Here is what the JD lock-up kit looks like:

Attachments

• MP28650________UN02JUL02.gif
    MP28650________UN02JUL02.gif
    8.6 KB · Views: 619
   / 2520 62d mower lift arms drag #12  
Runner said:
"Originally Posted by classic
I just turn the mower height adjuster up and away you go.

On a 2520? There is none than I am aware of..."

I think you get this adjuster with the independent lift kit.

Yes, you do. It uses a cable attached to the lift mechanism to limit the downward travel.

/ 2520 62d mower lift arms drag #13  

Attachments

• DSC06688 (Large).JPG
    DSC06688 (Large).JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 1,348
  • DSC06690 (Large).JPG
    DSC06690 (Large).JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 690
  • DSC06687 (Large).JPG
    DSC06687 (Large).JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 504
  • DSC06691 (Large).JPG
    DSC06691 (Large).JPG
    124 KB · Views: 827
   / 2520 62d mower lift arms drag #14  
Question Kenny, what do you do with the turn buckles and chains when they are not holding up the deck? Do owners have to take them on and off? Ihad not seen this set-up before so I do not know that system works. Thanks for the pics....

Also Kenny your deck is quite glossy, do you mow with that?:laughing:

/ 2520 62d mower lift arms drag #15  
Question Kenny, what do you do with the turn buckles and chains when they are not holding up the deck? Do owners have to take them on and off? Ihad not seen this set-up before so I do not know that system works. Thanks for the pics....

Also Kenny your deck is quite glossy, do you mow with that?:laughing:

I don't use them to hold the deck up...but rather to set the lowest cutting height (3.5" for me) in case the stop on the rockshaft lever moves. I never have the deck on when doing any 3PH work so I don't need them to hold it up. I remove the deck and use cable/zip ties to hold the arms up.

But you are supposed to have the turnbuckles set for the max lift height so you would raise the deck then install the pins to hold the deck up.

Oh, and those pics are old...not glossy anymore!

/ 2520 62d mower lift arms drag #16  
"Originally Posted by classic
I just turn the mower height adjuster up and away you go.

On a 2520? There is none than I am aware of..."

I think you get this adjuster with the independent lift kit.

Yep.......that adjuster knob on the 2520 series is only there, if you have the independent lift cylinder. If you use the 3pth to lift the MMM, there is nothing that comes standard with the tractor to lock up the deck, or the lift arms when the deck is removed. Only option in that case is the "bracket & chain" lockup kit that JD offers. Or.....go with the bungee's or tie-wraps.

As I said before, when not using the lock-up chains you better take them off. One of mine threaded itself all the way out, and it dropped on the ground. Luckily I found the @#&# thing. Don't know if I could have bought just one chain from JD or not. Sure wouldn't have wanted to buy the whole kit again. No big deal to put the chains on or off, just a couple of minutes.

REV

/ 2520 62d mower lift arms drag #17  
Thanks Kenny I am looking at a new 2520 and I had not seen that linkage before so thank you for the explaination. I actually like the way you use your linkage for the cut height, genius idea:thumbsup:.

/ 2520 62d mower lift arms drag #18  
kennyd said:
I don't use them to hold the deck up...but rather to set the lowest cutting height (3.5" for me) in case the stop on the rockshaft lever moves. I never have the deck on when doing any 3PH work so I don't need them to hold it up. I remove the deck and use cable/zip ties to hold the arms up.

But you are supposed to have the turnbuckles set for the max lift height so you would raise the deck then install the pins to hold the deck up.

Oh, and those pics are old...not glossy anymore!

I just ordered a 2520, should be ready next week. I got the independent lift because of the lift arms dragging when the mower deck is not on. Are there any advantages of the independent lift over this lock up kit?

/ 2520 62d mower lift arms drag #19  
I just ordered a 2520, should be ready next week. I got the independent lift because of the lift arms dragging when the mower deck is not on. Are there any advantages of the independent lift over this lock up kit?

Good question...

The IL setup is expensive and complicated, and most complian of leak-down problems. I personally see no reason for the IL kit-you shouldn't be mowing with anything on the 3PH anyway, but that is just my opinion.

/ 2520 62d mower lift arms drag #20  
My only reason for getting the IL was because when I take the mower off I use a box scraper and rear rake and the rear arms and cross member are very low and can get caught and possibly bend. Will this lock up kit keep the mower arms up when I lower the rear attachments when the mower is off?