3/4” or 1” cordless impacts

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #41  
On Dewalt the 18 volt batteries were NiCad and didn’t last that long. The newer 20 volt are lithium ion and last much longer.

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #42  
Milwaukee has a great warranty, I believe I would send that angle grinder back.
I probably should have, but it is a little late now. I bought the Milwaukee M18 angle grinder in January 2020, I think. My first project was to cut welds on some steel trusses to bring them down. It would grind for about 30 seconds then shut off. I got pretty quick at restarting. Perhaps it was hard work. That may have been the project that I started hunting for larger M18 batteries that helped a little bit, but not enough.

I think I got that project done mostly with corded grinders. I used the grinder for the rest of the year before it finally died on me, and has been set aside, but not forgotten.

So far I've used the Hercules angle grinders quite a bit, and the only time they konk out is when I bind the blade. And they just keep going.

This morning I ordered a few new Greenworks tools, and decided to throw a 24V angle grinder onto the order. However, they don't seem to sell any impacts larger than 1/2".

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #43  
I probably should have, but it is a little late now. I bought the Milwaukee M18 angle grinder in January 2020, I think. My first project was to cut welds on some steel trusses to bring them down. It would grind for about 30 seconds then shut off. I got pretty quick at restarting. Perhaps it was hard work. That may have been the project that I started hunting for larger M18 batteries that helped a little bit, but not enough.

I think I got that project done mostly with corded grinders. I used the grinder for the rest of the year before it finally died on me, and has been set aside, but not forgotten.

So far I've used the Hercules angle grinders quite a bit, and the only time they konk out is when I bind the blade. And they just keep going.

This morning I ordered a few new Greenworks tools, and decided to throw a 24V angle grinder onto the order. However, they don't seem to sell any impacts larger than 1/2".
Well they will repair or replace for free for 5 years, so you still have time, and unless something has changed they will email you a shipping label, you print it out and box it up, UPS picks it up and in about 10 days it's fixed or they send you a new one and they pay shipping both ways.

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #44  
I think I have 6? M18 grinders (I hate switching between cutoff, grinder, cup brush, sanding disk, etc

I pick them up at the pawn shop(s)

I don’t think I’ve stalled one like described. (Some are fuel, some are not)

I’ve stalled the drill (occasionally) when drilling thick metal with maybe 5/8 bit on the little burr that develops just before breaking though. Mostly technique, as my m18 mag drill hasn’t stalled

Last edited:
   / 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts
So it looks like I can get a DeWalt 60V (20V max, whatever) 3/4” impact for 250-300.
I’ve got some serious bolts to remove and I don’t want to use a ratchet all day, so I might just go for it.

Meanwhile I have my 1” set if it gets crazy….

1710284066776.jpeg

I put my 1/2” and 3/8” ratchets next to it….just for size reference. 😁

Last edited:
   / 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #46  
So it looks like I can get a DeWalt 60V (20V max, whatever) 3/4” impact for 250-300.
I’ve got some serious bolts to remove and I don’t want to use a ratchet all day, so I might just go for it.

View attachment 853108
Like I said don't take your pull handle and cheater bar off the truck, but it will save you a lot of hand wrenching.

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #47  
Of course in order to be “first string” you must own a Milwaukee 3/4” impact . We use it weekly to change some tire, I did use it to replace a sacrificial anode on an old water heater, which is normally quite challenging. It was a breeze with the impact.

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #48  
After watching a lot of YT videos, I took a chance on a Selee (sp?) unit. Fine tool that has not let me down. Only had it a few months and still haven't had to charge either battery (comes with two.) It was also the cheapest of all the mid-high torque units. 600 or so lb-ft IIRC. Variable, too. Fits my big hands well.

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #49  

View attachment 853108
That looks like a pretty small ratchet set. A few years ago I found a 1" Armstrong ratchet at a second hand store, and there was no choice but to bring it home.

Wrenches.jpg

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #50  
For as often as I would use a 3/4" or 1" I'll just stick with air.

I am mostly DeWalt as I got a deal on them and want to stay with the same batteries.

That said I had an old Black and Decker Sawzall and was able to ger an adapter to put my DeWalt batteries on it. I picked up a Ryobi 1/2" last year as an after Christmas sale for $99 came with one battery and a slow charger. I recently ordered the adapter to use my DeWalt Batteries on it.

So I've broadened the tools I will buy if I can get and adapter to my batteries.