2022 work master 75 pto too fast shutting down ???

/ 2022 work master 75 pto too fast shutting down ??? #21  
I had a Workmaster 75 with cab. That's one of the first things I noticed about it. Did not like it. Thought that's what I wanted tractor with cab but after having it a year it just not my thing. I traded it for a Workmaster 70 without cab. The PTO engage disengage is nothing like the WM75. It pretty normal to me like other tractors I had in the past.
Just like Mule I have that come with doors. Did not like opening and closing them. Took them off. My dog did not like them either😁
The difference is not cab or no cab, it's the production years. CNH screwed up a number of things on the later year models. The earlier ones were far simpler to operate and maintain. I know of a few 75's in this area, and none are new enough to have any of the features that are complained about here. Older is still better.

/ 2022 work master 75 pto too fast shutting down ??? #22  
I have a 2021 WM 70 and the pto lever is a clutch. I can slowly engage it and spin up the bush hog smoothly. When I disengage it the pto disengages and the blades spin down. For the same year I would think the 70 and 75 share the same mechanicals.

Last edited:
   / 2022 work master 75 pto too fast shutting down ??? #23  
The WM 50-60-70 tractors are a different platform from the WM 55-65-75 series.

/ 2022 work master 75 pto too fast shutting down ??? #24  
Well unfortunately today we just picked up the new bush hog that finally came in and my worst fears are realized. I tried slowing it down turning it off and Bam what a sound ridiculous I'm done with this BS the blades locked over each other so you have to get underneath and bang them apart or the machine will not start up without bouncing off the ground what were they thinking with this design it just doesn't make any sense that you would have that much mass just come to an instant stop and apparently there are no adjustments or any they'll tell me about ridiculous
That really is a crazy design and not good. My Kioti NX4510 HST just disengages and winds down when the PTO is turned off. It is electrically operated. Why would a company put a PTO brake on a tractor.

/ 2022 work master 75 pto too fast shutting down ??? #25  
That really is a crazy design and not good. My Kioti NX4510 HST just disengages and winds down when the PTO is turned off. It is electrically operated. Why would a company put a PTO brake on a tractor.
Just about all of them these days, with the electric over hydraulic PTO clutch pack. Your NX has a spring applied PTO brake too, either it's already wore out or it's just a lot more gentle stopping the PTO.

/ 2022 work master 75 pto too fast shutting down ??? #26  
Even back into the 60's most independant pto's had a brake some the operator even controlled by how he was applying the control lever.

/ 2022 work master 75 pto too fast shutting down ???
Well unfortunately the story comes to a sad ending this is the second tractor as I explained earlier in the post. I just want to start off by saying I've always enjoyed New Holland tractors and especially my local dealer who is a high school friend always takes excellent care of me. However at this point I'm done with the tractor as stated this tractor was delivered on October 12th I used it through the winter discovering that it also had the PTO problem especially with the snow blower through the winter. From the date of delivery of the second tractor the PTO RPM gauge never registered not a big deal I was just happy to have a tractor that wasn't leaking and ran good there were numerous other problems with the first tractor including constantly running out of fuel bad fuel pump and odd engine sounds and hydraulic pump noise that's why New Holland took it back. But unfortunately while having the tractor at the dealership to have the tires widened and add an external lift piston to the back for extra lift capacity and offsetting the weight of the 12-ft reach flail they went ahead and tried to fix the PTO RPM meter. The tractor is now been in the shop for 6 days with no resolve it is completely in limp mode after replacing the dashboard with a new one no one has a clue of what's going on New Holland is still working on it I'm quite done they have replaced everything the next problem will be replacing the entire wire harness no thank you I'm done. I'm just going to give you a warning if you're interested in buying these tractors don't do it by any means from another New Holland dealer in New York state I was told they have a lot of growing pains there's a reason on tractor house there are so many for sale check it out for yourself look at the number of workmaster 75 55 65 that are for sale at incredible prices it is a beautiful tractor and it's just what most people need in a small agricultural business. However the amount of workmanship and quality of all the parts are less than what is necessary for a reliable tractor like my 2420 from many years ago. If they ever get the tractor running I'm going to trade it in on a new Massey Ferguson Global series 47100 more tractor than I need but I just can't trust New Holland anymore for the few years I have left in my life I want to enjoy Mowing and taking care of my farm not spending my life fighting with dealerships and corporations. Believe me when I tell you I love the tractor I'll show you a picture of all the extra lights that I put on for plowing and working at nights as I stated I'm not a real farmer just an old guy retired having fun after a lifetime of working I want to spend my golden years enjoying my farm not cursing at iron I should be well buried in the ground by the time this tractor should be having all of these issues LOL . Heed my warning and if you're thinking about saving a little bit of money just buy a Power Star a few steps up built at a different manufacturing plant to a different specifications they had issues too but they corrected a lot of them. Personally I'm just done with New Holland over 40 years I've bought enough of them time to go back to the old Massey Ferguson and I'm sure it could have issues too I'll just roll my dice . Maybe in another 6 years the workmaster will be a good tractor but right now I'd run away from it unless you're a mechanic and you want too spend the time fixing every little thing that keeps going wrong for instance a PTO cable that needs to be replaced every 5 months LOL because it breaks because of the pot metal that connects it to a engagement in the transmission wait to see what that's like when you can't disengage the PTO or reach it to even get underneath the tractor or restart the tractor because the PTO is engaged that will be fun in a winter snowstorm what a stupid design take care

/ 2022 work master 75 pto too fast shutting down ??? #28  
Lou told you what to do in a previous post. Get yourself an over running coupler, real simple. Actually preferred as it removes the shock load from the implement as well as the internal pto brake. I run them on all my implements that don't have it built into the driveline.

/ 2022 work master 75 pto too fast shutting down ??? #29  
An over running clutch isn't even a band aid against his list of other complaints. I think he made a wise decision to take the loss and get rid of it.

There are a number of Workmaster 75 tractors in this area, and most have been pretty good tractors. However, I'm not aware of any being the later version with all the electro/hydraulic functions. I wouldn't recommend that to anyone. New Holland deserves to lose market share if they insist on peddling that sort of product.

/ 2022 work master 75 pto too fast shutting down ???
Yes once again thank you it is going to be a financial loss however the satisfaction and not dealing with constant breakage is worth its weight in gold. For the last time an overrun clutch which I have on some of the 1963 international tractors on the farm will not help the abrupt starting problem which is just as absurd as the abrupt stopping for the love of God don't you understand an overrun clutch goes One Direction. It's not going to act like a soft start turning the equipment on is just as bad as turning it off a matter of fact that small bush hog almost stalls the engine because of the abrupt turn on. Take care and thank you for the opinions it's probably my fault not explaining what the tracker does as you turn it on to