2520 62d mower lift arms drag

/ 2520 62d mower lift arms drag #21  
My only reason for getting the IL was because when I take the mower off I use a box scraper and rear rake and the rear arms and cross member are very low and can get caught and possibly bend. Will this lock up kit keep the mower arms up when I lower the rear attachments when the mower is off?

I can't answer that 100%, but it should. Zip ties are a lot cheaper though. Did you get the diverter kit so you don't have to unplug the loader lines?

/ 2520 62d mower lift arms drag #22  
Yes I did get the diverted kit. So if I take the deck off I can simply zip tie the arms up?

/ 2520 62d mower lift arms drag #23  
Thanks guys! I have never thought that was all the lock up kit was. I also thought that it was much more than that for $175+. Zip ties ! I have a S##t load of Zip ties!

/ 2520 62d mower lift arms drag #24  
Well, I decided to NOT add the independent lift. There really is no reason to unless you will be adding a rear bagged.

As started above, if you will be using a box scraper or rake, just take off the rear mower linkage. It takes less than 2 minutes.

/ 2520 62d mower lift arms drag #25  
My only reason for getting the IL was because when I take the mower off I use a box scraper and rear rake and the rear arms and cross member are very low and can get caught and possibly bend. Will this lock up kit keep the mower arms up when I lower the rear attachments when the mower is off?

Yep.....the lock up kit will hold up the mower deck arms and it's a lot cheaper than the independent lift kit. I don't use mine to control the cutting height as Kenny does, as so far I haven't had any problem with the rockshaft lever stop, but it is at least another use for the kit if you want to go that way.

The only time I use the lockup chains is in the winter when I have my front blade on with the ballast box and I don't want the mower lift arms dangling below the tractor.

I'm with Kenny.....in reality, I see very little uses for the independent lift kit. Not a lot of bang for the buck IMHO.

REV

/ 2520 62d mower lift arms drag #26  
I have the turn buckle kit and still had to use a ratchet strap in the woods because I broke the bar that goes from Arm To Arm. The Kit does nor keep the arms suspended high enough for nasty deep woods log retrieving.
I vote for zip ties because the repairs cost more than the kit and The time involved to remove them and replace them constantly would not be pleasant.

/ 2520 62d mower lift arms drag #27  
This is a brilliant cure for me being lazy. I will tell you that the bar that connects the two lift linkages together is fairly easy to bend and much harder to bend back to straight... especially by the 3rd or 4th time. The pieces that the pins slide in, at the back of the tractor, that are part of the threaded rod are also very expensive... I have however gotten pretty good at making them as I've done 4 of them now (they bend so badly they can not be re-straitened). After all of this, I now just take the ****** arms off the machine for 3pt work, as others have said it only takes a few minutes, and will save hours of fabrication work.

/ 2520 62d mower lift arms drag #28  
I have thought of this but the ring in the left side is so bent and I can not remove it I have left it on ( surely it won't come off now? ). This was last fall and haven't messed with it yet. Now it's time for unfinished jobs.

/ 2520 62d mower lift arms drag #29  
I am trying to buy a 2520 now, but after reading the posts for the mower and the 2520, I am thinking that my Kubota is not as bad as I thought it was.

My Kubota used the 3pt lifting mechanism to lift and lower the mower deck, but it doesn't actually use the 3 pt in the rear, and it does have a separate cut height so you can leave the deck up all the way and still use the 3 pt.

Can someone answer me just how much ground clearance is left with the mower is deck installed? under the axles? How high can you raise the mower deck?

/ 2520 62d mower lift arms drag #30  
I am trying to buy a 2520 now, but after reading the posts for the mower and the 2520, I am thinking that my Kubota is not as bad as I thought it was.

My Kubota used the 3pt lifting mechanism to lift and lower the mower deck, but it doesn't actually use the 3 pt in the rear, and it does have a separate cut height so you can leave the deck up all the way and still use the 3 pt.

Can someone answer me just how much ground clearance is left with the mower is deck installed? under the axles? How high can you raise the mower deck?

I haven't actually measured, but it's not all that much. Only about 5 or 6 inches max I'd say.

REV