2nd Rear Remote for NX4510HST

/ 2nd Rear Remote for NX4510HST
Is the part number NXA115? If so that item lists for under $300.00. Contact Michigan Iron.
I reached out to MI yesterday and we've been back and forth via email. I'm awaiting a price quote from them.

/ 2nd Rear Remote for NX4510HST #12  
Well, that begs the question, which would be the recommended? Float or Detent?

I've read some articles online so I have a pretty good understanding of the difference between these two style of valves, but what would the experts here recommend? My projected uses are a Box Blade, a Landscape Rake, a brush mower or possibly a flail mower, a PTO Chipper and a PTO Stump Grinder. The SG does require two rear remotes for full functionality.

I do not have any plans at this time to use the tractor for any farming activities other than dragging a spring harrow.

Thank you for any advice and/or suggestions you all can provide.
I will have two detent remotes on my tractor. One is for rear attachments and the other goes forward to the loader for my stump grapple bucket. I can unplug the hoses in the rear to use it back there also.

I will have two detent remotes on my tractor. One is for rear attachments and the other goes forward to the loader for my stump grapple bucket. I can unplug the hoses in the rear to use it back there also.
Thank you for your response. I ordered the tractor with the 3rd function on the front. The rear remotes will only be used to control attachments on the rear of the tractor.

/ 2nd Rear Remote for NX4510HST #14  
Thank you for your response. I ordered the tractor with the 3rd function on the front. The rear remotes will only be used to control attachments on the rear of the tractor.
My local dealer wants $1250 for the 3rd function kit and $1550 for it installed. It only cost me around $260 for the hoses and connectors to plumb my own.

/ 2nd Rear Remote for NX4510HST #15  
I would go for a valve with float in it,
any thing with a single action cylinder will work nicer with a float position.
Also anything such as a seeder or disc will work good with float operation.
It is also nice for connecting hydraulic hoses, with the valve in float there is no pressure on either line.

I heard back from Michigan Iron. I asked about the 2nd Rear Remote and the TNT kit, and here is where my ignorance surfaces.
They are recommending their "spring centering" 2nd Remote Kit, based upon the fact I also asked about the TNT kit. I am not familiar with all the different types of rear remotes. With a hydraulic Top-n-Tilt, and the uses I described (Box Blade, Brush or Flail Mower, Spring Harrow, etc.) do I want Float or Detent or ??

BTW, their price for the 3rd function came in at $305, about 1/2 the dealer price as others have noted. That's for the Kioti NXA125 kit. The TNT came in at $765.

/ 2nd Rear Remote for NX4510HST #17  
I heard back from Michigan Iron. I asked about the 2nd Rear Remote and the TNT kit, and here is where my ignorance surfaces.
They are recommending their "spring centering" 2nd Remote Kit, based upon the fact I also asked about the TNT kit. I am not familiar with all the different types of rear remotes. With a hydraulic Top-n-Tilt, and the uses I described (Box Blade, Brush or Flail Mower, Spring Harrow, etc.) do I want Float or Detent or ??

BTW, their price for the 3rd function came in at $305, about 1/2 the dealer price as others have noted. That's for the Kioti NXA125 kit. The TNT came in at $765.
Michigan Iron is a Kioti dealer. That $305 price is about right for it. The NXA125 must be a newer valve for your model tractor. Mine is a 2014 and uses the NXA115's.

/ 2nd Rear Remote for NX4510HST #18  
To me the only reason for a detent valve is running a hydraulic motor,
or a splitter with a flow through valve.

/ 2nd Rear Remote for NX4510HST #19  
Well, that begs the question, which would be the recommended? Float or Detent?

I've read some articles online so I have a pretty good understanding of the difference between these two style of valves, but what would the experts here recommend? My projected uses are a Box Blade, a Landscape Rake, a brush mower or possibly a flail mower, a PTO Chipper and a PTO Stump Grinder. The SG does require two rear remotes for full functionality.

I do not have any plans at this time to use the tractor for any farming activities other than dragging a spring harrow.

Thank you for any advice and/or suggestions you all can provide.
I have a splitter with a flow thru valve and my 3pth chipper which has a hydraulic feed motor on it. That is why I went with detent valves. For using them on my 3rd function setup for my grapple I just don't go into the detent position to open and close the grapple.

/ 2nd Rear Remote for NX4510HST #20  
I agree with this response. If you're planning on using something that needs constant flow, go with the detent.

If you're only going to 'use' the hydraulic power for a split second, go with float (self return). From the sounds of what you're wanting to use, float (self return) will work the best. You're going to move the TnT occasionally. Regardless of which stump grinder you get, you won't need constant hydraulic flow. The grinder will run via the PTO, and you'll just use the hydro to lift it up/down, and possibly the swing function if you go expensive on the stump grinder (Baumalight 3P24 style).

The TNT came in at $765.

With with your TnT, do you really need the hydraulic tilt? I have the hydraulic top link, and it's GREAT. Love that function, but I rarely change the tilt of my box blade, land place, rake, etc. The top link I purchased from MIE was for my NX5010~ $250 for the following:

MIE NX-TL Top Link Kit
2" x 11" Top Link Cylinder
Category 1 Pin Ends
20.75" Retracted Length Pin/Pin
Integrated Lock Valve
Hoses and Quick Couplers

I'll gladly get off the tractor the (2) times a year I need to adjust the tilt to save myself the $500.

Also, whichever style you go with, ought to find out if it comes with the longer bolts so you can install it once it arrives. If it doesn't, you can get them at Fastenal or the like pretty easily. Just have to know the length you'll need.