3 Point Hitch Control Locking Knob

/ 3 Point Hitch Control Locking Knob #1  

Oldtoad

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L4310, Bolens-Isiki
The one thing I absolutely hate about the Kubota is the locking knob for the 3 point hitch control.
It is tiny, difficult to turn and does not lock up where it should to lock the hitch position where it is wanted.
Anyone else have this problem and a working solution?

/ 3 Point Hitch Control Locking Knob #2  
The nob on my “Grand” L4060 is pretty cheesy as well.

/ 3 Point Hitch Control Locking Knob #3  
Locking knob for the 3pt? Do you mean lowering speed control valve?

/ 3 Point Hitch Control Locking Knob #4  
I think he means that little black knob that you can lock the lever in any position as a stop numbered 1 to 8 etc........

/ 3 Point Hitch Control Locking Knob #5  
I think he means that little black knob that you can lock the lever in any position as a stop numbered 1 to 8 etc........

Ahh yes, I think I did use that once. Agree, pretty useless. If I do anything ground engaging I used draft control but never really absolute depth control I guess.

/ 3 Point Hitch Control Locking Knob #6  

Yes, that adjustable stop on the Grand L is a pretty poor & pitiful design. Rather delicate too. I use it a lot with the Bush hog and disk harrow.

/ 3 Point Hitch Control Locking Knob #7  
I put a drop of oil on the threads of mine and that made it easier to tighten. If that proves to be less than effective long term, I'll make a bigger knob for it.

/ 3 Point Hitch Control Locking Knob
Yes, we are not alone! Thanks for replies.
Bigger diameter knob not a solution on this Kubota, not enough space available with a bigger knob to get the grubby lunch hooks (fingers) on the thing.
Betting someone with more common sense than me on this website has a simple solution.

/ 3 Point Hitch Control Locking Knob #9  
Maybe post a picture of what it looks like for folks like me that does not have a Kubota. We might be able to give some ideas if we see what is going on.

/ 3 Point Hitch Control Locking Knob #10  
Maybe post a picture of what it looks like for folks like me that does not have a Kubota. We might be able to give some ideas if we see what is going on.

It's just a thumbscrew that fits in the slot for the lift lever that puts a mechanical stop for the down motion. It is in a pretty narrow slot for the level control lever, meaning folks with big fingers gonna have fun with it. Pretty much just a carriage bolt with a plastic thumbscrew/acorn nut on it. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to coat the threads with a light grease or graphite on occasion. You can see the ground/tire through the slot, so anything that slings off the tire is going to get up there and create a problem. I'm considering removing mine because the larger R14's seem to be so tall that the lift doesn't go low enough to reattach some implements unless I park them on blocks/pallets, etc., or keep a landscaping timber nearby to pry the front of the implement up. That's whole other topic, though. I just looked through the parts manual for the LX2610SUHSD, and don't see the knob in the drawings (or I would have posted an image). Found the lever and the insert for the fender, but no knob and bolt. Will have to get a photo another time.