2520 REVEALED!!

/ 2520 REVEALED!! #41  
I was just looking at the 2520 on Deere's website, as it is now up listed under "Twenty series", and there seems to be a conflict with the specs. On all specs I've seen for it (those being here on TBN) it makes no mention of being a limited cat. 1 hitch, but under the features section on Deere's page: here , it states that the 2520 is equipped with a ltd. cat 1. I'm almost certain Deere wouldn't make this mistake with a tractor in this size category because I, for one, would see that as a tremendous handicap. Hopefully someone at Deere just screwed up on the webpage, but I still thought I would bring this up so someone with more knowledge than myself could clear this up.

/ 2520 REVEALED!! #42  
Maybe the lower cost is just JD getting more competetive with Kubota . I wonder if the 2520 is assembled in Japan or the US?

/ 2520 REVEALED!! #43  
This must be a mistake. The manual HERE shows the 3PH as a Category 1 with 1150 lbs of lift 24 inches behind the link arms. Doesn't sound very limited to me. The 2305 and 2210 manuals on the other hand clearly state that the 3PH on those models is a Limited Cat 1. I think I read somewhere else on this great site that Limited Cat 1 means that the 3PH does not lift to the full height of the ASAE spec so they classify it as limited. The tires and ground clearance of the 2520 are much higher than the 2305/2210 so I would be very surprised if it really is a limited Cat 1. It seems that JD has also not posted the specs yet or fully posted the compatible attachments. (At least I hope there are more attachments than those listed!)

Cheers,

Woody

/ 2520 REVEALED!! #44  
Hey guys,
I don't understand. I just checked JohnDeere.com. It reads "Cat 1 3-Point Hitch." Am I missing something? Or has it been corrected maybe?

/ 2520 REVEALED!! #45  
The 44115 and below were made in Japan, likely the samewith the replacements.

/ 2520 REVEALED!! #46  
I wonder why there's no spec page to click on for the 2520? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ 2520 REVEALED!! #48  
I'm glad someone at Deere caught and fixed that mistake. I had little doubt the 3 pt would be a full cat. 1, but hey, crazy things happen sometimes. These new 2520's are sharp looking little machines--I'm particularly glad to see larger r4's on them (especially at the new lower price =).

/ 2520 REVEALED!! #49  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm glad someone at Deere caught and fixed that mistake.)</font>

That happens to the best of us. You click - print or send or export or _____ (fill in the blank); before you get ready, and then, in most cases it's too late. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ 2520 REVEALED!! #50  
Well it looks like $16,400 for a 2520 w/ R4s and a 200CX loader is the best I'm gonna do here in the Northeast. The Dealer is throwing in an engine oil filter, parts manual, and a bucket level indicator. I'm also getting 36mo 0% financing which I guess costs the dealer something. It should be here in about 2 weeks according to the sales person. I hope I didn't pay too much. I keep thinking about the telescopic links on the Kubota B2630, but that's about all it had going for it. The treadle HST control on the Kubota is too awkward for me. Price wise, they're pretty close. I hope I made right choice. Time will tell. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif