mow for a while and the tractor heats up, the PTO will not disengage. They fixed it after I bought in 2019 by adjusting the PTO clutch pressures, is what I was told. Now I have to turn it off with the PTO still engaged, which puts tremendous strain on the system. Starting it back up requires moving the PTO lever back and forth to get it to disengage before it will start. So it is back to the dealer for repair.

The manual says the 50/540E PTO is standard on all NH tractors. Mine does not have the second lever to select between the 2. Other than the PTO operation, I love the tractor.

Last edited:
   / 2022 work master 75 pto too fast shutting down ???
I was afraid of that this is the second tractor by the way I didn't want to get into it I bought it July 5th 2022 by October it had to go New Holland was very good to me and replaced the tractor leaking in the midseal wasn't going to support a brand new cab tracker being torn in half with 30 hours on it but it also had that crazy off or on PTO what are they thinking a 12 ft batwing doesn't want to come to a complete stop needless to say a snow blower even at low RPMs. There has to be a way to defeat the brake clutch or pressure so it just spins I'm going to the dealer today and talking to the New Holland rep who I dealt with trading the tractor off and told them you either fix this or give me my money back I'm done with New Holland I'm not dealing with the safety b******* I've been driving tractors for over 50 years I'm not going to put my foot out near a spinning blade when I shut the engine off ridiculous I'll let you know how I make out the young mechanic will fix the first tractor told me it is possible to disable the pressure which will cause the PTO to spin I don't care I'll let you know. The funny thing the tractor also has no RPM gauge they've replaced two sending units but the gauge and the dashboard still doesn't register anything too funny the second tractor they want to take the dashboard apart to see what's wrong I said no thanks leave it alone I'll just go with the tachometer close enough to 5:40 take care

/ 2022 work master 75 pto too fast shutting down ??? #5  
Could install an over running clutch

/ 2022 work master 75 pto too fast shutting down ??? #6  
Obviously, some of the things mentioned are real issues that need to be addressed. But, mechanical PTO is either on or off. Not much feathering to it when you engage. If it is electrical, it's the same way unless it's like my tractor and has a soft start feature.

Well unfortunately today we just picked up the new bush hog that finally came in and my worst fears are realized. I tried slowing it down turning it off and Bam what a sound ridiculous I'm done with this BS the blades locked over each other so you have to get underneath and bang them apart or the machine will not start up without bouncing off the ground what were they thinking with this design it just doesn't make any sense that you would have that much mass just come to an instant stop and apparently there are no adjustments or any they'll tell me about ridiculous

Attachments

• 20230510_104221.jpg
    20230510_104221.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 78
What a shame great tractor just no way to turn the PTO off safely ridiculous

Attachments

• 20230510_104300.jpg
    20230510_104300.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 86
   / 2022 work master 75 pto too fast shutting down ??? #9  
What a shame great tractor just no way to turn the PTO off safely ridiculous
Yup I 100% agree with you, Poor poor engineering. Makes me wonder if the design engineer actually knows what the Pto is used for. How abrupt is engagement when you turn the pto on for that bush hog ?

lol take a guess 🤣🤣🤣